Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading a table in a shell script Post 302084362 by tmarikle on Thursday 10th of August 2006 04:03:43 PM
Old 08-10-2006
One basic shell construct for doing this is:

Code:
while read COL_1 COL_2 COL_3
do
    <some code using your read variables COL_1, COL_2, COL_3>
done < table.dat

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alter Table Shell Script

I want to add some columns to a existing tables through a shell script. Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect DB2 table using shell script

Hi All, I want to connect two tables in DB2 using shell script and then compare the contents of two tables field by field. Could any one please help me in connecting database tables using Unix and retriving data from the same. Thanks, Durwas (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtidke
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not reading Data from oracle table properly

Hi, I have a case where i am connecting to the oracle DB and reading a column value.... Script is in production...it was running fine,,,but suddenly now some times its started giving pain.... Script runs dailly....but sometimes its reading data from Oracle DB and sometimes its not rading the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagarddd
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncating table from a shell script

I am trying to truncate a table using below script. When I ran the script it runs fine but table was not truncated and the spool is empty. I am not sure what is wrong with pl/sql block. #!/bin/ksh # ---------------------------------------------------------------------- # # Created by: XXXX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunaah
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create DB table through shell script

Hi, Can anyone tell me that, How to create table in Oracle database through shell script(ksh). Table contains 3 fields, 1] Emp ID, String, primary key 2] Name, String 3] B Date, date. Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to query Oracle table

Hi, unix gurnis I need help for following requirement for writing a shell scritp. log in to oracle database, query one table total records (select count(*) from table1), pass the return value to a file. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script for reading table format data from file.

Hi, i need a perl script which reads the file, content is given below. and output in new file. TARGET DRIVE IO1 IO2 IO3 IO4 IO5 ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- 0a.1.8 266 236 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a table from shell

i want to do something like this from shell, for any user without having to enter any passwords i want to store the value in the option_value column into a variable select option_value from `$databasename`.`wp_options` where option_name="template"; what is the command i should use? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Table

Hi, i need a bit help. I must write a script with shell- and sed-commands, which reads a table from stdin and writes a html-table on stdout (so i can open it with a web browser). The number of columns must be a parameter for the script, so i can start it for example with: "./htmltab.sh 3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scruffytramp
3 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with pivoting table shell script

input file txt file 2000 1 name 2000 2 addr 2000 3 phone 2000 4 email 1000 1 name 1000 2 addr 1000 3 phone 1000 4 email 3000 1 name 3000 2 addr 3000 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senmatrix
4 Replies
NDB_DROP_INDEX(1)					       MySQL Database System						 NDB_DROP_INDEX(1)

NAME
ndb_drop_index - drop index from an NDB table SYNOPSIS
ndb_drop_index options DESCRIPTION
ndb_drop_index drops the specified index from an NDB table. It is recommended that you use this utility only as an example for writing NDB API applications--see the Warning later in this section for details. Usage ndb_drop_index -c connect_string table_name index -d db_name The statement shown above drops the index named index from the table in the database. The following table includes options that are specific to ndb_drop_index. Additional descriptions follow the table. For options common to most MySQL Cluster programs (including ndb_drop_index), see Options Common to MySQL Cluster Programs(1). Table 17.18. ndb_drop_index Options and Variables: MySQL Cluster NDB 7.2 +--------------------------+-----------------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |Format | Description | Added / Removed | +--------------------------+-----------------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | | Name of the database in which the | | | --database=dbname, | table is found | All MySQL 5.5 based releases | | | | | | -d | | | +--------------------------+-----------------------------------+-------------------------------------+ Warning Operations performed on Cluster table indexes using the NDB API are not visible to MySQL and make the table unusable by a MySQL server. If you use this program to drop an index, then try to access the table from an SQL node, an error results, as shown here: shell> ./ndb_drop_index -c localhost dogs ix -d ctest1 Dropping index dogs/idx...OK NDBT_ProgramExit: 0 - OK shell> ./mysql -u jon -p ctest1 Enter password: ******* Reading table information for completion of table and column names You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or g. Your MySQL connection id is 7 to server version: 5.5.35-ndb-7.2.15 Type 'help;' or 'h' for help. Type 'c' to clear the buffer. mysql> SHOW TABLES; +------------------+ | Tables_in_ctest1 | +------------------+ | a | | bt1 | | bt2 | | dogs | | employees | | fish | +------------------+ 6 rows in set (0.00 sec) mysql> SELECT * FROM dogs; ERROR 1296 (HY000): Got error 4243 'Index not found' from NDBCLUSTER In such a case, your only option for making the table available to MySQL again is to drop the table and re-create it. You can use either the SQL statementDROP TABLE or the ndb_drop_table utility (see ndb_drop_table(1)) to drop the table. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 NDB_DROP_INDEX(1)