Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need an advise Backup HPUX Server while online Post 302085249 by real-chess on Wednesday 16th of August 2006 06:11:36 AM
Old 08-16-2006
Need an advise Backup HPUX Server while online

I will perform a "fbackup -f /dev/rmt/0m -i /". Can any body advise me on the following:

1. Is this a full backup of the entire file system or like the entire image of the server. Is it ok to do a backup while the server is online.
2. If it is not advisable to do a backup while the server is online/working,
Is it safe to unplug the ethernet cable while the server is working.
3. Is this the correct command to recover "frecover -f /dev/rmt/0m -xov -i /"

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Finding server Model on HPUX

Hi i am just wondering is there a command in hp that you can find the server model on hpux? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnineill
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuration of email on HPUX server

I am working in an developer 2000 based application where backend is Oracle9i in unix environment. My application has the functionality if email generation. But I am not able to test this functionality as my HPUX server is not configured for emails. Please let me know the steps for configuring mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharmavr
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Full System Backup / Cloning HPUX

I am new to UNIX and need help in cloning a HPUX 10.2 Ace 5, can anybody please guide me in making a full system backup. Real Chess (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: real-chess
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hpux admin tutorial online helps or links

Please HELP>>. anyone know any links for HPUX Admin tutorial ...FRee or CBT that is cheap under $50... I need to review and conquor!! :eek: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpux2006
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Can't start the cpp server in hpux

Hello, I have writtern the makefile and successfully produce the server exe. But, it doesn't run in hpux11.11 server. compile and link option: /opt/aCC/bin/aCC -Aa -Wl,+s /cc/smc3/root/development/auto_activation/AA_global/obj/smc3/aa_config.o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlyforforum
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Ignite issue on HPUX server

Hi All, I am getting below error while igniting(restoring image) on 2470 server. i tried with different images it is giving same error. please help me out to resolve this issue * Making VxFS filesystem for "/usr/aethos/snss/suppimpapp1", (/dev/vg00/rsuppimpapp1). *... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prabhu H
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

HPUX 11.23 - server is crawling

OK HPUX masters I need help. I have a HPUX 11.23 server that I am using as a Ignite server that services two HPUX services for backups only. The other day I noticed that our Make Net Recoveries were failing. Upon attempting to login to the server SSH and could not I then tried to ping and could... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: waytec
6 Replies
BACKUP_DELDUMP(8)					       AFS Command Reference						 BACKUP_DELDUMP(8)

NAME
       backup_deldump - Deletes a dump level from the Backup Database

SYNOPSIS
       backup deldump -dump <dump level name> [-localauth]
	   [-cell <cell name>] [-help]

backup deld -d <dump level name> [-l]
	   [-c <cell name>] [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The backup deldump command deletes the indicated dump level and all of its child dump levels from the dump hierarchy in the Backup
       Database. Use the backup listdumps command to display the dump hierarchy.

OPTIONS
       -dump <dump level name>
	   Specifies the complete pathname of the dump level to delete.

-localauth
	   Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to
	   the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more
	   details, see backup(8).

-cell <cell name>
	   Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8).

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

EXAMPLES
       The following command deletes the dump level "/sunday1/monday1" from the dump hierarchy, along with any of its child dump levels.

% backup deldump /sunday1/monday1

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on every machine where the Backup Server is running, or must be logged
       onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included.

SEE ALSO
       backup(8), backup_adddump(8), backup_listdumps(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26							 BACKUP_DELDUMP(8)