Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running shell scripts from web browser Post 302082046 by vangalli on Monday 31st of July 2006 12:49:16 AM
Old 07-31-2006
executing unix commands thru browser!!

Hi All,
Daily I used to do some daily check on UNIX server.

I want this task to be done thru a browser.

For example:
if i open a browser i must get a screen like below...... style which must have options as follows:

UNIX Daily Check Page

commands:
bdf
ps -ef grep $someprocess

if user clicks the button he should get the result of the command and it must be stored in temorary buffer and final.................

a report button must be there by clicking he must be able to generate the whole output result into a single xls file..... and this has to be sent to some mailbox....................

can this be done using simple html code????

please advice................

Vangalli

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron running shell scripts.

What are the rules of calling shell scripts in cron. How do I go about setting up the correct PATHS that calls a script, which then calls another sub script all of which has to retain the orginal PATHS and VARS that I've set up in first script Confused.. ok Well Cron calls a script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cfoxwell
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running shell scripts on a remote server

Hi - I am running Mac OS X (Terminal) at my current workstation, and I would like to telnet to my local server to run a shell script. The local server is a Solaris machine (don't know the version or the type of Unix being run on it, sorry.) The problem I have is that when I create a #!/bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepintheshort
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web browser and web server for Unix

Hi there all I am looking for both a web browser as well as a web server (Ie. Netscape Fasttrack) that will run on HPUX 10. If you know where I can get these free via FTP, please contact me as soon as possible!! Thanks, Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mleathers
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running vendor shell scripts

Does anyone run a lot of SH (shell script) commands from vendors. i.e... product installations. And do you edit/change as a rule of thumb? I done a lot of product installs and some tend to think we should edit/change a vendors SH script. I am just looking for your thoughts. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Javagate
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

running shell script thru WEB page ....

....passing variable via list... here 's the HTML code extract : **************** <form method=post action=http://servername/cgi-bin/cgi-comptage_diff.ksh> <table border...........> .............. </table> <table bgcolor=#FFFFFF width="980"> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix shell scripts for running on solaris

am new to programmming any body suggest , how to execute, shell script interactively and like stream line edit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srini_ibmadmin
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing shell scripts in a browser

Hi all Im a newbie in shell scripting, i found it joyous creating simple adminitrative scripts, like adding users, modify and delete, remote sw install etc, now i want to intergrate my scripts to make a simple administrative tool, how do i access the scripts via a browser is it possible?? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jefinah
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic running of Shell scripts

Hi, I have this problem of merging 2 shell scripts and run it one after the other. For eg: script A runs to give OutputA. This OutputA should become the input of script B which will run to give OuputB. Now this has to happen automatically i.e, script A and script B should run consecutively one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vindhyaauri
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running shell scripts from command

I have written a few shellscripts to run a videogame (starcraft) at different patched versions. For example bw113 runs the 1.13 version of the game. These works perfectly when I run them from command line (./bw113). However I cannot get it to work via mouseclick. Some Information: - I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordsloth
5 Replies
tk_dialog(n)						       Tk Built-In Commands						      tk_dialog(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
tk_dialog - Create modal dialog and wait for response SYNOPSIS
tk_dialog window title text bitmap default string string ... _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This procedure is part of the Tk script library. Its arguments describe a dialog box: window Name of top-level window to use for dialog. Any existing window by this name is destroyed. title Text to appear in the window manager's title bar for the dialog. text Message to appear in the top portion of the dialog box. bitmap If non-empty, specifies a bitmap to display in the top portion of the dialog, to the left of the text. If this is an empty string then no bitmap is displayed in the dialog. default If this is an integer greater than or equal to zero, then it gives the index of the button that is to be the default button for the dialog (0 for the leftmost button, and so on). If less than zero or an empty string then there will not be any default button. string There will be one button for each of these arguments. Each string specifies text to display in a button, in order from left to right. After creating a dialog box, tk_dialog waits for the user to select one of the buttons either by clicking on the button with the mouse or by typing return to invoke the default button (if any). Then it returns the index of the selected button: 0 for the leftmost button, 1 for the button next to it, and so on. If the dialog's window is destroyed before the user selects one of the buttons, then -1 is returned. While waiting for the user to respond, tk_dialog sets a local grab. This prevents the user from interacting with the application in any way except to invoke the dialog box. EXAMPLE
set reply [tk_dialog .foo "The Title" "Do you want to say yes?" questhead 0 Yes No "I'm not sure"] SEE ALSO
tk_messageBox(n) KEYWORDS
bitmap, dialog, modal Tk 4.1 tk_dialog(n)