Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: execute a command in remote
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers execute a command in remote Post 302083121 by ZINGARO on Friday 4th of August 2006 07:09:06 AM
Old 08-04-2006
execute a command in remote

how exec a command (ex. a cut or grep ) in anoter pc

i have IP address, login and password. (another account of unix system)

what's the sintax of command ???

es. my ip is 192.xx.xx.xx i make a exec of "ls" redirect in outpu file (> "file) in another pc ( ip 192.44.55.2xxx)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about how to execute command on the Sorias from the remote.

Hi, all please help me this time@@! I want to execute the shell on the server from the remote. How can I do that and save the return code in the variable? I want to execute the script on the ten servers at the same time... I'd like to find a fast method to solve it! Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute command from terminal on remote machine

Hi All, I want to execute some commands on unix machine from the mac machne. I have two options for doing so, I am confused which is the best way of doing. Here are two options. Requirement: Execute command on the remote server machine. Commands to be executed itself contain arguments to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ranu
0 Replies

3. SCO

Execute command in remote

Hi, How to execute unix commands in remote unix servers? Thanks, Pintu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pintupatro
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute remote ssh command - Perl and CGI

Hi, I am having nightmare issue-ing remote ssh command from a CGI perl script. It just won't run on debug message: It says permission denied. Can I even do this? as the apache server running under DAEMON account probably can't execute it? Is this the case of what's going on? Here is my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to execute a remote file with local command

Hello, I know this is somewhat strange, but please let me know if possible. I want to execute a program file in the remote machine with command on the local machine. Let me make things more clear. Suppose I have a cc on my local system and do not have that on the remote system. I want to use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veera_Raghav
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh to remote host and execute command

Hi, could anyone please tell me how to ssh to remote host foo and execute command on it and print the result on local host? Thanks, Paresh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: masaniparesh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH execute remote command (with jump)

Hi all, I am facing the following issue: Host A should execute a remote command (say pwd) on host B2. B2 is not directly reacheable but you have to connect from a to B1, then from B1 you can execute the command ssh user@B2 pwd. B1 and B2 are directly connected: A => B1 => B2 | ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Evan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute command in remote server without entering password?

Hi, i want to run the command in remote server through ssh and every time when i run the script its asking to enter the password. I dnt want to enter the password, when i enter the ip address and directly the command shuld execute. Script: #!/bin/bash echo "Enter Server IP Address:" read... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bapu1981
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute command on remote host via ssh

How should i make the following code working #!/bin/bash INPUTFILE="test.txt" while read STRING; do IP=`host -t A $STRING | awk '{print $NF}'` HOSTNAME=`ssh -oPasswordAuthentication=no -oStrictHostKeyChecking=no $IP "hostname"` echo $HOSTNAME > out.txt done < $INPUTFILE At this moment while... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
NETRC(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							  NETRC(5)

NAME
netrc -- user configuration for ftp SYNOPSIS
~/.netrc DESCRIPTION
This file contains configuration and autologin information for the File Transfer Protocol client ftp(1). The .netrc file contains login and initialization information used by the auto-login process. It resides in the user's home directory. The following tokens are recognized; they may be separated by spaces, tabs, or new-lines: machine name Identify a remote machine name. The auto-login process searches the .netrc file for a machine token that matches the remote machine specified on the ftp command line or as an open command argument. Once a match is made, the subsequent .netrc tokens are processed, stopping when the end of file is reached or another machine or a default token is encountered. default This is the same as machine name except that default matches any name. There can be only one default token, and it must be after all machine tokens. This is normally used as: default login anonymous password user@site thereby giving the user automatic anonymous ftp login to machines not specified in .netrc. This can be overridden by using the -n flag to disable auto-login. login name Identify a user on the remote machine. If this token is present, the auto-login process will initiate a login using the specified name. password string Supply a password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires a password as part of the login process. Note that if this token is present in the .netrc file for any user other than anonymous, ftp will abort the auto-login process if the .netrc is readable by anyone besides the user. account string Supply an additional account password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires an additional account password, or the auto-login process will initiate an ACCT command if it does not. macdef name Define a macro. This token functions like the ftp macdef command functions. A macro is defined with the specified name; its con- tents begin with the next .netrc line and continue until a null line (consecutive new-line characters) is encountered. If a macro named init is defined, it is automatically executed as the last step in the auto-login process. SEE ALSO
ftp(1), ftpd(8) Linux NetKit (0.17) September 23, 1997 Linux NetKit (0.17)