Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: WiFi
Special Forums IP Networking WiFi Post 302085079 by tayyabq8 on Tuesday 15th of August 2006 02:27:11 AM
Old 08-15-2006
I think by router he means access-point.

I found this article:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...02april08.mspx

Sounds interesting, I'll try it also for 2 WinXP hosts, have no idea about FreeBSD and XP wifi connection.

Regards,
Tayyab

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

WiFi Help through shell

So as a graduation gift (:D) I was given a laptop... But not just a laptop a OLPC (laptop.org) and I'm trying to access my local LAN but because of security issues and compatibility issues I opted to drop the wpa and wep for a hidden SSID (I monitor it closely and change the SSID regularly). So... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: VRoemer
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wifi in linux problem

hi, i'm really new at this. i recently installed ubuntu on my machine and have that and vista installed now. but in ubuntu i cant connect wirelessly to the internet. i'm not using a wifi card the wifi is built into the laptop. can anybody help me configure ubuntu to use the wifi. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naner9
4 Replies

3. Linux

How to install or configure my WiFi?

Hi every body i m new using mandriva 2009 spring linux and i need to cofigure my wifi i have nexx card 54M 8085 it drivers in windows say realtec (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaa1
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to WiFi using Netgear

hi i am pradeep.i am new to linux and i am facing problem connecting to net i am using ubunto 9.0.4 and my network connections are showing signals but i coudnt connect to internet my proxy setting are correct i used idea net setter also and i faced the same problem.if some one can help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chauda
2 Replies

5. Solaris

WiFi on Solaris x86

Hi All, what's the fastest/easiest way to configure my newly installed Solaris 10 to get onto my existing WiFi connection? Where is the config to add this on? (I'm hoping I do not need to download anything) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 11 and wifi?

I'm running the 64bit Solaris 11 liveCD and I am having problems with my wifi adapter. It appears to be recognized by the system, but does not show up with dladm, ifconfig, or under the graphical network management icon. I can see my device listed under the driver program on the desktop as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bsdforme
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

wifi issues

Having Issues with wifi in BlackBuntu on my Asus U52F-BBG6 it doesn't see any wifi networks in my neighborhood even though I know they are there. I can connect on my BackTrack 5 R1 side but not on my BlackBuntu side. I have the same network manager Wicd on both my backtrack and blackbuntu but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stephen45ss
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Wifi Could Not Connect

Hi, I already install bcwl kernel. I can see list of wifi AP. When i try connect, i said wrong password. When i test on windows, can connect. What i miss? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 How to connect to wifi?

So, I've decided to install Solaris (I like to try new things). Used many flavors of Linux over the past several years, and it seems there's more involved in getting Solaris working. I am a total newb to Solaris, so forgive me if I get some terminologies incorrect. I have searched quite a bit,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgraves
2 Replies
ipkungfu(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       ipkungfu(8)

NAME
ipkungfu - An iptables-based firewall for Linux SYNOPSIS
ipkungfu [ -c ] [ -t ] [ -d ] [ -h ] [ -v ] [ --quiet ] [ --panic ] [ --no-caching DESCRIPTION
ipkungfu is an iptables-based Linux firewall. The primary design goals are security, ease of use, and performance, in that order. It takes advantage of advanced features of iptables, tcpwrappers, and the Linux kernel. It also simplifies the configuration of internet connection sharing, advanced routing, and other networking needs. OPTIONS
-c (or --check) Check whether ipkungfu is loaded, and report any command line options it may have been loaded with. -t (or --test) Runs a configuration test, and displays the results. Note that this does not test or display all configuration options. This gives you an opportunity to verify that major configuration options are correct before putting them into action. -d (or --disable) Disables the firewall. It is important to know exactly what this option does. All traffic is allowed in and out, and in the case of a gateway, all NATed traffic is forwarded (the option retains your connection sharing options). Custom rules are not implemented, and deny_hosts.conf is ignored. -f (or --flush) Disables the firewall COMPLETELY. All rules are flushed, all chains are removed. Any port forwarding or internet connection sharing will cease to work. -h (or --help) Displays brief usage information and exits. -v (or --version) Displays version information and exits. --quiet Runs ipkungfu with no standard output --panic Drops ALL traffic in all directions on all network interfaces. You should probably never use this option. The --panic option is available for the highly unusual situation where you know that an attack is underway but you know of no other way to stop it. --failsafe If ipkungfu fails, --failsafe will cause all firewall policies to revert to ACCEPT. This is useful when working with ipkungfu remotely, to prevent loss of remote access due to firewall failure. --no-caching Disables rules caching feature. FILES
/etc/ipkungfu/ipkungfu.conf /etc/ipkungfu/advanced.conf /etc/ipkungfu/accept_hosts.conf /etc/ipkungfu/deny_hosts.conf /etc/ipkungfu/custom.conf /etc/ipkungfu/log.conf /etc/ipkungfu/redirect.conf /etc/ipkungfu/services.conf /usr/sbin/ipkungfu /usr/share/doc/ipkungfu/AUTHORS /usr/share/doc/ipkungfu/README /usr/share/doc/ipkungfu/FAQ /usr/share/doc/ipkungfu/ChangeLog /usr/share/doc/ipkungfu/COPYING SEE ALSO
iptables(8). January 2003 ipkungfu(8)