Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to find the os and h/w details Post 302085591 by apoorvasharma80 on Friday 18th of August 2006 10:09:44 AM
Old 08-18-2006
Just check in the /proc.......you will find a lot of info about machine hardware and OS.

proc/cpuinfo
Information about the processor, such as its type, make, model, and
performance.

/proc/devices
List of device drivers configured into the currently running kernel.

/proc/dma
Shows which DMA channels are being used at the moment.

/proc/filesystems
Filesystems configured into the kernel.

/proc/interrupts
Shows which interrupts are in use, and how many of each there have been.

/proc/ioports
Which I/O ports are in use at the moment.

regards
Apoorva Kumar

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Where can I find details of what various Solaris packages do?

Among varous other items, I'm trying to find out what "Authentication Management Infrastructure" (package SUNWamix) does, and why would a sysadmin disable it? The reason given is 'for security purposes' without explanation ... how and why is AMI such a 'security risk' that it has to be turned off?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muleheadjoe
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how to find out unix server details

I like to find out Server Drive/Storage Specifications like Drive Size? Storage Type: Local or SAN ? Number of Processors: Processor Speed: Memory: please someone help me out how I can get from command line? Thanks you in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thopputhurai
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Find server details

Hi experts Is there a command or a way in Solaris to find server details like this: SUN240R 2 @ 160MHz CPU 1Gb memory Solaris8 lan0 (16SV LAN) 100FD lan1 (45CI LAN) 100FD lan2 (8CON LAN) 10HD lan3 (38SY LAN) 100HD Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lalelle
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory details with FIND

Hello, an easy question, I hope. What would be the way to produce a result from the following find statement that would also include for each line in the output the details usually associated with the ls -ltr command? Here is the find I am using: find . -name "*.prg" -exec grep "test line" {}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Need some help to find out hardware details

hi all i am looking for some command or utility to find out hard ware details. 1. How should i know whether my network adapter is a fibre card or RJ25 (upd) card (ethtool in linux) 2. How to check physical connectivity. ("mii-tool eth0" in linux) 3. How to find pci devices with exact details.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingston
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to find the year in last login details

Hi Friends I have a query. we had a requirement to see the last login details of our users so I ran the command last <username> and the output i get is: wtmp begins Apr 17 21:48 Now I need to know couple of things: 1. How can I see the year this log is being read from wtmp file 2. Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathandrake13
4 Replies

7. Solaris

How to find MQ details on Solaris 5.8?

Hi All, I want to find MQ details on a solaris 5.8 server , does anyone knows the command to findout the details I have used below command to find the following o/p command pkginfo | grep -i mq o/p application mqm WebSphere MQ for Sun Solaris application... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting file Details with find -mmin

I'm new to this and I have done a lot of research and am 99% done with my ksh script BUT I need help with. The script looks at Journal files and reports back on any that have not been updated for 15 min. Everything works but I wanted more detail (added -ls) and now I'm getting dups. Original code:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackopz
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a file with a specific pattern for current sysdate & upon find email the details?

I need assistance with following requirement, I am new to Unix. I want to do the following task but stuck with file creation date(sysdate) Following is the requirement I need to create a script that will read the abc/xyz/klm folder and look for *.err files for that day’s date and then send an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PreetArul
4 Replies
GRUB-FILE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      GRUB-FILE(1)

NAME
grub-file -- Check if FILE is of specified type. SYNOPSIS
grub-file (--is-i386-xen-pae-domu | --is-x86_64-xen-domu | --is-x86-xen-dom0 | --is-x86-multiboot | --is-x86-multiboot2 | --is-arm-linux | --is-arm64-linux | --is-ia64-linux | --is-mips-linux | --is-mipsel-linux | --is-sparc64-linux | --is-powerpc-linux | --is-x86-linux | --is-x86-linux32 | --is-x86-kfreebsd | --is-i386-kfreebsd | --is-x86_64-kfreebsd | --is-x86-knetbsd | --is-i386-knetbsd | --is-x86_64-knetbsd | --is-i386-efi | --is-x86_64-efi | --is-ia64-efi | --is-arm64-efi | --is-arm-efi | --is-hibernated-hiberfil | --is-x86_64-xnu | --is-i386-xnu | --is-xnu-hibr | --is-x86-bios-bootsector) FILE DESCRIPTION
grub-file is used to check if FILE is of a specified type. OPTIONS
--is-i386-xen-pae-domu Check if FILE can be booted as i386 PAE Xen unprivileged guest kernel --is-x86_64-xen-domu Check if FILE can be booted as x86_64 Xen unprivileged guest kernel --is-x86-xen-dom0 Check if FILE can be used as Xen x86 privileged guest kernel --is-x86-multiboot Check if FILE can be used as x86 multiboot kernel --is-x86-multiboot2 Check if FILE can be used as x86 multiboot2 kernel --is-arm-linux Check if FILE is ARM Linux --is-arm64-linux Check if FILE is ARM64 Linux --is-ia64-linux Check if FILE is IA64 Linux --is-mips-linux Check if FILE is MIPS Linux --is-mipsel-linux Check if FILE is MIPSEL Linux --is-sparc64-linux Check if FILE is SPARC64 Linux --is-powerpc-linux Check if FILE is POWERPC Linux --is-x86-linux Check if FILE is x86 Linux --is-x86-linux32 Check if FILE is x86 Linux supporting 32-bit protocol --is-x86-kfreebsd Check if FILE is x86 kFreeBSD --is-i386-kfreebsd Check if FILE is i386 kFreeBSD --is-x86_64-kfreebsd Check if FILE is x86_64 kFreeBSD --is-x86-knetbsd Check if FILE is x86 kNetBSD --is-i386-knetbsd Check if FILE is i386 kNetBSD --is-x86_64-knetbsd Check if FILE is x86_64 kNetBSD --is-i386-efi Check if FILE is i386 EFI file --is-x86_64-efi Check if FILE is x86_64 EFI file --is-ia64-efi Check if FILE is IA64 EFI file --is-arm64-efi Check if FILE is ARM64 EFI file --is-arm-efi Check if FILE is ARM EFI file --is-hibernated-hiberfil Check if FILE is hiberfil.sys in hibernated state --is-x86_64-xnu Check if FILE is x86_64 XNU (Mac OS X kernel) --is-i386-xnu Check if FILE is i386 XNU (Mac OS X kernel) --is-xnu-hibr Check if FILE is XNU (Mac OS X kernel) hibernated image --is-x86-bios-bootsector Check if FILE is BIOS bootsector SEE ALSO
info grub Web Feb 26 2014 GRUB-FILE(1)