Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Transfer FILE from UNIX to WIN2000/XP Post 302084466 by ZINGARO on Friday 11th of August 2006 07:13:22 AM
Old 08-11-2006
Transfer FILE from UNIX to WIN2000/XP

it's possible make a transfer file with a remote command from UNIX SYSTEM to another computer with WIN2000/XP ???

ex.(rsh,ssh ecc.....????)

now i use FTP program or telnet connection but ,i find a solution for execute a transfre file in to shell script UNIX (sh or ksh) from windows system

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

File transfer from unix to NT box?

Is there a method to transfer a file from UNIX (AIX) to an NT box without the NT box having any special software running? I can ping the box via the network and I have a valid NT account to use. Is FTP a viable solution ? HELP! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvacc
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix to winnt file transfer

how to pass files from unix to windows nt?help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasanvs
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix automatic file transfer

Hello, I am a beginner with korn shell scripting. I have got a text file that gets produced every night and I need to transfer it to a windows shared area. Is there any command line script (e.g FTP) that I could use to transfer the file automatically without manual intervention everyday? Any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tagem
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to transfer a file from unix to window machine

I want to ftp some of the unix files to my local PC through unix shell script. I want that script should be run from unix. when i tried by using scp, came to know that connection refused (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

File transfer between unix and windows server

hi all, I have two server(Unix tru64 and windows 2003 server). these server's live running now. The win2003server doesn't have ftp server. Also Unix server doesn't have samba. if both server's have ftp server that no problem. How to transfer file from windows server to unix by every... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

to transfer a file from unix to window

Hello sir/Madam, I m writing in unix prompt folllowing- >ftp <local ip> // my pc ip is 10.64.0.59 Then following message is displayed- "ftp: connect: Connection refused" Please help me to solve this problem. Thanking you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nirmal
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transfer file from unix to windows on same PC

Hi, Do any one know the shell script code to transfer a file from unix to windows on same PC (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX - SCP File Transfer

Hi, How do i know if the files are transferred succesfully when i use SCP to transfer files between 2 servers. One more is i am trying to send all the files in a single shot by using * to save the connection time. So can i know when the scp breakes in the middle scp $sourcepath/*... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
9 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

UNIX to windows XP file transfer

I am using Unix workstation to transfer a .txt file to my other Windows XP desktop using network. can u suggest some idea how to do. i am new to unix . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil17
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies
mkxauth(1x)							Linux User's Manual						       mkxauth(1x)

NAME
mkxauth - create and merge .Xauthority files SYNOPSIS(1) mkxauth [ -q ] [ -u login ] -c [ host [ host ... ] ] (2) mkxauth [ -q ] [ -u login ] -m login(3) mkxauth [ -q ] [ -u login ] -f host(4) mkxauth [ -q ] [ -u login ] -r host [ -l login ] (5) mkxauth [ -q ] [ -u login ] -z host [ -l login ] DESCRIPTION
mkxauth aids in the creation and maintenance of X authentication databases (.Xauthority files). Use it to create a ~/.Xauthority file or merge keys from another local or remote .Xauthority file. Remote .Xauthority files can be retrieved via FTP (using ncftp(1)) or via rsh(1). For a slight measure of security, mkxauth does not create any temporary files containing authentication keys (although anyone spy- ing on network packets can see the authentication key data as they pass through the network; for secure network communications, use ssh(1)). Creating and Adding to a .Xauthority File To create a .Xauthority file, use mkxauth -c (see(1) above). mkxauth creates a .Xauthority file in the user's home directory (~/), con- taining a `key' or `magic cookie' for the host it was run on (the one returned by hostname(1)). If a .Xauthority file already exists, the keys are added to it. If keys for that host already exist, they are replaced. To create or add to a .Xauthority file for another user, use mkxauth -u login -c. mkxauth adds keys to ~login/.Xauthority (only the root user is allowed to do this). To add a key for more than one host, specify all hosts on the command line: mkxauth -c daffy porky bugs. All hosts specified on the same command line receive the same key. To create different keys for multiple hosts, run mkxauth for each host in succession: mkxauth -c daffy mkxauth -c porky mkxauth -c bugs Merging Keys from Local .Xauthority Files To merge keys from another local user's .Xauthority file, use mkxauth -m login (see(2) above). mkxauth adds the keys in ~login/.Xauthor- ity to ~/.Xauthority, replacing any keys which already exist. ~login/.Xauthority must be readable by the user running mkxauth (normally only the root user can read other people's .Xauthority files). Merging Keys via FTP To merge keys from a remote .Xauthority file via FTP, use mkxauth -f host (see(3) above). mkxauth retrieves the remote .Xauthority from host using ncftp(1) and adds those keys to ~/.Xauthority, replacing any keys which already exist. [NOTE: you must have a ~/.netrc file set up to automatically log you into host, otherwise the FTP login attempt will fail.] Merging Keys via rsh(1) To merge keys from remote .Xauthority file via rsh(1), use mkxauth -r host (see(4) above). mkxauth retrieves the remote .Xauthority from host using rsh(1) and adds those keys to ~/.Xauthority, replacing any keys which already exist. To login as a different user, use -l login. [NOTE: you must have a .rhosts file set up properly for this to work, otherwise the remote login attempt will fail]. Merging Keys via rsh(1) and gzip(1) If your remote .Xauthority file is large, or to make it slightly less obvious that you're transferring authentication keys over the net- work, mkxauth can gzip(1) your .Xauthority file before retrieving it via rsh(1). To do this, use mkxauth -z host (see(5) above). mkxauth retrieves the remote .Xauthority from host using rsh(1) and adds those keys to ~/.Xauthority, replacing any keys which already exist. To login as a different user, use -l login. [NOTE: you must have a .rhosts file set up properly for this to work, otherwise the remote login attempt will fail]. Options To make mkxauth operate quietly, use the -q option. To add to ~login/.Xauthority, use the -u login option. To use login for the remote login in mkxauth -f, mkxauth -r, and mkxauth -z, use the -l login option. Getting Help To get quick help about mkxauth, use mkxauth --help. FILES
~/.Xauthority ~/.netrc ~/.rhosts COMMENTS
mkxauth is mostly useful for maintaining .Xauthority files in an environment which uses startx(1x). xdm(1x) uses its own method of gener- ating .Xauthority files. However, mkxauth is still useful for transferring .Xauthority information to remote login sessions so that the user can display remote X clients on the local host without too much trouble. Note, however, that using rsh(1) is inherently insecure, and sites concerned about security should use ssh(1) instead (see http://www.cs.hut.fi/ssh/ for more information). SEE ALSO
X(1x), Xsecurity(1x), gzip(1), mcookie(1), md5sum(1), ncftp(1), rsh(1), startx(1x), xauth(1x), xdm(1x) BUGS
Does not respect the XAUTHORITY environment variable. AUTHOR
Conceived and written by Jim Knoble <jmknoble@redhat.com>. Copyright 1996 by Jim Knoble and Red Hat Software. Distributed under the GNU GPL (General Public License); see ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu/pub/gnu/COPYING for more information. Red Hat Software 12-Dec-1996 mkxauth(1x)