Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What do you think about this? Post 302083622 by blowtorch on Monday 7th of August 2006 08:42:18 AM
Old 08-07-2006
What do you think about this?

Check this site out... if you haven't already, that is.
What they say sound like well reasoned arguments, but I don't agree with them (that may be due to the way I (we?) have been brought up, I don't know).

What do you guys think?

GLTRON(6)							   Games Manual 							 GLTRON(6)

NAME
gltron - a tron-like 3D lightcycle game SYNOPSIS
gltron [[-FftwbghcCsk1234simo] DESCRIPTION
glTron is a tron-like lightcycle game with a nice 3D perspective 3D acceleration is recommended. More information can be found at the gltron web site http://www.gltron.org/ PROBLEMS
If the game refuses to start up, check your hardware settings and that the necessary libraries are installed. If the options are messed up, remove ~/.gltronrc and try again. Anything else check TODO, known bugs on the website, and lastly ask in #gltron on irc.freenode.net. OPTIONS
Valid command line options: -O enable software optimizations, useful if your card doesn't have OpenGL acceleration. For best results combine with -t and -1. -f fast finish after human has crashed -F don't display FPS counter -t don't display floor texture, use lines instead (huge speed gain) -w don't display walls (speed gain) -x don't show crash texture (speed gain) -g don't show glows (small speed gain) -c don't show ai status -C show ai status (default: on) -1 set resolution to 320x240 -2 set resolution to 640x480 (default) -3 set resolution to 800x600 -4 set resolution to 1024x768 -s don't play sound -h help AUTHOR
Updated with PROBLEMS section by Countersync <countersync@hotmail.com> before submission to upstream source. This manual page was written by Jeronimo Pellegrini <pellegrini@mpcnet.com.br>, based on the information in the package by Raphael Bossek, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 2001-06-10 GLTRON(6)