Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script Error token '08'
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script Error token '08' Post 302085114 by aigles on Tuesday 15th of August 2006 09:25:05 AM
Old 08-15-2006
You can also do all the work using awk only. In that case you will not have problem with pseudo octal numbers.
Code:
awk -v File=Event00_09on$(date "+%d") '
   {
      hr = substr($0,21,2);
      if (hr >= 0 && hr <= 9) {
         print "Record processing ";
         print $0 >> File;
      } else {
         print "Record negletting ";
         print $0;
      }
   }
   ' EventLogFile.txt

Jean-Pierre.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Authentication token error?!?!

Hi all, I have upgraded my old RedHat 6.2 box to RedHat 7.3. I had couple hundreds of users on that box so i just migrated all the user account to a new box by transfering home directories, and appending to /etc/passwd /etc/shadow /etc/group. I have preserved all permittions. Everything works... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solvman
8 Replies

2. Programming

Newbie Question.. -> error: syntax error before ';' token

Hello, the following is generating a error at the line "tmprintf(&tmBundle, _TMC("{0}"),Prompt);"... a bit lost as I am diving into this debug... Thank you in advance... int H_YesNo(TMCHAR *Prompt, int DefVal) { TMCHAR YesNo = '\0'; tmprintf(&tmBundle, _TMC("{0}"),Prompt); while... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reelflytime
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error near un expected token =~

Hello. Please help with this code. Returns an error message "syntax error near unexpected token =~. Conditional binary operator expected. if " ]] || " ]] then echo "Enter only valid numbers" fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pauline mugisha
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

'unexpected token' error using FIND in script to delete old files

Hi, I am compete linux noob, but have managed to setup my Thecus N5500 to rsync to my N5200Pro to do automatic backups each night. The rsync script also moves any files deleted from the N5500 (and previously backed up to the N5200) to a _deleted folder on the N5200 so I can keep them for 30... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpalmer68
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected Token Error `;;'

Hello all, Im having an Issue with my script for switch statement , can someone let me know where do i need to correct it. 7 ##******************************************************************************************************* 8 ## ********** FUNCTION USAGE *********** ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot execute/finish script because of last line syntax error: unexpected end of file/token `done'

first of all I thought the argument DONE is necessary for all scripts that have or begin with do statements which I have on my script, However, I still don't completely understand why I am receiving an error I tried adding another done argument statement but didn't do any good. I appreciate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token '('

I tried to execute the code but I got this error ./Array.c: line 9: syntax error near unexpected token '(' ./Array.c: line 9: ' nvals = get_data(a,MAXARRAY);' and #include<stdio.h> #define MAXARRAY 1000 main() { int a, nvals; nvals =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgradywhite
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error near unexpected token

Hi all, I have a simple script that doesn't work somehow. I can't seem to be spotting the cause of the malfunction. count=$((1)) for item in `cat test1.txt` printf %s `sed -n $((count))p test2.txt` > test3.txt count=$((count+1)) do something done I get ; ./why.sh: line 3:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: y33t
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Syntax error near unexpected token 'do'

Hello all, Please i have this command i used to zip different files in differents directory, but i have an error. Note that when i run the command in one directory it works fine. /X5/WORK/BGH/INV/REG/pdf/SEND/BGH12523/1/*.fo /X5/WORK/BGH/INV/REG/pdf/SEND/BGH24523/1/*.fo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillesi
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Getting this error syntax error near unexpected token `)'

Hi Everyone, my script was running Ok, but suddenly it started giving this error. ./update_env_bi.sh: line 54: syntax error near unexpected token `)' ./update_env_bi.sh: line 54: `sed -i "s/PORT=*1/PORT=$2/" repository.xml' The line 54 has this code. sed -i "s/PORT=*1/PORT=$2/"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shajay12
2 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)