Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: storage mirroring
Operating Systems Solaris storage mirroring Post 302084569 by RTM on Friday 11th of August 2006 10:30:23 AM
Old 08-11-2006
Quote:
will it create any problem while taking backup.
Probably since the system will be attempting to hit drives that can't be reached (or can be reached intermittently). Backup would probably take longer with numerous errors.

Quote:
is it possible for me to boot my system. bcz i hav last booted my system last 16 days back.
Booting will take some time due to the errors you will get - and WHY boot the server just because it's been up for 16 days? I have Sun servers that have been up for hundreds of days.

LESSECHO(1)						      General Commands Manual						       LESSECHO(1)

NAME
lessecho - expand metacharacters SYNOPSIS
lessecho [-ox] [-cx] [-pn] [-dn] [-mx] [-nn] [-ex] [-a] file ... DESCRIPTION
lessecho is a program that simply echos its arguments on standard output. But any metacharacter in the output is preceded by an "escape" character, which by default is a backslash. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -ex Specifies "x", rather than backslash, to be the escape char for metachars. If x is "-", no escape char is used and arguments con- taining metachars are surrounded by quotes instead. -ox Specifies "x", rather than double-quote, to be the open quote character, which is used if the -e- option is specified. -cx Specifies "x" to be the close quote character. -pn Specifies "n" to be the open quote character, as an integer. -dn Specifies "n" to be the close quote character, as an integer. -mx Specifies "x" to be a metachar. By default, no characters are considered metachars. -nn Specifies "n" to be a metachar, as an integer. -fn Specifies "n" to be the escape char for metachars, as an integer. -a Specifies that all arguments are to be quoted. The default is that only arguments containing metacharacters are quoted SEE ALSO
less(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Thomas Schoepf <schoepf@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Send bug reports or comments to bug-less@gnu.org. Version 458: 04 Apr 2013 LESSECHO(1)