Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Z Script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Z Script Post 302082933 by mazda on Thursday 3rd of August 2006 04:44:44 PM
Old 08-03-2006
Script

If anyone can help me with any type of linux script at all I would be greatful.

I have a new linux server box, I need to write a script that when the box recieves a file from a ftp site, it creates a file content file and uploads its to a website. A little like the torrent files work. I.E create a torrent and upload it to site.

Thanks in advance

Mazda

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
TRANSMISSION-CLI(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 				       TRANSMISSION-CLI(1)

NAME
transmission-cli -- a bittorrent client SYNOPSIS
transmission-cli -h transmission-cli [-b | -B] [-d number | -D] [-er | -ep | -et] [-f script] [-g directory] [-h] [-m | -M] [-p port] [-t] [-u number | -U] [-v] [-w directory] torrent-file DESCRIPTION
The transmission-cli program is a lightweight, command-line BitTorrent client with scripting capabilities. The options are as follows: -b --blocklist Enable peer blocklists. Transmission understands the bluetack blocklist file format. New blocklists can be added by copying them into the config-dir's "blocklists" subdirectory. -B --no-blocklist Disble blocklists. -d, --downlimit number Set the maximum download speed in KB/s -D, --no-downlimit Don't limit the download speed -er --encryption-required Encrypt all peer connections. -ep --encryption-preferred Prefer encrypted peer connections. -et --encryption-tolerated Prefer unencrypted peer connections. -f, --finish script Set a script to run when the torrent finishes -g, --config-dir directory Where to look for configuration files. This can be used to swap between using the cli, daemon, gtk, and qt clients. See http://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/ConfigFiles for more information. -h, --help Prints a short usage summary. -m, --portmap Enable portmapping via NAT-PMP or UPnP -M, --no-portmap Disable portmapping -n, --new sourcefile Create torrent from the specified file or directory -p, --port port Set the port to listen for incoming peers. (Default: 51413) -t, --tos Set the peer socket TOS for local router-based traffic shaping. -u, --uplimit number Set the maximum upload speed in KB/s -U, --no-uplimit Don't limit the upload speed -v, --verify Verify the torrent's downloaded data. -w, --download-dir directory Where to save downloaded data. SIGNALS
In addition to these options, sending transmission-cli a SIGHUP signal will contact the tracker for more peers. ENVIRONMENT
TRANSMISSION_HOME Sets the default config-dir. http_proxy libcurl uses this environment variable when performing tracker announces. FILES
~/.config/transmission Directory where transmission-cli keeps torrent information for future seeding and resume operations. AUTHORS
The transmission-cli program was written by Eric Petit, Josh Elsasser, Jordan Lee, and Mitchell Livingston. SEE ALSO
transmission-create(1), transmission-daemon(1), transmission-edit(1), transmission-gtk(1), transmission-qt(1), transmission-remote(1), transmission-show(1) http://www.transmissionbt.com/ BSD
July 21, 2008 BSD