Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Special Characters in directory name Post 302084452 by tez on Friday 11th of August 2006 06:19:08 AM
Old 08-11-2006
Special Characters in directory name

Hi all,

I've got a couple of directorys with special chars in the name:

# ls -q
personnel?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D?[D

unilive_?[B?[H?[L?[F?[L?[L?[Lpwd

I do not know how to get into these directorys to check if anything is their before deleting. Also I do not know ho wto delete these directorys.

Any help would be greatful!

Cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

special characters

I have one file which is named ^? ( the DEL character ) I'd like to know how to rename or copy the file by using its i-node number TYIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nawnaw
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Array with special Characters

Hi, I would write a shell script to execute a series of command. However, if the cmd contains "-" in the array. It fails to do so. I'd tried use ', " or \ but get the same result. Output: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: donaldfung
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove directory that has special Characters

Hi All, I have a script written that creates a new directory within the shell program and if a parameter isn't passed in, it creates a strange directory name by mistake. So I have a directory like "-_12" and I am unable to remove it. I tried removing it using double quote and many others. I have... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: datherriault
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help on vi (special characters) needed

How to add characters (not on the keyboard) with vi to a file? Example: How can I enter the copyright sign (UTF-8-Codetable: 169) with vi? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: desertchannel
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special characters

When I open a file in vi, I see the following characters: \302\240 Can someone explain what these characters mean. Is it ASCII format? I need to trim those characters from a file. I am doing the following: tr -d '\302\240' ---------- Post updated at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sid1982
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to remove a directory or file with special characters in Solaris

I finally figured out how to remove a file or directory with special characters in the name. It's kind of rudimentary so I thought I would share it with everyone: find .inum -exec rm -rf {} \; (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to see special characters?

Hi all, I was wondering how can i see the special characters like \t, \n or anything else in a file by using Nano or any other linux command like less, more etc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

special characters

Hey guys, I'm trying to replace "]Facebook" from the text but sed 's/]Facebook/Johan/g' is not working could you please help me with that? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to replace special characters?

Hi Team, I have data like this. |*|.5|*|0.2|*|A.B|*| Would like to add zero (0) before the decimal point where there is no zero as |*|0.5|*|0.2|*|A.B|*| How to replace |*|. with |*|0. I tried below command which didn't work echo '|*|.5|*|0.2|*|A.B|*' | sed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi.K
4 Replies
sdp_delete_media(3COMMPUTIL)		     Communication Protocol Parser Utilities Library Functions		      sdp_delete_media(3COMMPUTIL)

NAME
sdp_delete_media, sdp_delete_attribute - delete the specified media or attribute from the appropriate list SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag...] file... -lcommputil [ library...] #include <sdp.h> int sdp_delete_media(sdp_media_t **l_media, sdp_media_t *media); int sdp_delete_attribute(sdp_attr_t **l_attr, sdp_attr_t *attr); DESCRIPTION
The sdp_delete_media() function deletes the specified media from the media list. It is similar to deleting a node in a linked list. The function first finds the media that needs to be deleted using sdp_find_media(3COMMPUTIL). The found media is then passed to sdp_delete_media() to delete it. The function frees the memory allocated to media structure after deleting it. The sdp_delete_attribute() function deletes the specified attribute from the attribute list. It is similar to deleting a node in a linked list. The function first finds the attribute that needs to be deleted using sdp_find_media_rtpmap(3COMMPUTIL) or sdp_find_attribute(3COMM- PUTIL). The found attribute is then passed to sdp_delete_attribute() to delete it. The function frees the memory allocated to attribute structure after deleting it. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return 0. Otherwise, the appropriate error value is returned. The value of errno is not changed by these calls in the event of an error. ERRORS
These functions will fail if: EINVAL The mandatory input parameters are not provided or are NULL. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libcommputil(3LIB), sdp_find_attribute(3COMMPUTIL), sdp_find_media(3COMMPUTIL), sdp_find_media_rtpmap(3COMMPUTIL), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 12 Oct 2007 sdp_delete_media(3COMMPUTIL)