Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: enhanced tcpdump is needed
Special Forums IP Networking enhanced tcpdump is needed Post 302085435 by ahtat99 on Thursday 17th of August 2006 09:34:55 AM
Old 08-17-2006
Personaly I think that since you already had started to use the pcap lib, it would be a whole lot easier to code it and use it yourself, rather than going online to search for some shrink wrap software. Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C2 or enhanced security

We are using c2 / enhanced security on digital unix. I do not have access to the GUI. I need to get information on login status for users. Specifically I would like to know who has not logged in within the last 6 months. I think I can query the edauth files, but I can't find information on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Enhanced Password Authentication

Hello; I am moving a customer from Solaris 2.6 to Solaris 2.8. The customer has requested the following two requirements also be implemented: 1. Lock a user account out for X number of days after 3 unsuccessful login attempts. 2. No reuse of the last 5-10 passwords. Also referred to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rambo15
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Are there many UNIX server security enhanced products?

for sco, hp, or AIX...... anyway, how can I secure the UNIX system. I knew that CA has it's products for securing the UNIX server system. Please tell me more about other vender, and their products thxs! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brookwk
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

enhanced substitution

Dear I have a problem on which I turn araound since hours. Hope you could help me. I have a bash script, which activates with "nohup ./script2 params & " several subscripts. In my main script, I have set lot's of variables, which I would pass into script 2. My idea is now to create a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pramach
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convergent Enhanced Ethernet

Hi. I guess this my dummy question is for super-gurus. I'm on Red Hat' documentation regarding their RDMA capabilities over "convergent" Ethernet network. I read everything that I could find on inet, wikipedia etc. about the technology itself. I can't figure out, how can I determine if the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newlinuxuser1
0 Replies

6. AIX

Normal VG to Enhanced Concurrent VG

Hi All, I am going to perform some activity in 2Node HA Server(Active/Passive). For that i have to do some pre-requsite (ie., Resource Group VG's should be Enhanced-Concurrent) In my setup, we have two volume groups in one RG. In that one VG is Normal and another is Enhance Concurrent. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

New Enhanced Forum Features for VIP Members

Dear All, Thank you for your support. As promised I have upgrade features for unix.com forum VIP members as follows: Who's Online Permissions Can View IP Addresses Can View Detailed Location Info for Users Can View Detailed Location Info of Users Who Visit Bad / No Permission... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
PCAP_OPEN_OFFLINE(3PCAP)												  PCAP_OPEN_OFFLINE(3PCAP)

NAME
pcap_open_offline, pcap_fopen_offline - open a saved capture file for reading SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> char errbuf[PCAP_ERRBUF_SIZE]; pcap_t *pcap_open_offline(const char *fname, char *errbuf); pcap_t *pcap_fopen_offline(FILE *fp, char *errbuf); DESCRIPTION
pcap_open_offline() is called to open a ``savefile'' for reading. fname specifies the name of the file to open. The file can have the pcap file format as described in pcap-savefile(5), which is the file format used by, among other programs, tcpdump(1) and tcpslice(1), or can have the pcap-ng file format, although not all pcap-ng files can be read. The name "-" in a synonym for stdin. Alternatively, you may call pcap_fopen_offline() to read dumped data from an existing open stream fp. Note that on Windows, that stream should be opened in binary mode. RETURN VALUE
pcap_open_offline() and pcap_fopen_offline() return a pcap_t * on success and NULL on failure. If NULL is returned, errbuf is filled in with an appropriate error message. errbuf is assumed to be able to hold at least PCAP_ERRBUF_SIZE chars. SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP), pcap-savefile(5) 5 April 2008 PCAP_OPEN_OFFLINE(3PCAP)