Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Why am I getting spaces when there is none??!! Post 302084387 by tmarikle on Thursday 10th of August 2006 06:25:05 PM
Old 08-10-2006
Add SET LINESIZE 1000 to your parameter list. TRIMSPOOL ON will get rid of trailing spaces. Your line is being broken up by the default LINESIZE value.
Code:
{
param_data=`sqlplus -S user/pwd@db << EOF

SET lines 10   ECHO OFF NEWP 0 SPA 0 PAGES 0 FEED OFF HEAD OFF TRIMS ON

VARIABLE param_data VARCHAR2(1000);

WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE ROLLBACK;

SELECT 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\n'
 INTO :param_data
FROM dual;

EXIT;
EOF`
print $param_data
}
xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx

Code:
{
param_data=`sqlplus -S user/pwd@db << EOF

SET lines 1000   ECHO OFF NEWP 0 SPA 0 PAGES 0 FEED OFF HEAD OFF TRIMS ON

VARIABLE param_data VARCHAR2(1000);

WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE ROLLBACK;

SELECT 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\n'
 INTO :param_data
FROM dual;

EXIT;
EOF`
print $param_data
}
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by tmarikle; 08-10-2006 at 07:31 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip leading and trailing spaces only in a shell variable with embedded spaces

I am trying to strip all leading and trailing spaces of a shell variable using either awk or sed or any other utility, however unscuccessful and need your help. echo $SH_VAR | command_line Syntax. The SH_VAR contains embedded spaces which needs to be preserved. I need only for the leading and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LS with spaces

Hi! I'm fairly new to UNIX so don't mention that my question is stupid. I have many problems with spaces in folders and files names. Let's say I have the following files: toto.txt this is toto.txt in /usr/local/this is a test/ Why the following commands works: ls "/usr/local/this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkyoda2
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trimming the spaces

Hi, How can I remove the unwanted spaces in the line. 123456 789 ABC DEF. - I wanna remove the sapces in this line, I need the output 123456789ABCDEF. Pls help me...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to append spaces(say 10 spaces) at the end of each line based on the length of th

Hi, I have a problem where I need to append few spaces(say 10 spaces) for each line in a file whose length is say(100 chars) and others leave as it is. I tried to find the length of each line and then if the length is say 100 chars then tried to write those lines into another file and use a sed... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathima
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Spaces

Hi All, I have a comma seperated file. I wanna remove the spaces from column 2. I mean i don't wanna remove the spaces those are presnt in column 1. ex: emp name, emp no, salary abc k, abc 11, 1000 00 bhk s, bhk 22, 2000 00 the output should be: emp name, emp no, salary abc k, abc11,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeed7
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank spaces, tab spaces from file

Hello All, I am trying to remove all tabspaces and all blankspaces from my file using sed & awk, but not getting proper code. Please help me out. My file is like this (<b> means one blank space, <t> means one tab space)- $ cat file NARESH<b><b><b>KUMAR<t><t>PRADHAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace 2 spaces by one

Dear Friends, I have a flat file from which I want to remove single "space". And, wherever two spaces are provided it should replace it by only one space. E.g. I have N A T I O N A L E D U C A T I O N F O R O R G AN I S A T I ON S I want NATIONAL EDUCATION FOR ORGANISATIONS Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spaces in variables

I'm having a problem with this.... --------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/bash SPKTAG=" | festival --tts" echo "Welcome to my shell program" "$SPKTAG"; --------------------------------------------------- I have a variable call SPKTAG " | festival --tts" and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalviking
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spaces

Input: TCAMPBMG0064X344F4E1 1 47552 85.280 557.600 11300 TCAMPBMG0064X352F8E1 1 61265 85.280 718.400 11463 TCAMPBMG0064X344F4E1 1 47552 85.280 557.600 11300 TCAMPBMG0064X352F8E1 1 61265 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish1222
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid the spaces?

Hi I have a script which runs the isql command and takes the output in a xls file. Is there a way to trim the spaces(leading and trailing) from all the values in the column of the xls sheet? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharma331
6 Replies
GSETTINGS(1)							   User Commands						      GSETTINGS(1)

NAME
gsettings - GSettings configuration tool SYNOPSIS
gsettings get SCHEMA [:PATH] KEY gsettings monitor SCHEMA [:PATH] [KEY] gsettings writable SCHEMA [:PATH] KEY gsettings range SCHEMA [:PATH] KEY gsettings set SCHEMA [:PATH] KEY VALUE gsettings reset SCHEMA [:PATH] KEY gsettings reset-recursively SCHEMA [:PATH] gsettings list-schemas gsettings list-relocatable-schemas gsettings list-keys SCHEMA [:PATH] gsettings list-children SCHEMA [:PATH] gsettings list-recursively [SCHEMA [:PATH]] gsettings help [COMMAND] DESCRIPTION
gsettings offers a simple commandline interface to GSettings. It lets you get, set or monitor an individual key for changes. The SCHEMA and KEY arguments are required for most commands to specify the schema id and the name of the key to operate on. The schema id may optionally have a :PATH suffix. Specifying the path is only needed if the schema does not have a fixed path. When setting a key, you also need specify a VALUE The format for the value is that of a serialized GVariant, so e.g. a string must include explicit quotes: "'foo'". This format is also used when printing out values. COMMANDS
get Gets the value of KEY. The value is printed out as a serialised GVariant. monitor Monitors KEY for changes and prints the changed values. If no KEY is specified, all keys in the schema are monitored. Monitoring will continue until the process is terminated. writable Finds out whether KEY is writable. range Queries the range of valid values for KEY. set Sets the value of KEY to VALUE. The value is specified as a serialised GVariant. reset Resets KEY to its default value. reset-recursively Reset all keys under the given SCHEMA. list-schemas Lists the installed, non-relocatable schemas. See list-relocatable-schemas if you are interested in relocatable schemas. list-relocatable-schemas Lists the installed, relocatable schemas. See list-schemas if you are interested in non-relocatable schemas. list-keys Lists the keys in SCHEMA. list-children Lists the children of SCHEMA. list-recursively Lists keys and values, recursively. If no SCHEMA is given, list keys in all schemas. help Prints help and exits. GIO
GSETTINGS(1)