Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk: need to extract a line before a pattern Post 302082467 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 2nd of August 2006 11:28:29 AM
Old 08-02-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinusys
hey man u r not so clearabout what u want?cleat itmate.then it would be easier to give u thesolution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by npn35
I want to print the line which is 11 lines before the pattern .
sounds clear to me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract a particular start and end pattern from a line

hi In the foll example the whole text in a single line.... i want to extract text from IPTel to RTCPBase.h. want to use this acrooss the whole file Updated: IPTel\platform\core\include\RTCPBase.h \main\MWS2051_Sablime_Int\1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish205
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract pattern from text line

Gents, from these sample lines: ZUCR.MI ZUCCHI SPA RISP NC 2,5000 6 ott 0,0000 ZV.MI ZIGNAGO VETRO 3,6475 16:36 Up 0,0075 is it possible to get this: ZUCR.MI 2,5000 ZV.MI 3,6475 i.e. the first field, a separator and the first decimal number? (in Europe we... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vampirodolce
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, the text line looks like this: "test1" " " "test2" "test3" "test4" "10" "test 10 12" "00:05:58" "filename.bin" "3.3MB" "/dir/name" "18459" what's the best way to select any of it? So I can for example get only the time or size and so on. I was trying awk -F""" '{print $N}' but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

The text line has the following formats: what.ever.bla.bla.C01G06.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.C11G33.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.01x03.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.03x05.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.Part01.BLA.BLA2 and other similar ones, I need a way to select the "what.ever.bla.bla" part out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract specific line if the search pattern is found

Hi, I need to extract <APPNUMBER> tag alone, if the <college> haas IIT Chennai value. college tag value will have spaces embedded. Those spaces should not be suppresses. My Source file <Record><sno>1</sno><empid>E0001</empid><name>Rejsh suderam</name><college>IIT ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekar1
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Awk] Extract block of with a particular pattern

Hi, I have some CVS log files, which are divided into blocks. Each block has many fields of information and I want to extract those blocks with a pattern. Here is the sample input. RCS file: /cvsroot/eclipse/org.eclipse.debug.core/core/org/eclipse/debug/core/DebugPlugin.java,v head: 1.174... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepk1611
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines from line with pattern match to a line that ends in a pattern

I am trying to combine lines with these conditions: 1. First line starts with text of "libname VALUE db2 datasrc" where VALUE can be any text. 2. If condition1 is met then continue to combine lines through a line that ends with a semicolon. 3. Ignore case when matching patterns and remove any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wes Kem
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to extract and print first occurrence of pattern in each line

I am trying to use awk to extract and print the first ocurrence of NM_ and NP_ with a : before in each line. The input file is tab-delimeted, but the output does not need to be. The below does execute but prints all the lines in the file not just the patterns. Thank you :). file tab-delimeted ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::QuoteLike - Quote-like operator abstract base class INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::QuoteLike isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
The "PPI::Token::QuoteLike" class is never instantiated, and simply provides a common abstract base class for the five quote-like operator classes. In PPI, a "quote-like" is the set of quote-like things that exclude the string quotes and regular expressions. The subclasses of "PPI::Token::QuoteLike" are: qw{} - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Words `` - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Backtick qx{} - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Command qr// - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Regexp <FOO> - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Readline The names are hopefully obvious enough not to have to explain what each class is. See their pages for more details. You may note that the backtick and command quote-like are treated separately, even though they do the same thing. This is intentional, as the inherit from and are processed by two different parts of the PPI's quote engine. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)