Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to find memory capacity.
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory how to find memory capacity. Post 302085917 by Mar1006 on Monday 21st of August 2006 07:23:30 AM
Old 08-21-2006
how to find memory capacity.

Hi,

In Sun solaris o/s how can i find the memory space available,Swap space.

By giving df command i can get the disc space.

I want RAM space & swap space.

If anybody assist me.that is great.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to find memory used by a process

Hi, Can anyone help me out in writing the shell scrip which monitors a process which is running and gives me the output of the memory being used by the process, I have the requirement of monitorig the memory usage of the process when it is running. Please help me out (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayagiri
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find filesystems crossed 90% capacity

Hi experts, How do i find which are the filesystems which has crossed 90% capacity in solaris box. thanks Shaan:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaan_dmp
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to find the memory in HP-Unix?

Hi, I have a HP-Unix server, version B.11.23. Can someone tell me how to find out the physical memory & virtual memory (swap) in my server? & what is Page fault? & is there any limitation for page fault? Thank you. Your help is appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
7 Replies

4. Solaris

How to find Total and Free Physical Memory and Logical Memory in SOLARIS 9

Hi, Im working on Solaris 9 on SPARC-32 bit running on an Ultra-80, and I have to find out the following:- 1. Total Physical Memory in the system(total RAM). 2. Available Physical Memory(i.e. RAM Usage) 3. Total (Logical) Memory in the system 4. Available (Logical) Memory. I know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to find 8 gb of memory

I 've one box with 16gb of RAM and top, vmstat showing 8712M free , i 'm unable to find which process is eating up rest of the memory , the system is not running anything at the moment. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
14 Replies

6. Red Hat

how to find out free memory?

hi, I have done the below, but am confused as to how much memory is "free" please help thanks $ free total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 132033488 48827536 83205952 0 1007696 45404632 -/+ buffers/cache: 2415208 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
7 Replies

7. AIX

how to find out disk capacity

Hi, I would like to know how to find out disk capacity if it is assigned from the storage as a lun. as per below command , I am unable to find out disk capacity. $ bash bash-3.00$ lspv hdisk1 0001579a7fa3c086 None $ lscfg -vl hdisk1 hdisk1 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find filesystem capacity on 50 servers

Hi all, I am new to Unix and I want to write a shell script in a jumpbox for finding the filesystem capacity on 50 unix servers ( by ssh ) and then email the result in HTML format with server name and capacity % to a specific outlook distribution list. any suggestion would be of great help. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbisht9
17 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find memory consumption by application

Hello, we are using AIX 6.1 On our AIX 6.1 server there are two instance of Oracle, a Websphear, a Java application and informatica are running. Can I find out how much memory each of these are consuming? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIX_DBA
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

How to find the used memory in HP-UX?

Hi all, Can any please provide how to calculate the cpu and memory usage of HP-UX server. Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
6 Replies
datalock(3C)															      datalock(3C)

NAME
datalock() - lock process into memory after allocating data and stack space SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
allocates at least datsiz bytes of data space and stsiz bytes of stack space, then locks the program in memory. The data space is allo- cated by (see malloc(3C)). After the program is locked, this space is released by (see malloc(3C)), making it available for use. This allows the calling program to use that much space dynamically without receiving the signal. The effective user ID of the calling process must be super-user or be a member of or have an effective group ID of a group having PRIV_MLOCK access to use this call (see setprivgrp(2) in getprivgrp(2)). EXAMPLES
The following call to allocates 4096 bytes of data space and 2048 bytes of stack space, then locks the process in memory: RETURN VALUE
returns -1 if cannot allocate enough memory or if returned an error (see plock(2)). WARNINGS
Multiple datalocks cannot be the same as one big one. Methods for calculating the required size are not yet well developed. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
getprivgrp(2), plock(2), thread_safety(5). datalock(3C)