Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: COBOL file status 39
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers COBOL file status 39 Post 302082850 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 3rd of August 2006 09:39:08 AM
Old 08-03-2006
No. But you should consider making sure all of the cobol compiles correctly i.e., better than rc=8.

You can use DISPLAY statements placed strategically to get a lot of "debug" work done.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Couldn't open status file /var/samba/STATUS.LCK

I believe i have most of samba configured right but i get this error each time time try to run it. I was given suggestion that i touch the file, i did, but i still cannot rid myself of this error. Any suggestions (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: macdonto
2 Replies

2. Gentoo

COBOL on linux?!

Hello guys, I'm searching for a good COBOL compiler which runs on linux. In fact I have found one but I'm really lost with its installation!! I don't know how to install it and how it works. In fact I'm not so good in linux and I always have problems with installation, but this time it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HSN
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Installing RedHat 8.0 onto Dell PowerEdge SC1425 - hdc: status error: status = 0x58

I have successfully installed RedHat 8.0 onto a Dell PowerEdge SC1425 today. This server has two SATA hard drives, and an IDE DVD-ROM drive. Using the following kernel parameters, i successfully installed across both hard drives from CD: ide0=0x1f0,0x3f6,14 vga=791 resolution=1024x768 expert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cobol File Status 41 & 42

I'm new to coding on Unix but have coded with COBOL on mainframe for a number of years. This is driving me nuts. My select clause is like so: SELECT GRPFILE ASSIGN TO EXTERNAL DISK WS-GRPFILE ACCESS IS SEQUENTIAL STATUS IS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WS-NFG
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Rm-cobol 85

Does anyone use the following Cobol compiler: RM/COBOL-85 Compiler - Version 5.15.00 for SCO Unix 386. I am looking for a file that might be part of the distribution named "osmain.o" Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Error in a cobol executable file

Hi, when i try to run an executable on a HP UX machine i get the following error /usr/lib/..../dld.so Unsatisfied code symbol '_tMca100b' in load module .... The exe is a cobol program. can somebody tell why? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vovan
2 Replies

7. Programming

cobol programme

I have some compile programme .crn now I want to run .crn programme on express cobol which allow only *.gnt programme any solution to run *.crn programme (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibi
0 Replies

8. Programming

cobol crn programme run on express cobol as .gnt

can i run .crn programme in express cobol which support to .gnt programme .... Plz tell me solution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling script from RM cobol and returning value to cobol

Is there a way you can return a value from a script that is called from a rm cobol program... 01 WS-COMD-LINE-PGM X(39) value sh ./getUserId.sh 12345" 01 WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE PIC 9(8). CALL "SYSTEM" USING WS-COMD-LINE-PGM GIVING WS-RETURN-SYS-CODE. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavanmp
1 Replies

10. Programming

How to track table status delete/update/insert status in DB2 V10 z/os?

Dear Team I am using DB2 v10 z/os database . Need expert guidance to figure out best way to track table activities ( Ex Delete, Insert,Update ) Scenario We have a table which is critical and many developer/testing team access on daily basis . We had instance where some deleted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
1 Replies
EFL(1)							      General Commands Manual							    EFL(1)

NAME
efl - Extended Fortran Language SYNOPSIS
efl [ option ... ] [ filename ... ] DESCRIPTION
Efl compiles a program written in the EFL language into clean Fortran. Efl provides the same control flow constructs as does ratfor(1), which are essentially identical to those in C: statement grouping with braces; decision-making with if, if-else, and switch-case; while, for, Fortran do, repeat, and repeat...until loops; multi-level break and next. In addition, EFL has C-like data structures, and more uniform and convenient input/output syntax, generic functions. EFL also provides some syntactic sugar to make programs easier to read and write: free form input: multiple statements/line; automatic continuation statement label names (not just numbers), comments: # this is a comment translation of relationals: >, >=, etc., become .GT., .GE., etc. return (expression) returns expression to caller from function define: define name replacement include: include filename The Efl command option -w suppresses warning messages. The option -C causes comments to be copied through to the Fortran output (default); -# prevents comments from being copied through. If a command argument contains an embedded equal sign, that argument is treated as if it had appeared in an option statement at the beginning of the program. Efl is best used with f77(1). SEE ALSO
f77(1), ratfor(1). S. I. Feldman, The Programming Language EFL, Bell Labs Computing Science Technical Report #78. 7th Edition April 29, 1985 EFL(1)