Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with awk
Operating Systems HP-UX help with awk Post 302082187 by isingh786 on Monday 31st of July 2006 03:23:42 PM
Old 07-31-2006
help with awk

Hi,

I have a shell script which sends an email based on status. Here is the code of the shell script

/usr/bin/gawk -v RS='UNB' '/Accepted/ {print RS $0}' coll_AIK997.lst >> $COLLIN
SS_DIR/success_collins.lst
cat $COLLINSS_DIR/collins_success.txt >> $COLLINSS_DIR/Collins_997.doc
cat $COLLINSS_DIR/success_collins.lst >> $COLLINSS_DIR/Collins_997.doc
CFILE_SIZE=`wc -c <$COLLINSS_DIR/Collins_997.doc`
if ((CFILE_SIZE>100))
then
mailx -m -s "Collins ASN Acknowledgement" isingh@us.pewg.panasonic.com < $COLLIN
SS_DIR/Collins_997.doc
fi

What I am doing is that looking for string " Accepted" and then process the file. But, if there is no acceted in the file then it is rejected and send rejection email..

How I can make that change in this file..

Please help me...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk problem: How to express the single quote(') by using awk print function

Actually I got a list of file end with *.txt I want to use the same command apply to all the *.txt Thus I try to find out the fastest way to write those same command in a script and then want to let them run automatics. For example: I got the file below: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting/awk help : awk sum output is not comming in regular format. Pls advise.

Hi Experts, I am adding a column of numbers with awk , however not getting correct output: # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15291e+06 How can I getthe output like : 2152910 Thank you.. # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15079e+06 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: assign variable with -v didn't work in awk filter

I want to filter 2nd column = 2 using awk $ cat t 1 2 2 4 $ VAR=2 #variable worked in print $ cat t | awk -v ID=$VAR ' { print ID}' 2 2 # but variable didn't work in awk filter $ cat t | awk -v ID=$VAR '$2~/ID/ { print $0}' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk awk: program limit exceeded: sprintf buffer size=1020

Hi I have many problems with a script. I have a script that formats a text file but always prints the same error when i try to execute it The code is that: { if (NF==17){ print $0 }else{ fields=NF; all=$0; while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fate
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison and editing of files using awk.(And also a possible bug in awk for loop?)

I have two files which I would like to compare and then manipulate in a way. File1: pictures.txt 1.1 1.3 dance.txt 1.2 1.4 treehouse.txt 1.3 1.5 File2: pictures.txt 1.5 ref2313 1.4 ref2345 1.3 ref5432 1.2 ref4244 dance.txt 1.6 ref2342 1.5 ref2352 1.4 ref0695 1.3 ref5738 1.2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to compare a file with set of files in a directory using 'awk'

Hi, I have a situation to compare one file, say file1.txt with a set of files in directory.The directory contains more than 100 files. To be more precise, the requirement is to compare the first field of file1.txt with the first field in all the files in the directory.The files in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandek
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variable argument to a script which is being called inside awk

consider the script below sh /opt/hqe/hqapi1-client-5.0.0/bin/hqapi.sh alert list --host=localhost --port=7443 --user=hqadmin --password=hqadmin --secure=true >/tmp/alerts.xml awk -F'' '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){ if($i=="Alert id") { if(id!="") if(dt!=""){ cmd="sh someScript.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass awk field to a command line executed within awk

Hi, I am trying to pass awk field to a command line executed within awk (need to convert a timestamp into formatted date). All my attempts failed this far. Here's an example. It works fine with timestamp hard-codded into the command echo "1381653229 something" |awk 'BEGIN{cmd="date -d... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxer
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output yields error: awk:can't open job_name (Autosys)

Good evening, Im newbie at unix specially with awk From an scheduler program called Autosys i want to extract some data reading an inputfile that comprises jobs names, then formating the output to columns for example 1. This is the inputfile: $ more MapaRep.txt ds_extra_nikira_usuarios... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
18 Replies
icapnotify(1M)															    icapnotify(1M)

NAME
icapnotify - Test email connectivity to HP for Instant Capacity (iCAP) systems. Request a confirmation response email from HP. Turn config- uration change notification and asset reporting on or off. SYNOPSIS
icapnotify <reply_address> icapnotify -a on|off icapnotify -n on|off Obsolescent: icod_notify <reply_address> icod_notify -a on|off icod_notify -n on|off DESCRIPTION
When a reply_address is specified, sends an asset report via email to HP, root, and the specified email address. Confirmation email is sent from HP to the specified reply email address indicating that HP received the asset report email. Note that asset reporting is optional but can be useful for viewing complexwide asset information at the HP Utility Pricing Solutions por- tal (http://www.hp.com/go/icap/portal). The deprecated command provides identical functionality to the command and is maintained for backward compatibility. For detailed information on email configuration and requirements, see the located at /usr/share/doc/icapUserGuide.pdf. Options The command recognizes these options and arguments: -a on|off Turns email asset reporting on or off. This option is used to specify if the Instant Capacity software should send asset reports to HP via email. The command displays the present setting for this option. -n on|off Turns configuration change notification on or off. If specified on, executing the command results in a configuration change notification email sent to the system contact email address summarizing any configuration change. Configuration change notification email can be turned off by specifying off. Configuration change notifications are not sent if the system contact email address is not set. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables o LANG determines the locale to use for the locale categories when both LC_ALL and the corresponding environment variable (begin- ning with LC_) do not specify a locale. If LANG is not set or is set to the empty string, a default of C is used (see lang(5)). o LC_CTYPE determines the interpretation of single- and multiple-byte characters. o LC_MESSAGES determines the language in which messages are displayed. If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, icapnotify behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to C (see environ(5)). International Code Set Support Single- and multiple-byte character code sets are supported. RETURN VALUE
The command exits with one of these values: 0 Command succeeded. >0 Command failed; error message sent to STDERR. EXAMPLES
Test email connectivity with HP by sending an asset report to HP, root , and super_user@corp.com, and request a confirmation email from HP to be sent to super_user@corp.com: icapnotify super_user@corp.com Turn email asset reporting on: icapnotify -a on Turn email asset reporting off: icapnotify -a off Turn configuration change notification on: icapnotify -n on Turn configuration change notification off: icapnotify -n off AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
icapmodify(1M), icapstatus(1M), icapmanage(1M), icapd(1M), icap(5). icapnotify(1M)