Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Spot the difference
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Spot the difference Post 302082863 by Corona688 on Thursday 3rd of August 2006 11:01:42 AM
Old 08-03-2006
Now you've done it...

Code:
if
then
  echo "cat > $file <<\!EnShAr\!"
  echo "\!EnShAr\!"
  echo "set `cksum $file`"
# Needed a space between echo and "cksum"
  echo "cksum" $file
# Is this supposed to be echoed?
  check=$1
  echo "test $1 = $check || echo $0: bad cksum in $file >&2 " >> sharS
  echo "cat > $file <<\!EnShAr\!" >> sharS
fi

Got to watch those exclamation marks. They mean something special in sh, even inside double quotes. Maybye make that !EnShAr! thing a variable so you don't have to type the various crazy escapings every time?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Spot

does somebody know about SPOT ?? any link about SPOT commands ? i ve made a mistake during configuration, :mad: then i ve started the system in Maintenance mode the only shell was SPOT. :eek: SPOT doesn t understand anything.... how do i work with SPOT ? thanks in advance Karine... :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karine
1 Replies

2. AIX

SPOT requirement

Hey May be a dumb question Can I use a SPOT which is at 5.3 TL6 to boot an LPAR (with 5.3 TL8) in to maintenance mode? Will it work ? Is it mandatory that SPOT should be of same or higher version in such case? Bala (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I search with regex in one spot?

Hello im new here and i shot stright with question. Mainly i wanna ask , how do i search with regexp in one spot and show the whole thing, what im trying to ask is , for eg. i do ls -l, and i see all the info for the dirs and dats. now say i wanna get all the dats that in their name they start... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Goroner
2 Replies

4. AIX

how to make a spot

HI. there My 10 servers are running on 6.1-05-03 aix including NIM server but my user want to update a TL (61-05-03 to 61-06-04) if I Update a AIx version of TL .. is that change the SPOT of NIM server.. OR if I make a spot of AIX7.1 and Is that support AIX 6.1 AIX 5.3 Images I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jeon Jun Seok
1 Replies

5. AIX

NIM SPOT query

Dear Admins, The SPOT defined in NIM is for aix 5.3 TL 7 . Some of the NIM clients are upgraded to TL 10 . Now the SPOT level is older than the mksysb level. This will cause problem during restoration of any NIM clients. Now i want to upgrade SPOT level to TL 10 and redefine the resources... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone help me to spot my mistake?

Hi there can anyone help me to spot my mistake and please explain why it appears My code : #!/usr/bin/gawk -f BEGIN { bytes =0} { temp=$(grep "datafeed\.php" | cut -d" " -f8) bytes += temp} END { printf "Number of bytes: %d\n", bytes } when I am running ./q411 an411 an411: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
6 Replies

7. AIX

Unable to create a SPOT

Hi everyone! Ok so I'm trying for the first time to install AIX on a LPAR with NIM. The NIM: root@oaexpnimp01(/home/root) # oslevel -s 6100-08-02-1316 I'm trying to install AIX 6.1 TL1. I successfully created a new lpp source root@oaexpnimp01(/home/root) # lsnim -l AIX61_TL1_2... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: trivium012
10 Replies
img-sgi(3tk)															      img-sgi(3tk)

NAME
img-sgi - Img, SGI Native Format (sgi) SYNOPSIS
package require Tk package require img::sgi ?1.3? image create photo ?name? ?options? DESCRIPTION
The package img::sgi is a sub-package of Img. It can be loaded as a part of the complete Img support, via package require Img, or on its own, via package require img::sgi. Like all packages of Img it does not provide new commands, but extends the existing Tk command image so that it supports files containing raster images in the SGI Native Format (sgi). More specifically img::sgi extends Tk's photo image type. The name of the new format handler is sgi. This handler provides new additional configuration options. See section SGI OPTIONS for more detailed explanations. All of the above means that in a call like image create photo ?name? ?options? [1] Image data in sgi format (options -data and -file) is detected automatically. [2] The format name sgi is recognized by the option -format. In addition the value for the option is treated as list and may contain any of the special options listed in section SGI OPTIONS. SUPPORTED SGI TYPES
24-bit pixels: True-color (RGB, each channel 8 bit). 32-bit pixels: True-color with alpha channel (RGBA, each channel 8 bit). 48-bit pixels: True-color (RGB, each channel 16 bit). 64-bit pixels: True-color with alpha channel (RGBA, each channel 16 bit). List of currently supported features: Type | Read | Write | | -file | -data | -file | -data | ---------------------------------------- 24-bit | Yes | Yes* | Yes | Yes* | 32-bit | Yes | Yes* | Yes | Yes* | 48-bit | Yes | Yes* | No | No | 64-bit | Yes | Yes* | No | No | *: Implemented by reading/writing from/to a temporary file. This will be slow for larger images. All images types may be either uncompressed or run-length encoded. SGI OPTIONS
The handler provides the following options: -verbose bool This option is supported for reading and writing. If set to true, additional information about the loaded/stored image is printed to stdout. Default is false. -compression type This option is supported for writing only. Set the compression mode to either none or rle. Default is rle. -matte bool This option is supported for reading and writing. If set to false, a matte (alpha) channel is ignored during reading or writing. Default is true. SEE ALSO
img-bmp, img-gif, img-ico, img-intro, img-jpeg, img-pcx, img-pixmap, img-png, img-ppm, img-ps, img-sgi, img-sun, img-tga, img-tiff, img- window, img-xbm, img-xpm KEYWORDS
image handling, sgi, tk COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995-2003 Jan Nijtmans <nijtmans@users.sourceforge.com> Img 1.3 img-sgi(3tk)