Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Urgent...FTP unable finish download file, hang half way Post 302084216 by foongkt5220 on Thursday 10th of August 2006 12:28:38 AM
Old 08-10-2006
Power Urgent...FTP unable finish download file, hang half way

Hi all,

I have 1 problem in my solaris 8 server. The problem is in every nite that will run a cron job to download file from external ftb server. This crob job starter running find, but after running for 4 minute, that ftp services is hang that, until we need kill this process.

My question here is how can i troubleshooting this problem, or any patch i need install?

Thank you, Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp hang

Im making a script that goes out to about 200 servers and grabs log files daily and need to make sure the script gets all the servers it can even if one is out. I am ftp'ing the files over but if i cant connect to the server the process looks like it dies and the script is finished. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

download specified file from ftp server

Hi all, I'm having problems downloading files from ftp server. I have to download only those files that name starts with YYYYMMDD.But file comes like the format "20080624221035.TXT".Also how i can get list of all file names with in specified folder. Here i paste my code ftp -vn... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaskarbasak
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to download X bytes from a file using ftp or http?

Hi, I have a simple ftp shell script which can download the entire file, however I want to know if there is anyway that I can download only the partial content, say X bytes from a file. If so, how I can do it using ftp and http.. Here is my sample script #!/bin/sh HOST='xyz.com' ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learn more
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about how to ftp download the latest file from a directory

Dear all, Hope you are doing well. I am in trouble to write a shell for ftp downloading the latest file from remote server. Situation: There is a directory named 'weekly' which contains .csv files with the following pattern: RES_EN_100417-080003.csv.Z. The new file is generated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kel1014
3 Replies

5. AIX

Need Help Urgent AIX Hang

hello all, I'm newbie on AIX. Can any one tell why this happen ? I have expectation this error came because paging memory. This is my error : ( I cann;t read this log and need your help) --------------------------------------------------------------------------- LABEL: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fandikurnia
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to wait for tar to finish before sending the archive through ftp?

Hey all, I want to automate tarring a directory then using ftp to transfer the files over. I was able to put the commands together but what I'm noticing is that only the very first file is being tarred and then transferred. tar cvpf new.backup sourceAbove is the command I'm using which works... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to rename file in ftp server .Net:FTP perl

Hello All, I am trying to connect to ftp server and get the files. Also i need to rename the file in other ftp dir. rename method is not allowing me to rename the file in other dir. When i tried copy command by using net::FTP:FILE then perl says it is not installed. Can some body help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP File download

Hi, I have few files at FTP location and have written a script to download the same from ftp based on the sysdate - 1, however with the below code I am unable to download the files from FTP. x=`TZ=CST+24 date +%Y%m%d` mget Daily_BIH_$x_NEW.tar.gz can anyone please help me in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramkrishnas
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wanted to download the yesterday's file through FTP

Hello, Wanted to download the yesturday's or current date-1 file through shell script Mode: FTP OS: AIX if today is 13th May then file would be available as below. File Pattern:201401148682_daily_2014-05-12.txt.zip Help.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to Download File from FTP

Hi, I am trying to download files from FTP using below FTP code. x=$(TZ=CST date +%Y%m%d) host='xxx.xx.xxx.xxx' user='userX' pass='Password' echo "Connecting to FTP Host -- $host....." echo $x a=$(ftp -v -n -i << ! open $host user "$user" $pass cd /rose/yellow/ mget... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramkrishnas
6 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)