Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Substring function in UNIX shell script Post 302084701 by matrixmadhan on Saturday 12th of August 2006 11:28:12 AM
Old 08-12-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranj@chn
Pipe the find to this and see..
Code:
awk -F'/' '{print $5}'

am afraid how this would work for all the input,

as the field to be extracted is not the 5th field always... Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring in C shell script?

i am a new user of C-shell script. I want to know can i create a substring in a string. That means when i got a variable $input = "it is number 2" I want to get the "2" to be another variable. Can i do that in C-shell and how to ? Thank you so much dinodash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinodash
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring function in UNIX shell script

Hi All, Following is the output of a find commnd to locate log directories for various projects of UNIX AIX box: /home/hbinz6pf/projectlibs/dpr_pfsdw_dev/&PH& /opt/tools/ds/Template/&PH& /data/ds/ms/hmsdw/projectlibs/dpr_ms_dev/&PH& /data/ds/riskmi/projectlibs/dpr_riskmi_dev/&PH&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csrazdan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substring in Shell Script

Hi I'm new to Shell scripting. Someone please help me in extracting a portion of string from a file. Eg: I got a file like, Readme.txt and has the following name value pairs input1 : /homes/input1/ input2 : /homes/input2/ ... ... When I give the parameter input1, the value... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartbuddy
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring in shell script

I need a help in getting substring of each line in input file. I am writing a script that will read a file from a directory on daily basis, I mean everyday a new file will be stored in this directory, it will replace old file. I have to read contents of this file, the contents will be as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotib
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using substring in shell script

This is the data I am having in a file Just for sample I have given 3 records. The file which I am having consists of n number of records. ABC123 10 01/02/2008 2008-01-03-00.00.00.000000 DYUU 22 02/03/2008 2008-01-04-00.00.00.000000 RF33 88 03/05/2008 2008-01-05-00.00.00.000000 ... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
24 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to do String manipulations using Substring function in Shell

Hi, I have a scenario to just plug out the file name from the following location path. /opt/project/data/int/holdFiles/csv195687.csv So, how do I get just file name which is "csv195687.csv" from the above line using awk/shell scripting? Can we use indexOf and Substring in awk to get... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilvvnn
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with Korn Shell script for substring printing

Hi all, I am new to scripting. I have a file with colon separated values called mylist.txt cat mylist.txt 192.123.76.89:lmprod89 162.122.20.28:lmtstserver28 10.80.32.139:hewprod139 . . using our internal os utility (called mvsping) we need to check all these servers if they are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring check in IF condition in shell script

I want to check if the string has the substring in IF condition then process... i tried below but not working if ]; then ............. field can be "reserved1" ....reservedn / fillspaces1 ... fillspacesn (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell Extract substring

Hi all, Please, i'd like to extract string just before '.fr'. Here is some lines of my file: g-82.text.text1.fr.worker1 g-xx.yyyyyy.zzzz.fr.worker2 i'd like to extract this text: g-82.text.text1 g-xx.yyyyyy.zzzz Please, which command i have to use in my script shell ? ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
16 Replies

10. Programming

Writing a UNIX shell script to call a C function and redirecting data to a .txt file

Hi, I am complete new to C programming and shell scripting. I just wrote a simple C code to calculate integral using trapezoid rule. I am prompting user to pass me No. of equally spaced points , N , upper and lower limit. My code looks as follows so far: #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjhjh
2 Replies
Template::Manual(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Template::Manual(3pm)

NAME
Template::Manual - Template Toolkit User Manual Template Toolkit Manual The Template Toolkit manual contains documentation on using and extending the Template Toolkit. Template::Manual::Intro The Template::Manual::Intro page provides an introduction to the Template Toolkit Template::Manual::Syntax The Template::Manual::Syntax desribes the syntax and structure of templates and the directive tags embedded within them. Template::Manual::Directives The Template::Manual::Directives page lists all the Template Toolkit directives and gives examples of their use. Template::Manual::Variables The Template::Manual::Variables page describes the use of variables in templates. Template::Manual::VMethods The Template::Manual::VMethods page provides a full list of virtual methods that can be used in conjunction with variables, and gives examples of their use. Template::Manual::Config The Template::Manual::Config page describes all of the Template Toolkit configuration options. Template::Manual::Filters The Template::Manual::Filters page lists all of the Template Toolkit filters and gives examples of their use. Template::Manual::Plugins The Template::Manual::Plugins page lists all of the standard plugins distributed with Template Toolkit and gives examples of their use. Template::Manual::Internals The Template::Manual::Internals page describes the internal workings of the Template Toolkit. It is aimed at developers who wish to extend or modify the Template::Manual::Views The Template::Manual::Views page describes the experimental "VIEW" directive. Template::Manual::Credits The Template::Manual::Credits page lists the people who have contributed to the Template Toolkit. perl v5.14.2 2011-12-20 Template::Manual(3pm)