Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Stale Mounts
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix Stale Mounts Post 302082352 by amro1 on Tuesday 1st of August 2006 02:15:37 PM
Old 08-01-2006
here...

it depends on the system, in AIX for example you can use SSA manager to see the stale volumes. You also can try netstat to see UDP streams with stale timestamps and then netstat it for a command it uses, and then use lsof to trace the files ( so the filesystems).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing stale partitions

hi, i was trying to mirror root volume group and the command i was using didnt respond for a long time mirrorvg -m rootvg hdisk1 I was checking rootvg and it gives below. how do i fix stale partitions?? it seems to be on hdisk1 LV NAME TYPE LPs PPs PVs LV STATE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
2 Replies

2. Solaris

new mounts

hi, i have currently below mounts in solaris box and i want to create new mount points. please let me know how can i do it? bash-3.00# df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on / 1000M 350M 609M 37% / /dev 1000M 350M ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rags_s11
3 Replies

3. AIX

Combining Mounts

I have 2 mounts with me. Each 200 Gigs. I have some heavy duty processing, that may require more than 200 Gigs at time. Is there anyway that I can make the two points a clubbed up directory. Or create a symbolic link (bleahhh). Here are factors: 1. two mounts are two different hard drives. (just... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: seemit
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounts

Hi, I'm new to Linux and to this forum too. Now, I need some info. I have an application which writes some data onto one mount(logs and others). Now, I want to have some convention or script where if the mount(where the application is writing data) reaches certain amount of memory or if it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krisdasword
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to check NAS mounts being used ?

Hi, How can i check if a particular Netapps NAS share being used on some other servers - ie: being accessed, mounted? example: somedir - rw, intr servernetapp.net.com:/vol/vol100/somedir is being mounted on some filesystem on other server. is it possible to check on the NIS? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greencored
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Stale users and no process

HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 I've got two users that show in "w" with long idle times but if I search for their processes I find nothing (ps -ef | grep username ) I'm not sure why "w" still sees them and if there is anything (short of a reboot) that I can do to clean them out. Ideas? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LisaS
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clone mounts as is

Hello, Iam trying to clone AS IS two mounts like below /class_test/sa /class_dev/fd from one server onto another. I want to use tar and gzip to compress. Please let me know the options I have to use. Also I want to untar it in the destination server, so let me know how to do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

Bypass stale PE ?

Hello, I have an ancient HP-UX 11.11 system where I have a logical volume marked stale and I can't get it sync'd. I have tried lvsync and lvreduce/lvextend to no avail. It is just one 4Mb PE on the disk that I can't get current. # lvdisplay -v /dev/vg00/lvol5 | grep stale LV Status ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: port43
17 Replies

9. AIX

Hd6 is in stale condition

Hi friends, the paging lv hd6 is in stale condition hd6 paging 48 96 2 open/stale N/A And i'am getting the following alerts in the server 333BD283 0811044814 U S LVDD Bad block detected with no relocation al 333BD283 0811041114 U S LVDD ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohamed Thamim
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX - stale partition

Hi everybody, I have a little problem with my AIX 6.1, PowerHA 6.1 LVM mirror. After problem with SAN pathing of our one Datacenter, I have LV at stale state. # lsvg cpsdata2vg VOLUME GROUP: cpsdata2vg VG IDENTIFIER: 00fb518c00004c0000000169445f4c2c VG STATE: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Necronomic
6 Replies
inet_type(4)							   File Formats 						      inet_type(4)

NAME
inet_type - default Internet protocol type SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/inet_type DESCRIPTION
The inet_type file defines the default IP protocol to use. Currently this file is only used by the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. The inet_type file can contain a number of <variable>=<value> lines. Currently, the only variable defined is DEFAULT_IP, which can be assigned a value of IP_VERSION4, IP_VERSION6, or BOTH. The output displayed by the ifconfig and netstat commands can be controlled by the value of DEFAULT_IP set in inet_type file. By default, both commands display the IPv4 and IPv6 information available on the system. The user can choose to suppress display of IPv6 information by setting the value of DEFAULT_IP. The following shows the possible values for DEFAULT_IP and the resulting ifconfig and netstat output that will be displayed: IP_VERSION4 Displays only IPv4 related information. The output displayed is backward compatible with older versions of the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. IP_VERSION6 Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. BOTH Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. The command-line options to the ifconfig and netstat commands override the effect of DEFAULT_IP as set in the inet_type file. For example, even if the value of DEFAULT_IP is IP_VERSION4, the command example% ifconfig -a6 will display all IPv6 interfaces. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Suppressing IPv6 Related Output This is what the inet_type file must contain if you want to suppress IPv6 related output: DEFAULT_IP=IP_VERSION4 SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), netstat(1M) SunOS 5.10 16 Jun 1999 inet_type(4)