Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network noobie question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Network noobie question Post 302084557 by amro1 on Friday 11th of August 2006 09:57:37 AM
Old 08-11-2006
Here...

Normally you should be able to extract the info from:

ifconfig -a (all the infor regarding current interfaces, including IPs, MAC etc)
netstat -rn (or just -r) for routing tables and default gateway

check out here www.UnixAcademy.com if you have questions of this sort

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network question

Hey, Just need a little help I'm not sure wat I should do. We have several little networks setup for testing different things. One of these networks we need to have running at full dulpex. Right now we run 2 hubs (to go off to 2 differnt parts) and they are half dulpex hubs. Is is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Noobie Needs help with scripting

I've just begun using/studying Unix and I've run into a problem. I'm attempting to write a script that will replace a string within a textfile with another string, backing up the file before editing it. This is what I have so far, but I'm getting a "command not found" error. example input: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vamirr
2 Replies

3. Solaris

New born noobie with an easy question

I was told on a website that unix can help you make one. I was just wondering how and can you help me with a web page of my own. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shintouku
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need help with a noobie shell script.

My applogies. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buttons
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

network question

Hi here is my question; any help would be appreciated The Linux system pokey has two Ethernet cards. The first Ethernet card is connected to a companywide TCP/IP network covering the addresses 87.65.43.xx, where pokey's address is 87.65.43.21. The second Ethernet interface is connected to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scofiled83
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Network question

Folks; I have 2 SUSE servers similar in all configuration & both on the same network (192.168.151.10 & 192.168.151.11) with the same default gateway of 192.168.151.1 and the same netmask of 255.255.255.0 and the same firewall configuration the first one works fine and i can ssh to it & i can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
3 Replies

7. Programming

Noobie in C

Hi to everyone , I am learning C language and I have problem with one example from book #include <stdio.h> int main() { char me; printf(“What is your name?”); scanf(“%s”,&me); printf(“Welcome, %s!\n”,me); return(0); } when I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help while looping simple noobie

hi guys i have linked my lab 15. i have no idea where to start i dont understand whats it asking me. about the screen shot part!.. if someone can take a quick look and help me out with this unix lab that would be great.. i have did the Required Errorlevels Errorlevel #Event Information ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beerpong1
1 Replies

9. Linux

(ASK) Question about linux network...

hi all, im linux nubie n want to ask, 1. how to access the windows pc? if from windows to windows, we can use : start-run-\\192.168.1.1\e$ now, how about from linux (fedora) n want to access to windows drive? if I use ssh from linux to windows, ssh 192.168.6.171 ssh: connect... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: busoh.sensen
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redhat - network question

Hi, I am on Redhat 5. on the /etc/sysconfig/network file I don't see GATEWAY as one line. I also checked /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0. I don't see GATEWAY. But on the server. But when I do netstat -rn. I see many address. Is there some other settings ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies
term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)					 Terminal control					 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::ctrl::unix - Control operations and queries SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::ctrl::unix ?0.1? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
WARNING: This package is unix-specific and depends on the availability of two unix system commands for terminal control, i.e. stty and tput, both of which have to be found in the $PATH. If any of these two commands is missing the loading of the package will fail. The package provides commands to switch the standard input of the current process between raw and cooked input modes, and to query the size of terminals, i.e. the available number of columns and lines. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace ctrl. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. OPERATIONS ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to raw input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are immediately reported to the application instead of waiting in the OS buffer until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to cooked input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are kept in OS buffers for editing until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of columns available for display. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of rows (aka lines) available for display. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, columns, control, cooked, input mode, lines, raw, rows, terminal CATEGORY
Terminal control COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)