Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Too Many files open
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Too Many files open Post 302082444 by shashank_recj on Wednesday 2nd of August 2006 08:36:21 AM
Old 08-02-2006
sorry a correction .. i was abt to say .. we cant get the process id of the Event ..

its a proc based system .. nyway where in we can know which Process id correct to which even ( i mean the name of the job )

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

open ASCII files

Anyone knows how to open an ASCII file by using C Thanks :D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wing m. Cheng
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

too many files open and questions

Hi all, Presently I'm using a 3pp that uses fopen to open files and I encounter this problem of too many files open when it is trying to open a file. My application is done in java which interfaces with this 3pp. When I instantiate this 3pp it loads up some files but it is pops up the error... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmcanth
7 Replies

3. Solaris

How to check no. of files open currently

I'm getting an error "too many files open" # ulimit -a time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) unlimited data(kbytes) unlimited stack(kbytes) 8192 coredump(blocks) unlimited nofiles(descriptors) 256 memory(kbytes) unlimited # hard limit shows 1024 I would like to know how many files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: max_min
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Open Files for a process

I am having a client/server application which will download files from server. If server has directories, it will create directories/sub directories and then download files. In this process, I observed that number of open files are more than 400 (which is approxmately same as number of dir/subdir... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satyam90
1 Replies

5. Programming

Too many open files - C++ on Unix

Hi all, My requirement is like this: I have list of numbers, i need to get the data related to those numbers from database and write the information into a file . I am using open function to write data related to one number. Close the file. Get the next number ,write data and close again. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parvathi_rd
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i open rar files

Is there a way to open rar files on linux i would really appretiate if u would help :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abu_malek
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to open RAR files?

May be this is a newbie question but i want to know hoe to open the RAR file in linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashok.g
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

open files

I want to open a file and edit it using vi However, i dont want to open directories or binary files. how can i do this? Right now it opens all files without caring echo "please enter a file to edit in Vi" read file if then (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: icelated
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flagging Open Files

A quick breakdown of my situation: I have 2 servers running OS 10.7, one in the US, the other in China. A folder is being synchronized via EMC's "Syncplicity". Here is my problem- When we open an Excel spreadsheet on one server, Syncplicity does not sync over the temporary file that Excel... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Process to use open files

I would like to test open files usage in my system, if I want to create a process ( or script ) that can use a certain amount ( eg. 1000 ) of open files , is it possible to create such process ( or script ) ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
3 Replies
Tk_GetJoinStyle(3)					       Tk Library Procedures						Tk_GetJoinStyle(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetJoinStyle, Tk_NameOfJoinStyle - translate between strings and join styles SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> int Tk_GetJoinStyle(interp, string, joinPtr) const char * Tk_NameOfJoinStyle(join) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter to use for error reporting. const char *string (in) String containing name of join style: one of "bevel", "miter", or "round". int *joinPtr (out) Pointer to location in which to store X join style corresponding to string. int join (in) Join style: one of JoinBevel, JoinMiter, JoinRound. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetJoinStyle places in *joinPtr the X join style corresponding to string, which will be one of JoinBevel, JoinMiter, or JoinRound. Join styles are typically used in X graphics contexts to indicate how adjacent line segments should be joined together. See the X documentation for information on what each style implies. Under normal circumstances the return value is TCL_OK and interp is unused. If string does not contain a valid join style or an abbrevia- tion of one of these names, then an error message is stored in interp->result, TCL_ERROR is returned, and *joinPtr is unmodified. Tk_NameOfJoinStyle is the logical inverse of Tk_GetJoinStyle. Given a join style such as JoinBevel it returns a statically-allocated string corresponding to join. If join is not a legal join style, then "unknown join style" is returned. KEYWORDS
bevel, join style, miter, round Tk Tk_GetJoinStyle(3)