Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: parsing problem with script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parsing problem with script Post 302082697 by mike@freddiemac on Thursday 3rd of August 2006 02:44:34 AM
Old 08-03-2006
Question parsing problem with script

I'm trying to parse the variables out of a comma delimited expression, but i'm having trouble with script:

num_var=1
while [ $num_var -lt 4 ]
do
a=`echo "a=7, b=8, c=9" | awk '{print $num_var}' | cut -d= -f2`
b=`echo $a | cut -d, -f1`
echo $b
num_var=`expr $num_var + 1`
done

the output is:

I know the problem is in the statement print $num_var ... for each time in the loop I want that print statement to be "print $1" then "print $2" then "print $3". How would I go about doing this using my num_var expression?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem parsing line in file

I am VERY new to unix scripting. I am having trouble parsing a line into fields for further processing. I have this script: #bin/sh cat ztest2.txt | while read line do zvar1=`echo $line | cut -f6` echo "zvar1 is " $zvar1 done ******************** ztest2.txt looks like: 1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlwilli
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parsing problem

I need help with a problem that I have not been able to figure out. I have a file that is about 650K lines. Records are seperated by blank lines, fields seperated by new lines. I was trying to make a report that would add up 2 fields and associate them with a CP. example output would be... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing problem

I need to separate out the contents in the string "xyz","1233","cm_asdfasdf" as xyz,1233,cm_asdfasdf Can anyone help me on this?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sushir03
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing problem

Hi, i need to parse a string which looks like this "xyz","1233","cm_asdfasdf" (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing problem

I need to parse a string which looks like "xyx","sdfsdf","asf_asdf" into var1="xyx" var2="sdfsdf" var3="asf_asdf" (3 Replies)
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Problem

Hi all, I am having problems parsing the following file: cat mylist one,two,three four five,six My goal is to get each number on a seperate line. one two three four five six I tried this command: sed -e 's/\,/^M/g' mylist (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rob11g
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing problem

Hello, I have a similar problem so I continue this thread. I have: my_script_to_format_nicely_bdf.sh | grep "RawData" |tr -s ' '|cut -d' ' -f 4|tr -d '%' So it supposed to return the percentage used of RawData FS: 80 (Want to use it in a alert script) However I also have a RawData2 FS so... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem parsing args

Heya Tooltip: Parsing (getopts) for -u successfully sets mode=umnt, but case umnt is not executed, instead it either executes/show help or regular mount screen. I had copy pasted the structure of a getopts 'structure' from Man Page for getopts (posix Section 1) - The UNIX and Linux Forums... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sea
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem parsing

Hi, I want to fetch a text.Clipping. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: protocomm
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parsing problem

Hello fellow unix geeks, I am having a small dilemna trying to parse a log file I have. Below is a sample of what it will look like: MY_TOKEN1(group) TOKEN(other)|SSID1 MY_TOKEN2(group, group2)|SSID2 What I need to do is only keep the MY_TOKEN pieces and where there are multiple... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
7 Replies
CMIGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							CMIGREP(1)

NAME
cmigrep - search in ocaml compiled interface files SYNOPSIS
cmigrep <options> <module-expression> DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the cmigrep command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. cmigrep allows to search for information in compiled interfaces of OCaml modules. By default, the search applies to the modules described in the .cmi files in the curent directory and in the ocaml standard directory, but this can be changed with the -I option (see below). The argument <module-expr> can be an exact module name, or a shell wildcard. Multiple modules can be specified. Example: "ModA ModB Foo*.Make" means to search ModA, ModB, and any submodule Make of a module that starts with Foo. OPTIONS
General Options -I directory Add directory to the search path for modules -package packages comma separated list of findlib packages to search open modules comma separated list of open modules (in order!) -help, --help display list of options Search Patterns -t regexp print types with matching names -r regexp print record field labels with matching names -c regexp print constructors with matching names -p regexp print polymorphic variants with matching names -m regexp print all matching module names in the path -e regexp print exceptions with matching constructors -v regexp print values with matching names -o regexp print all classes with matching names -a regexp print all names which match the given expression SEE ALSO
Examples can be found on /usr/share/doc/cmigrep/README. AUTHOR
cmigrep is written by Eric Stokes <letaris@mac.com>. This manual page was compiled by Ralf Treinen <treinen@debian.org>. CMIGREP(1)