Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity client-server message transfer Post 302082831 by areef4u on Thursday 3rd of August 2006 07:45:35 AM
Old 08-03-2006
fork

after forking the process u can use parent as the server and the child as the client and communicate.. it will depend on what channel u want to communicate with. Unix IPC is one option and Sockets are others

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

program to transfer a file from client machine to server

1. we have a client & server ,and TFTP is running on the server. 2.we have 3 files a.exe,b.exe,c.exe in the client machine....we need to transfer all the 3 files to the server and store it into a DIR... 3.then we need to check in the server whetehr all the three files are sucessfully... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathgopi214
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove the thread thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove this thread. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

4. Programming

Client/Server Socket Application - Preventing Client from quitting on server crash

Problem - Linux Client/Server Socket Application: Preventing Client from quitting on server crash Hi, I am writing a Linux socket Server and Client using TCP protocol on Ubuntu 9.04 x64. I am having problem trying to implement a scenario where the client should keep running even when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.nagpaal
2 Replies

5. Programming

please help a problem in client-server ipc message 2 pipes communication simple example

I want to have a message send & receive through 2 half-duplex pipes Flow of data top half pipe stdin--->parent(client) fd1--->pipe1-->child(server) fd1 bottom half pipe child(server) fd2---->pipe2--->parent(client) fd2--->stdout I need to have boundary structed message... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouou
1 Replies

6. Programming

kill() function problem in client-server ipc message using 2 FIFOs

I want to have a message send & receive through 2 uni-direction FIFO Flow of data FIFO1 stdin--->parent(client) writefd--->FIFO1-->child(server) readfd FIFO2 child(server) writefd2---->FIFO2--->parent(client) readfd2--->stdout I need to have boundary structed message... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ouou
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCP - File transfer message

Whenever I transfer file through SCP between two server it gives below given message.....Is there a way to avoid it.... Target server : newyork $ scp ABC27801.iue newyork:./iABC/x0017801.iue Message ===== This system is for the use of authorized users only. Individuals using this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pash
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer file from server B to server C and running the script on server A

I have 3 servers A, B, C and server B is having some files in /u01/soa/ directory, these files i want to copy to server C, and i want to run the script from server A. Script(Server A) --> Files at Server B (Source server) --> Copy the files to Server C(Target Server). We dont have RSA key... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sign Soap Message from client certificate from UNIX

I have to call a webservice , I need to pass the static request from Unix which should have message signing details in the soap header . I am using cURL command for this. I do not have java , I need to do it through Unix only . Below is the kind of Soap envelop I want to wrap around my request .... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies
FORK(2) 							System Calls Manual							   FORK(2)

NAME
fork - create a new process SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> pid_t fork(void) DESCRIPTION
Fork causes creation of a new process. The new process (child process) is an exact copy of the calling process except for the following: The child process has a unique process ID. The child process has a different parent process ID (i.e., the process ID of the parent process). The child process has its own copy of the parent's descriptors. These descriptors reference the same underlying objects, so that, for instance, file pointers in file objects are shared between the child and the parent, so that an lseek(2) on a descriptor in the child process can affect a subsequent read or write by the parent. This descriptor copying is also used by the shell to establish standard input and output for newly created processes as well as to set up pipes. The child starts with no pending signals and an inactive alarm timer. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, fork returns a value of 0 to the child process and returns the process ID of the child process to the parent process. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned to the parent process, no child process is created, and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
Fork will fail and no child process will be created if one or more of the following are true: [EAGAIN] The system-imposed limit on the total number of processes under execution would be exceeded. This limit is configuration- dependent. (The kernel variable NR_PROCS in <minix/config.h> (Minix), or <minix/const.h> (Minix-vmd).) [ENOMEM] There is insufficient (virtual) memory for the new process. SEE ALSO
execve(2), wait(2). 3rd Berkeley Distribution May 22, 1986 FORK(2)