Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Clone disk for Sun Blade 2000 Post 302084137 by rioria on Wednesday 9th of August 2006 10:29:30 AM
Old 08-09-2006
Question Clone disk for Sun Blade 2000

Hai ......... my name Rio,
I want to clone my harddisk at Sun Balade 2000 server with Solaris 8 OS, my question is :
a. what kind method for making backup or clonning disk ?
b. what method more easier , quick but still reliable ?
c. how to proceed it ?

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Benchmarks

Sun Blade 2000 UltraSparc III Solaris 8

Sun Blade 2000 UltraSparc III Solaris 8 Notes: prtdiag: System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000 (UltraSPARC-III+) System clock frequency: 150 MHZ Memory size: 3GB ==================================== CPUs ==================================== ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnorth
0 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How do I clone Solaris 7 disk

could anyone give me a general idea of how i may clone a 2 Gig disk running Solaris 7 on it to another disk of the same size? currently, this system only has one disk in it though. i do have the ability to hook up another disk via SCSI. i have been told i need to boot to "miniroot" to run... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: obosha
9 Replies

3. Solaris

sun Blade 2000 and XVR100

hello, I have SunBlade 2000 with XVR-1000 graphics card. Xserver won't loaded. I've reinstalled OS 9 ( loaded Driver) nor 10 still won't do it. Anyone has this problem or have any ideas whats' wrong, greatly appreciated!! thanks in adv. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anphdula
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

clone disk

Disk cloning I had an external SCSI master disk that I used to clone to an identical external SCSI disk because the other SCSI disk would become corrupted. My original Master became corrupted so I used one of the other to good disk to copy back to the master. Unfortunately the new master needs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stamperr
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Blade 100 Disk Compatibility

It's me again, I was taking my Sun Blade 100 apart last night to see what kind of drive I have. It is a Seagate ST320011A Barracuda ATA IV 20 GB 7200 RPM Ultra ATA/100 IDE. Now 20 gig ain't all that big anymore and I got to thinking about putting a couple bigger drives in there. although I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrewDudeBob
7 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Mounting a disk clone

I wasn't sure where to put this thread but since i use ubuntu for data recovery, I figured this is the best place. So, a friend passed me a 250G Western Digital hard disk the other day and said that his client needs to get her pictures off it. the problem: windows says it wants to reformat the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: old noob
13 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Blade 150 not a Sun?

I have recently re-installed Solaris 10 on a Sun Blade 150 followed by a patch set (10_Recommended) dated 2011.12.05. I have just noticed /bin/sun now returns false, rather than true. See below. $ uname -a SunOS myblade1 5.10 Generic_147440-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100 $ /bin/sparc &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apmcd47
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SUN BLADE T6340 - which OS ?

Hi, I have server SUN BLADE T6340 and i tried install debian sparc on this machine. Will it work ? In the specification is written only Solaris 10. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PtaQ
4 Replies

9. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies
URIO(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   URIO(4)

NAME
urio -- USB driver for the Rio MP3 players SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device urio Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): urio_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The urio driver provides support for Rio MP3 players from Diamond MultiMedia which attaches to the USB port. The urio device must be config- ured in the kernel, along with usb and one of the uhci or ohci controllers. Subsequently, the /dev/urio0 device can be used by the Rio userland applications. HARDWARE
The following devices are supported by the urio driver: o Diamond MultiMedia Rio 500 o Diamond MultiMedia Rio 600 o Diamond MultiMedia Rio 800 FILES
/dev/urio0 blocking device node EXAMPLES
The following line in the kernel configuration file adds the urio driver to the kernel: device urio To download a song over the USB connection into the Rio using the rio_add_song(1) utility (see the SEE ALSO section): rio_add_song /usr/local/MP3/TracyChapman/02-Fast-Car.mp3 SEE ALSO
ohci(4), uhci(4), usb(4) The Rio 500 SourceForge Project Web Page, http://rio500.sourceforge.net/. The Rio500 tools from SourceForge are the actual userland tools used to download, format or rename songs on players. When compiling these tools, the following pre-build configuration command will ensure that rio_usb.h is available in the include path and that the device used is /dev/urio0: CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/dev/usb" ./configure --with-devicepath='/dev' --with-deviceentry='urio0' AUTHORS
The urio driver was written by Iwasa Kazmi <kzmi@ca2.so-net.ne.jp> for FreeBSD. This manual page was written by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>. BSD
November 22, 2006 BSD