Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automatically creating a folder Post 302082874 by Glenn Arndt on Thursday 3rd of August 2006 12:51:54 PM
Old 08-03-2006
Code:
mkdir ./logs/$(date +%Y%m%d)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating folder when the string matches

hi :confused:sorry last time , b4 im drafting the thread i was unexpectedly posted the thread see here is the program wat it will do is .. i have to create folder at the run time when the string matches ... what to do is im havin text file which carry the file name like ( EngCVer1pg1j01.TOP,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximas
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating space in root folder

Hi , I was wondering if anyone knows any great ways for creating space in your Root Folder. My root folder was created with only 247.7MB & I found out that its now full & I was initially wondering how important the "thumbnails Folder" was & if it was alright to delete their contenses as I noticed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using cp: preserving file/folder attributes and auto creating folders

Hi, Is there a way to use cp in such a way that when a file is copied to a destination, the required destination folders are automatically created with the proper permissions, and the resulting copied file has the same attributes as the original. For example if I copied... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Set ACL automatically for new folder/objects

Hi, In our bank production environment - IBM AIX 5.3, we have a particular parent folder inside which an application creates temporary folders & files. These temp folders exist for the lifetime of the user session within the application and then get deleted automatically. Since these temp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepaksinbox
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files by automatically creating directories

I am in a situation where I have some hundreds of thousands of files in a directory (name of directory: big_directory). Now, working on this directory is extremely slow. I now plan to do this: Copy 1000 files in each of the directories by creating the directories automatically. All files have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Creating a hidden partition that doesn't mount automatically

I have a drive full of diagnostic images (ASD), and I also use it for storage, installers, etc. When I plug it in to a booted system, it has to mount every single volume (about 25) which can take some time. I would like to keep all the ASD partitions from mounting when plugged in/at boot. I know... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextyoyoma
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a sub-folder in multiple folders

Hi I've been trying to find an answer to this question and was hoping someone would be able to help me. I want to add a sub-folder to to an existing structure: for example /toys/toy_1/new /toys/toy_2/new /toys/toy_3/new There are humdreds of theses folders - what i want to do is add a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LouSan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a ksh script to copy a folder

Hi Folks, I need help in creating a ksh script to copy a folder from one server to multiple other servers using ssh and sftp. The thing is the folder name changes daily. So is there a way we could specify the folder name during the execution of script.? I would appreciate a quicker help.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lena07
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to select oldest folder in directory automatically and log process

The `bash` below uses the oldest folder in the specified directory and logs it. The goes though an analysis process and creates a log. My problem is that if there are 3 folders in the directory folder1,folder2,folder3, the bash is using folder2 for the analysis eventhough folder1 is the oldest... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating dated folder name in SMB share

I can't seen to figure this out. Let's say I want to create a folder with the name "August2017". In regular terminal prompt I can type mkdir `date +%B%Y` But when I'm connected to a SMB share (at the smb: prompt), the command doesn't translate properly. A folder gets created but the name is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdch1000
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)