Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Display a particular line from a file Post 302082071 by Rohini Vijay on Monday 31st of July 2006 06:05:38 AM
Old 07-31-2006
Display a particular line from a file

Hi,

What is the command i can use iof i want to display a particular line from a file, i have the line number with me.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want display a line with space in file by unix script

HI , I am having a file as -----------------a.out------------------- Hi I am unix developer using hp unix this is a test --------------------------------------- i need to read each line by a unix script of the file and to print in console with the space in the line as ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to display correctly the contents of a file without a line feed

I am using AIX and ksh. I need to display the contents of a file that has a pid (process id). Because the file is open, it doesn't have the line feed or new line, so for some reason if I do this: `cat $pid` , where $pid is the name of the fully qualified file, it displays test3.sh: 426110:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gato
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display mutiple line in single line

Hi All, I had a file called Input.txt, i need to group up in a single line as 1=ttt and the no of lines may vary bewteen the 1=ttt cat Input.txt 1=ttt,2=xxxxxx, 3=4545 44545, 4=66667 7777, 5=77723 1=ttt, 2=xxxxxx, 3=34436 66 3545, 4=66666, 5=ffffff, 6=uuuuuuu 1=ttt, 2=xxxxxx,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manosubsulo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display 3rd line of a file using cut only

Hello, i want to use new line character in cut command i want to display 3rd line of a file using cut only( not by sed or head -tail command) can anyone suggest me ? Regards (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepak Dutt
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display the line number of file while searching for a pattern

awk 'BEGIN{IGNORECASE=1} /error|warning|exception/ { ++x } END { print x }' filename The above command returning the number of times the pattern present in the file. But I want the the line number as well. please help me out (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukuku
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find and display the middle line in a file using single line command.

Hi all, How can i display the middle line of a file using a single line command? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakme Pemmaiah
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display the file name on each line using awk

How do I display the filename that has been awk to each of the line in Unix, i need to so far I have tried {print FILENAME;nextfile} but to no avail. `awk -F, '/1.2 Install TCP Wrappers/ {P=0} /1.1 Apply latest OS patches/ {P=1} P' solarisappsummary.txt solarisdbsummary.txt` For... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search first file line after Error and display

I have a log file which contains information like below (more than 200 ERROR sets). Here I want to find first .c file and function after "ERROR: AddressSanitizer" line. If you see here after "ERROR:" line first file - asfrecohandling.c function - ASFPotRecoHandling_Create_RecPaxSrvcComp ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pushpabuzz
6 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to display certain line of file only using head or tail in 1 command?

First month learning about the Linux terminal and it has been a challenge yet fun so far. We're learning by using a gameshell. I'm trying to display a certain line ( only allowed 1 command ) from a file only using the head or tail. I'm pretty about this answer: head -23 history.txt | tail -1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forzatekk
1 Replies
MM3D(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   MM3D(1)

NAME
mm3d - Misfit Model 3D SYNOPSIS
mm3d [options] files... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the mm3d command. mm3d is an OpenGL-based 3D model editor that works with triangle-based models. It supports multi-level undo, skeletal animations, simple texturing, scripting, command-line batch processing, and a plugin system for adding new model and image filters. Complete online help is included. It is designed to be easy to use and easy to extend with plugins and scripts. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. -h, --help Print command line help and exit -v, --version Print version information and exit -b, --batch Batch mode (exit after processing command line) -s, --save Save command line changes to model files --convert [format] Save models to format [format] --no-plugins Disable all plugins --no-plugin [foo] Disable plugin [foo] --sysinfo Display system information (for bug reports) --debug Display debug messages in console --warnings Display warning messages in console --errors Display error messages in console --no-debug Do not display debug messages in console --no-warnings Do not display warning messages in console --no-errors Do not display error messages in console SEE ALSO
blender(1), wings3d(1). AUTHOR
mm3d was written by Kevin Worcester. This manual page was written by Gurkan Sengun <gurkan@linuks.mine.nu>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). May 31, 2007 MM3D(1)