Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux MySQL server connetction problem Post 302083913 by Corona688 on Tuesday 8th of August 2006 10:43:20 AM
Old 08-08-2006
Do not post email addresses in a question, it is against the rules. The solutions here are supposed to help everybody. No, you may not harass me on MSN.

You edit my.cnf by... editing my.cnf. It's a text file, that you edit using a text editor, like vi or nano. The file may be placed under /etc/my.cnf, /etc/mysql/my.cnf, or something like that; it can vary from distribution to distribution. After you edit the configuration file, you restart the mysql server with something like
Code:
/etc/init.d/mysqld restart

The exact command may vary from distribution to distribution.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MySQL problem >> missing mysql.sock

MySQL on my server is down.... I figured out that the mysqld process isn't running. When I try to run it, it says it can't find mysql.sock Any suggestions? Here's what I can't do: can't be root don't have physical access (do stuff via SSH) reinstall MySQL (need to keep the current MySQL... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysql problem

No help guys??? :( Hi guys, i've got a question here... my intention is to write a script that would access a mysql db and extract some info and paste it into a file... so the first move would be, to access the mysql interface right? hence... #! /usr/bin/ksh echo "Job Begin: " `date` ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 12yearold
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to connect MYSQL server from HP-UX

Hi everyone, I have an urgent requirement to get some table data from Linux-MYSQL server from HP-UX with oracle database.Is there any way we can get connected through Shell script from HP-UX and issue select on mysql to get some table data? Please help me out. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashik786
7 Replies

4. Web Development

MySQL Server Crashing need Help

Hi, we have some problem with mysql high cpu , would like some help with MySQL Tuning here are the mysqltuner & tuning-primer details mysqltuner: # mysqltuner >> MySQLTuner 1.1.1 - Major Hayden <major@mhtx.net> >> Run with '--help' for additional options and output filtering --------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cataplexy
1 Replies

5. Linux

mysql server start issue

Hi, I have installed mysql in linux box as mysql-5.0.77-4.el5_6.6.. I would like to start the server. But there is no mysql file in this location /etc/init.d/ Please advice how to start the server now !! Thnaks, Mani (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
5 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

New centos dedicated server - cant get mysql working

Hi all, I installed centos 5, with LAMP. httpd is working fine, ssh, ftp all working ok. But, when I try to use mysql its not, when I give the command mysql I get ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawstudent
4 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL optimization or why the server is worsened

Hello Please advise me how can I optimize my MySQL server. Or advise which way to look. Maybe someone had similar problems? Over the past two weeks the MySQL server dropped 2 times. I began searching for ways to optimize the server. Overall the picture like that: There is a separate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergibondarenko
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Mysql for HP-UX server

Gd evening I am trying to run my website made in php-mysql on a HP-UX system but dont know how to install and run services of Mysql. Kindly provide appropriate solution. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumar.ashishcs
1 Replies
Apache::Session::Lock::MySQL(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Apache::Session::Lock::MySQL(3pm)

NAME
Apache::Session::Lock::MySQL - Provides mutual exclusion using MySQL SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Lock::MySQL; my $locker = Apache::Session::Lock::MySQL->new(); $locker->acquire_read_lock($ref); $locker->acquire_write_lock($ref); $locker->release_read_lock($ref); $locker->release_write_lock($ref); $locker->release_all_locks($ref); DESCRIPTION
Apache::Session::Lock::MySQL fulfills the locking interface of Apache::Session. Mutual exclusion is achieved through the use of MySQL's GET_LOCK and RELEASE_LOCK functions. MySQL does not support the notion of read and write locks, so this module only supports exclusive locks. When you request a shared read lock, it is instead promoted to an exclusive write lock. CONFIGURATION
The module must know how to connect to your MySQL database to acquire locks. You must provide a datasource name, a user name, and a password. These options are passed in the usual Apache::Session style, and are very similar to the options for Apache::Session::Store::MySQL. Example: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::MySQL', $id, { LockDataSource => 'dbi:mysql:database', LockUserName => 'database_user', LockPassword => 'K00l' }; Instead, you may pass in an already opened DBI handle to your database. tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::MySQL', $id, { LockHandle => $dbh }; AUTHOR
This module was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org>. SEE ALSO
Apache::Session perl v5.10.1 2010-10-18 Apache::Session::Lock::MySQL(3pm)