Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rotating a String
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rotating a String Post 302082062 by bubeshj on Monday 31st of July 2006 04:02:26 AM
Old 07-31-2006
Rotating a String

Hi folks,

I want to rotate a string in Clock or Ani Clock wise.

That is

If the string is "TAMIL"

the out put should be

TAMIL
AMILT
MILTA
ILTAM
LTAMI
TAMIL

Please do help.

Regards,

bubesh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

rotating the syslogd and messages files

Im about to install a sunfreeware program called logrotate which does exactly what it says on the tin....just a quick question ..if its going to rename messages to messages.0 etc do I need to issue a HUP to syslogd after doing this or will the new messages file get created automatically cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Rotating an array 90 degrees

Hi All, I have some data (below) that I need to rotate 90 degrees - in other words I want to flip each row into a column. I've found the following code in the book "Effective awk programming" but it doesn't work on my input data. I've used arrays before but I can't make it work... can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

logrotate isn't rotating files any longer

I have been using logrotate for quite awhile now. Most logs are rotated daily, using /etc/cron.daily. I noticed that the logs in question have not been rotated since April 6, but daily up to that point. I have logrotate in /etc/cron.daily. The basic command is: /usr/sbin/logrotate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manouche
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rotating logs in Perl without message loss

(I'm aware log rotation is a common subject, but I tried searching and couldn't find an answer) For some time now, I've been using the Logfile::Rotate module to rotate logs in a log-monitoring script. So far, I haven't experienced any problems, and it works great because I can use it in Linux... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: w1r3d
1 Replies

5. Solaris

rotating a log yearly

Hi, I am having some troubles using /usr/sbin/logadm to rotate sulog yearly. Can someone please assist with the correct syntax to rotate the sulog yearly? I'd like to maintain up to 3 years of logs. I am on Solaris 10. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lwif
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring specific string or keyword in rotating log files.

Hi there, I like to ask how i shall monitor specific string or keyword in rotating log files. e.g. I have at 10 rotating logfiles. I use the command below to grep the string, but eventually become non functional because the logfile rotates and new logfile is active. tail -f <logfile1> |grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shtobias
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rotating snapshot backup using rsync

I want to take daily backup(11pm) of /var/www to /mnt/bak excluding /var/www/videos and /var/www/old. HOW to implement a rotating snapshot method, so that i can have multiple(say 4) automatically rotating backups. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

ip rotating on exim mail server

Hi all, We have the exim mail server configured on cpanel in centos. We have 5 dedicated ip's. So, when i sending mails to client systems, it should be rotate that ip addressees on every 15 minutes. That means Ip rotating. How can i do it. Can anybody show me how to do it. Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern count on rotating logs for the past 1 Hr

Hi All, I have a requirement to write a shell script to search the logs in past 1 hour and extract some pattern from it and count it cumulatively to a file. The problem which I'm facing here is - logs rotates on size basis, say if size of log reaches 5 MB then new log will be generated and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gem_In_I
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with rotating files

Hello: I have a script that gets the ACLs of the /home directory and its contents with getfacl and writes them to a file. The script is run by a cron job and I don't want it to rewrite or append to an already existing file. The point of backing permissions up is because I may need to restore them.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cacializ
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)