Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting converting unix date variable to gmt Post 302083032 by nathan on Friday 4th of August 2006 04:01:56 AM
Old 08-04-2006
This should give you more information about it.
Code:
$ man localtime

I'm not sure if there's a standard utility for converting long -> date format.

If you have perl installed, this should do the trick:
Code:
$ cat x.pl
#!/usr/bin/env perl

my ($sec,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year,$wday,$yday,$isdst) = localtime( 1154647335 );
$year+=1900; $mon++;

printf "%02d-%02d-%04d\n" , $mday , $mon , $year;

$ x.pl
03-08-2006

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

a simple way of converting a date in seconds to normal date

Hi all! I'm working on a HPUX system, and I was wondering if there is a simple way to convert a date from seconds (since 1970) to a normal date. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: travian
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting the date format

Hi All, I am new to this forum. Could anyone help me to resolve the following issue. Input of the flat file contains several lines of text for example find below: 5022090,2,4,7154,88,,,,,4/1/2011 0:00,Z,L,2 5022090,3,1,6648,88,,,,,4/1/2011 0:00,Z,,1 5022090,4,1,6648,88,,,,,4/1/2011... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: av_sagar
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed command replace date variable in unix

I need to use a shell script, using sed command how to replace date variable value in following format. 04/18/2012 11:38:55 Because the sed is treating the '/' as a parameter instead of the value of a variable, and hence there is the message as sed: command garbled: s/insert/04/18/2012... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jannusuresh
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get GMT Offset for a specific date?

How can I get GMT offset from EST for a particular date(not current date) in unix. For example, user enters date as: 2012-06-25D11:49:37, this is GMT. I have to calculate GMT offset from EST in unix for this input. Thanks in advance. -Steve (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qwarentine
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a date to friday date and finding Min/Max date

Dear all, I have 2 questions. I have a file with many rows which has date of the format YYYYMMDD. 1. I need to change the date to that weeks friday date(Ex: 20120716(monday) to 20120720). Satuday/Sunday has to be changed to next week friday date too. 2. After converting the date to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2001.arun
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting string date time to unix time in AWK

I'd like to convert a date string in the form of sun aug 19 09:03:10 EDT 2012, to unixtime timestamp using awk. I tried This is how each line of the file looks like, different date and time in this format Sun Aug 19 08:33:45 EDT 2012, user1(108.6.217.236) all: test on the 17th ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkkid
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date variable - 1 in UNIX

Hi, I have a variable which stores a date value in my script. let that be todays_date. This holds a date value which is based on some other calculation not relevant here. I need the value of todays_date-1..ie previous date to this value...is that possible? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddharthmani
12 Replies

8. Solaris

Convert GMT date and time to CST

I need away to convert the following GMT date and time value RAW_TME= 042720171530 "mmddccyyhhmm" to Localhost time. In this case it is in central time. Here is what I came up with but it does not look efficient: RAW_TME=042720171530 logmm=`echo $RAW_TME | cut -c1-2` logdd=`echo $RAW_TME |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting String Date into UNIX Date

Hi, I have a string date to my unix script(sun solaris). I wanted to convert it into unix date so that I can use it in a conditional statement. Please see below: MyTest.sh -s 2018-05-09 suppdt=$1 # string date passed via arguement as 2018-04-09 curryr=`date '+%Y'` nextyr=`expr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
2 Replies
GETDATE(3)								 1								GETDATE(3)

getdate - Get date/time information

SYNOPSIS
array getdate ([int $timestamp = time()]) DESCRIPTION
Returns an associative array containing the date information of the $timestamp, or the current local time if no $timestamp is given. PARAMETERS
o $timestamp - The optional $timestamp parameter is an integer Unix timestamp that defaults to the current local time if a $timestamp is not given. In other words, it defaults to the value of time(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array of information related to the $timestamp. Elements from the returned associative array are as follows: Key elements of the returned associative array +----------+--------------------------------------+---+ | Key | | | | | | | | | Description | | | | | | | | Example returned values | | | | | | +----------+--------------------------------------+---+ | | | | |"seconds" | | | | | | | | | Numeric representation of seconds | | | | | | | | | | | | 0 to 59 | | | | | | | | | | |"minutes" | | | | | | | | | Numeric representation of minutes | | | | | | | | | | | | 0 to 59 | | | | | | | | | | | "hours" | | | | | | | | | Numeric representation of hours | | | | | | | | | | | | 0 to 23 | | | | | | | | | | | "mday" | | | | | | | | | Numeric representation of the day of | | | | the month | | | | | | | | | | | | 1 to 31 | | | | | | | | | | | "wday" | | | | | | | | | Numeric representation of the day of | | | | the week | | | | | | | | | | | | 0 (for Sunday) through 6 (for Satur- | | | | day) | | | | | | | | | | | "mon" | | | | | | | | | Numeric representation of a month | | | | | | | | | | | | 1 through 12 | | | | | | | | | | | "year" | | | | | | | | | A full numeric representation of a | | | | year, 4 digits | | | | | | | | Examples: 1999 or 2003 | | | | | | | | | | | "yday" | | | | | | | | | Numeric representation of the day of | | | | the year | | | | | | | | | | | | 0 through 365 | | | | | | | | | | |"weekday" | | | | | | | | | A full textual representation of the | | | | day of the week | | | | | | | | | | | | Sunday through Saturday | | | | | | | | | | | "month" | | | | | | | | | A full textual representation of a | | | | month, such as January or March | | | | | | | | | | | | January through December | | | | | | | | | | | 0 | | | | | | | | | Seconds since the Unix Epoch, simi- | | | | lar to the values returned by | | | | time(3) and used by date(3). | | | | | | | | System Dependent, typically | | | | -2147483648 through 2147483647. | | | | | | +----------+--------------------------------------+---+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 getdate(3) example <?php $today = getdate(); print_r($today); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Array ( [seconds] => 40 [minutes] => 58 [hours] => 21 [mday] => 17 [wday] => 2 [mon] => 6 [year] => 2003 [yday] => 167 [weekday] => Tuesday [month] => June [0] => 1055901520 ) SEE ALSO
date(3), idate(3), localtime(3), time(3), setlocale(3). PHP Documentation Group GETDATE(3)