Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dummy Questions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dummy Questions Post 302085437 by slayer666 on Thursday 17th of August 2006 09:40:40 AM
Old 08-17-2006
Error Dummy Questions

NOT IN USE, IGNORE

Last edited by slayer666; 08-18-2006 at 09:48 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dummy Needs Help

I am ftp-ing (I think) files from one computer to another and I am using the Put command to do this. Is there a way for me to string these commands together and Put several files at once? Thanks, Amy (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amygdala
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using dummy files

what do you record or look for when using these dummy files to test I/O throughput on disk drives. i have no clue and reading from books sure aint helping much. i know all about the creation and every other thing there is to it but when it comes to actual testing, how do i use them this is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Dummy

i need to learn unix real quick and i have completely no idea how. could anyone please tell me how to get material to get me going??? I am IT oriented. PLEASE ANY ONE???????????????? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quarmenna
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dummy need help :(

This drive me nut, any can show me how to do it ?? str1='Case Modify 10001 20002 30003 40004|Report Create 3417176211|Case Modify 10002 20002 30003 40004' and str2='Case Modify 10001' if str1 ~ str2 then str1='Report Create 3417176211|Case Modify 10002 20002 30003 40004' Thanks, (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dummy questions about how to get the size of a directory by command

Hi, 'ls -ld' is no use .... I want to get the total size of a directory including subdir. Any advice? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dummy questions about how to get the size of a directory by command

Hi, 'ls -ld' is no use .... I want to get the total size of a directory. Any advice? Thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

more questions froma a dummy

thanks all fro your help on my last question my Unix class is officially my least favorite :( as I am not sure I will ever get it :confused: :eek: . okay so I have a couple more these may seem basic but I had never heard of UNIX untill last week when classes started. first of what does the tty,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cinnamonbear
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Dummy!

Hi everyone!! i need some help to do the next exercice, if some one can help-me! Perform a script to swap two lines of a file. The name of file as the two line numbers are passed as a parameter. It should be verify that the file exists, have the necessary permits and lines. i try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freixo
3 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Dummy Question

Where can I get UNIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ciao303
1 Replies
GIT-CHECK-IGNORE(1)						    Git Manual						       GIT-CHECK-IGNORE(1)

NAME
git-check-ignore - Debug gitignore / exclude files SYNOPSIS
git check-ignore [options] pathname... git check-ignore [options] --stdin < <list-of-paths> DESCRIPTION
For each pathname given via the command-line or from a file via --stdin, show the pattern from .gitignore (or other input files to the exclude mechanism) that decides if the pathname is excluded or included. Later patterns within a file take precedence over earlier ones. OPTIONS
-q, --quiet Don't output anything, just set exit status. This is only valid with a single pathname. -v, --verbose Also output details about the matching pattern (if any) for each given pathname. --stdin Read file names from stdin instead of from the command-line. -z The output format is modified to be machine-parseable (see below). If --stdin is also given, input paths are separated with a NUL character instead of a linefeed character. -n, --non-matching Show given paths which don't match any pattern. This only makes sense when --verbose is enabled, otherwise it would not be possible to distinguish between paths which match a pattern and those which don't. --no-index Don't look in the index when undertaking the checks. This can be used to debug why a path became tracked by e.g. git add . and was not ignored by the rules as expected by the user or when developing patterns including negation to match a path previously added with git add -f. OUTPUT
By default, any of the given pathnames which match an ignore pattern will be output, one per line. If no pattern matches a given path, nothing will be output for that path; this means that path will not be ignored. If --verbose is specified, the output is a series of lines of the form: <source> <COLON> <linenum> <COLON> <pattern> <HT> <pathname> <pathname> is the path of a file being queried, <pattern> is the matching pattern, <source> is the pattern's source file, and <linenum> is the line number of the pattern within that source. If the pattern contained a ! prefix or / suffix, it will be preserved in the output. <source> will be an absolute path when referring to the file configured by core.excludesfile, or relative to the repository root when referring to .git/info/exclude or a per-directory exclude file. If -z is specified, the pathnames in the output are delimited by the null character; if --verbose is also specified then null characters are also used instead of colons and hard tabs: <source> <NULL> <linenum> <NULL> <pattern> <NULL> <pathname> <NULL> If -n or --non-matching are specified, non-matching pathnames will also be output, in which case all fields in each output record except for <pathname> will be empty. This can be useful when running non-interactively, so that files can be incrementally streamed to STDIN of a long-running check-ignore process, and for each of these files, STDOUT will indicate whether that file matched a pattern or not. (Without this option, it would be impossible to tell whether the absence of output for a given file meant that it didn't match any pattern, or that the output hadn't been generated yet.) Buffering happens as documented under the GIT_FLUSH option in git(1). The caller is responsible for avoiding deadlocks caused by overfilling an input buffer or reading from an empty output buffer. EXIT STATUS
0 One or more of the provided paths is ignored. 1 None of the provided paths are ignored. 128 A fatal error was encountered. SEE ALSO
gitignore(5) gitconfig(5) git-ls-files(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-CHECK-IGNORE(1)