Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Parse Text file and send mails Post 302083831 by Dhruva on Tuesday 8th of August 2006 04:37:22 AM
Old 08-08-2006
are these files exist in the same machine from where you are running this script or exist on remote machine?

the file in which email id and file names are separated by comma (,) or some other delimiter?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to redirect all mails to text file?

Hi, I need to develop one application that reads all my mails (in unix mail box), and write into one txt file, My server is AIX .My mails are in AIX mail box. Any idea? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
0 Replies

2. Debian

cannot send any mails using mailx

hi howto configure mailx ? kind regards ccc (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
11 Replies

3. AIX

Not able to send mails

Hi, I am not able to send mails to the recipents. I am using AIX 5.3 Version and using the below command. cat test.log|mail -s "TestMail" user1@mail.com Can you please tell me is there any configurations to be done or is the above command wrong? Thanks & Regards Sheshadri (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsheshadri
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse the file and send email

Hi Experts, I am writing a script in which i want to parse the file and send the emails to some email-id's. The problem is like this-- I use to get some emails on saturday and sunday's but we do not work on these days. So what i want to do is forward those emails to some email id's. I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file with in UNIX and send multiple mails

Hi-I want to create a shell script which should read a file line by line (file having email address and transaction id of each user)and send email on email ids with the transaction id of the user respectively. Please help - I think a while loop should help but I am very new too UNIX Shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeepSalwan
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

not able to send mails from linux

I am using centOS 5.3 as server, and i hav installed sendmail-8.13.8-2.el5.i386. But still, m not able to send mails to outer domain. Do i need to configure DNS for this? PLease suggest a step by step guide, if u hav, for the concern, as i m new to linux and sendmail as well.. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oracle.test2
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parse text file values and send those files as an attachment

We have these files in say \home\abcd\dm Summary.txt log_SI-100.lst log_SI-101.lst log_SI-106.lst The contents of Summary.txt is as below ./log_SI-100.lst:Error detected, rollbacking ./log_SI-101.lst:Error detected, rollbacking ./log_SI-106.lst:Error detected, rollbacking Now i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: depakjan
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shell script to send separate mails to different users from a text file

Hi Friends, Could you guys help me out of this problem... I need to send an email to all the users and the email has to be picked from the text file. text file contains the no. of records like: Code: giridhar 224285 847333 giridhar276@gmail.com ramana 84849 33884... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Receive Mails

Hi All, I am writing one script to automate one long process. In this process we need to upload some input files and download some output files. So , I want to automate this upload and download by using mail functionality. I want to trigger this script when I am sending mail to server. I know... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NirajThakar
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Postfix - Send mails to specific domains only

Hello, I am working on postfix server on CentOS 5.8 which will be send mails to a specific domain only. All the things are nearly finished but i am not getting how to setup the postfix to send mails to specific domains. Please help me out. Thanks, Sunny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
2 Replies
DEBRSIGN(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DEBRSIGN(1)

NAME
debrsign - remotely sign a Debian changes and dsc file pair using SSH SYNOPSIS
debrsign [options] [user@]remotehost [changes-file|dsc-file] DESCRIPTION
debrsign takes either an unsigned .dsc file or an unsigned .changes file and the associated unsigned .dsc file (found by replacing the architecture name and .changes by .dsc) if it appears in the .changes file and signs them by copying them to the remote machine using ssh(1) and remotely running debsign(1) on that machine. All options not listed below are passed to the debsign program on the remote machine. If a .changes or .dsc file is specified, it is signed, otherwise, debian/changelog is parsed to determine the name of the .changes file to look for in the parent directory. This utility is useful if a developer must build a package on one machine where it is unsafe to sign it; they need then only transfer the small .dsc and .changes files to a safe machine and then use the debsign program to sign them before transferring them back. This program automates this process. To do it the other way round, that is to connect to an unsafe machine to download the .dsc and .changes files, to sign them locally and then to transfer them back, see the debsign(1) program, which can do this task. OPTIONS
-S Look for a source-only .changes file instead of a binary-build changes file. -adebian-architecture, -tGNU-system-type See dpkg-architecture(1) for a description of these options. They affect the search for the .changes file. They are provided to mimic the behaviour of dpkg-buildpackage when determining the name of the .changes file. --multi Multiarch changes mode: This signifies that debrsign should use the most recent file with the name pattern package_ver- sion_*+*.changes as the changes file, allowing for the changes files produced by dpkg-cross. --path remote-path Specify a path to the GPG binary on the remote host. --help, --version Show help message and version information respectively. Other options All other options are passed on to debsign on the remote machine. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The two configuration files /etc/devscripts.conf and ~/.devscripts are sourced in that order to set configuration variables. Command line options can be used to override configuration file settings. Environment variable settings are ignored for this purpose. The currently recognised variables are: DEBRSIGN_PGP_PATH Equivalent to passing --path on the command line (see above.) SEE ALSO
debsign(1), dpkg-architecture(1) and ssh(1). AUTHOR
This program was written by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org> and is copyright under the GPL, version 2 or later. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities DEBRSIGN(1)