Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Web hosting security
Special Forums Cybersecurity Web hosting security Post 302085056 by ahtat99 on Monday 14th of August 2006 10:22:08 PM
Old 08-14-2006
Did you try to run some scripts for "nobody" to set the uid or setting rights by using grep and chown or chmod?

For example, assuming that you are the admin, so you should have the rights to "read, write, execute" to a user folders. You should also try to have a scripts to set user to have read only when they go to other user's folders.

This is just a starter. Your description is pretty brief, unless you want something more specific, then post it here and we can discuss about it.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web page hosting

I built my website based on Dreamweaver, on Windows platform. My server uses Unix, and the page doesn't look too good. Is there any way to solve this problem without too much of a headache? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PCL
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Web hosting security question

Hi, Recently my has been hacked. A .pl script has been uploaded in the root of the directory, which uploaded lot of unwanted files and changed their file permission to 777. I have no clue how did they upload that .pl file in my hosting. Website is in shared hosting. Could they access my web... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: agriz
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ldap connection after hosting on Web Server

Hi.. I have very limited knowledge on LDAP and its configuration and but I have been trying to figure out one issue that takes place when I am running the program that is written in php, but so far its unsuccessful. The server, I am working on is ldap server, which is running on Apache. After... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GomathiUoM
1 Replies
GUPNP_CONTEXT_HOST_PATH(3)						 1						GUPNP_CONTEXT_HOST_PATH(3)

gupnp_context_host_path - Start hosting

SYNOPSIS
bool gupnp_context_host_path (resource $context, string $local_path, string $server_path) DESCRIPTION
Start hosting $local_path at $server_path. Files with the path $local_path.LOCALE (if they exist) will be served up when LOCALE is speci- fied in the request's Accept-Language header. PARAMETERS
o $context - A context identifier, returned by gupnp_context_new(3). o $local_path - Path to the local file or folder to be hosted. o $server_path - Web server path where $local_path should be hosted. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Create new UPnP context and set host path <?php /* Create the UPnP context */ $context = gupnp_context_new(); if (!$context) { die("Error creating the GUPnP context "); } /* Host current directory */ gupnp_context_host_path($context, "./web", ""); ?> SEE ALSO
gupnp_context_new(3), gupnp_context_unhost_path(3). PHP Documentation Group GUPNP_CONTEXT_HOST_PATH(3)