Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Opening an Excel File in Unix Post 302082885 by bubeshj on Thursday 3rd of August 2006 02:33:30 PM
Old 08-03-2006
MySQL Opening an Excel File in Unix

Hi all,
I want to open an Excel file in Unix(ABC.xls) and copy one column of the file onto another text file (xyz.txt) .Please let me know if there is a way of going about to perform this operation.
Thanks in Advance,
bubeshj

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

File Opening in C++ in Unix Env

Pls someone help me. This piece of code is giving me weird results. ofstream outfile; ofstream out; char filename1; char filename2; memset(filename1,'\0',sizeof(filename1)); memset(filename2,'\0',sizeof(filename2)); strcpy(filename1,"Testing1.out");... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skannan
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spilt excel file in unix

Hi friends... I am sending a file say xyz.xls to a mail through unix. The .xls file is more than 65 thousand in size so I want to spilt the file size into 40 thousand and 25 thousand. So can anyone provide any inputs.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Soumya Dash
1 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

How do I choose the application when opening a file in UNIX?

If I have a file in OSX (e.g. a pdf), I can choose how to open it i.e. with the "open with..." command from the 'right click menu'. Sometimes a pdf is garbled in OSX Preview so I need to open it in Adobe Acrobat. How do I choose the application when opening a file in UNIX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mpeter
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Opening a Unix File in Windows.

Hi folks, I have a file in unix box as abc.xls and i have a file in windows box as abc_win.xls. Now if i open the file abc_win.xls which is in windows, i have to get the datas of the file abc.xls which is in unix. Everytime i opens the abc_win.xls file, the updated datas of file abc.xls... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a439511
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent help needed to delete some text without opening the file in unix

Hi To delete some text in 2 files in line1 ( not complete line) in unix without opening the files. For example: source file is like this <?xml version="1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyaranoid
5 Replies

6. Linux

Opening a TXT file in LINUX / UNIX

Hey Friends, When I open (More <filename>) a big txt file in UNIX /LINUX it asks me to press any key to see remaining file. Can I see it in a stretch? I mean I jst want to let the contains of file scroll up completely. Is there any way out? Plz help. Thanx in advance Anushree. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in opening UNIX file in Windows

Hi , I am having file in unix with size (386796649) , below is the output of ls command in UNIX. I have ftp'ed the file to my windows machine . When i tried to open the file it is not opening . Why it is so . Is there is size limit. -rw-rw-rw- 1 p10 pQQ 98473 Sep 17 17:20... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Ms-excel file in unix

Hi, I have the Ms Excel file(test.xls) in my UNIX box. I would like to read the excel file and create files for each column. Please find an example. My excel file like this data: Num Data 1 a1 2 b2 3 c3 4 d4 5 e5 6 f6 7 h7 My output: I want create 2 files(num.log and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem in converting password protected excel file to csv file in unix

I need to convert a password protected excel file which will be in UNIX server to a comma separated file. For this I need to open the excel file in UNIX box but the UNIX box doesn't prompt for password instead it is opened in an encrypted manner. I could manually ftp the excel file to local... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devivish
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Opening a Unix File with Mac OS X

Hi. I'm new to Unix and recently received Unix files via email. I downloaded those files but am unable to open them on my computer which uses Mac OS X. How do I open the files? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: michellemc
11 Replies
Test::Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Test::Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)

NAME
Test::Excel::Template::Plus - Testing module for use with Excel::Template::Plus SYNOPSIS
use Test::More tests => 1; use Test::Excel::Template::Plus; my $template = Excel::Template::Plus->new( engine => 'TT', template => 'test.tmpl', config => { INCLUDE => [ '/templates' ] }, params => { ... } ); $template->write_file('test.xls'); # compare the file we just made with # an existing example file ... cmp_excel_files("test.xls", "t/xls/test.xls", '... the excel files matched'); DISCLAIMER
This module is woefully incomplete. It works for my very basic purposes right now, but it is surely going to need lots or work in the future to make it really usable. DESCRIPTION
This module attempts to provide a means of testing and comparing dynamically generated excel files. Currently it only supports comparing two excel files for some approximation of strutural (values within cells) and visual (formatting of said cells) equivalence. As a by product of the implementation, elements may get compared which don't really need comparing, and things which do need comparing may be skipped. This will get refined as time goes by and the module is used in more heavyweight situations. FUNCTIONS
cmp_excel_files($file1, $file2, $msg) BUGS
All complex software has bugs lurking in it, and this module is no exception. If you find a bug please either email me, or add the bug to cpan-RT. AUTHOR
Stevan Little <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2007-2010 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-06 Test::Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)