Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: parsing problem with script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parsing problem with script Post 302082892 by mike@freddiemac on Thursday 3rd of August 2006 03:06:16 PM
Old 08-03-2006
Bug thanks

thanks for the help you guys, it worked fine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem parsing line in file

I am VERY new to unix scripting. I am having trouble parsing a line into fields for further processing. I have this script: #bin/sh cat ztest2.txt | while read line do zvar1=`echo $line | cut -f6` echo "zvar1 is " $zvar1 done ******************** ztest2.txt looks like: 1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlwilli
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parsing problem

I need help with a problem that I have not been able to figure out. I have a file that is about 650K lines. Records are seperated by blank lines, fields seperated by new lines. I was trying to make a report that would add up 2 fields and associate them with a CP. example output would be... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing problem

I need to separate out the contents in the string "xyz","1233","cm_asdfasdf" as xyz,1233,cm_asdfasdf Can anyone help me on this?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sushir03
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing problem

Hi, i need to parse a string which looks like this "xyz","1233","cm_asdfasdf" (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing problem

I need to parse a string which looks like "xyx","sdfsdf","asf_asdf" into var1="xyx" var2="sdfsdf" var3="asf_asdf" (3 Replies)
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Problem

Hi all, I am having problems parsing the following file: cat mylist one,two,three four five,six My goal is to get each number on a seperate line. one two three four five six I tried this command: sed -e 's/\,/^M/g' mylist (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rob11g
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing problem

Hello, I have a similar problem so I continue this thread. I have: my_script_to_format_nicely_bdf.sh | grep "RawData" |tr -s ' '|cut -d' ' -f 4|tr -d '%' So it supposed to return the percentage used of RawData FS: 80 (Want to use it in a alert script) However I also have a RawData2 FS so... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem parsing args

Heya Tooltip: Parsing (getopts) for -u successfully sets mode=umnt, but case umnt is not executed, instead it either executes/show help or regular mount screen. I had copy pasted the structure of a getopts 'structure' from Man Page for getopts (posix Section 1) - The UNIX and Linux Forums... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sea
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem parsing

Hi, I want to fetch a text.Clipping. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: protocomm
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parsing problem

Hello fellow unix geeks, I am having a small dilemna trying to parse a log file I have. Below is a sample of what it will look like: MY_TOKEN1(group) TOKEN(other)|SSID1 MY_TOKEN2(group, group2)|SSID2 What I need to do is only keep the MY_TOKEN pieces and where there are multiple... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
7 Replies
PSIZE(1)							  PDB2PQR Manual							  PSIZE(1)

NAME
psize - Get dimensions and other information from PQR files SYNOPSIS
psize [--cfact=value] [--fadd=value] [--space=value] [--gememfac=value] [--gememceil=value] [--ofrac=value] [--redfac=value] {pqrfile} psize {--help | -h} DESCRIPTION
psize derives information from PQR files to preprare the models of proteins and chemicals for electrostatics calculations. The tool calculates dimensions for coarse and fine grids, grid spacings, box size and estimates the memory required to perform an electrostatics calculation. The calculation of this information can be influenced by giving constraints to psize as parameters. OPTIONS
psize accepts the following options: --help, -h Print a help message and exit. --cfact=value Factor by which to expand the molecule dimensions to get the coarse grid dimensions --fadd=value Amount to add to the molecule dimensions to get the fine grid dimensions. --space=value Desired fine mesh resolution. --gememfac=value Number of bytes per grid point required for sequential MG calculation. --gememceil=value Maximum MB allowed for sequential MG calculation. Adjust this to force the script to perform faster calculations (which require more parallelism). --ofrac=value Overlap factor between mesh partitions. --redfac=value Maximum factor by which a domain dimension can be reduced during focusing. SEE ALSO
apbs(1), pdb2pqr(1) AUTHOR
Manuel Prinz <debian@pinguinkiste.de> Wrote this manpage for the Debian System. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Manuel Prinz psize 2008-06-04 PSIZE(1)