Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Changing the order using sed
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Changing the order using sed Post 302081957 by tayyabq8 on Saturday 29th of July 2006 08:23:13 AM
Old 07-29-2006
Try this:
Code:
echo "abc def ghi" | sed 's_\([a-z][a-z]*\)[single space] \([a-z][a-z]*\)_\2[single space] \1_'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed and regex to reverse order???

so i have been trying to learn how to manipulate text on my own and have gotten stumped... let's say i have a text file that says (highly simplified): people ordinary How would swap the order of the words.. I know i need to use sed and some kind of back reference but cannot make it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urtherhoda
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing the order of columns in a script

I have the following script: (echo -n `curl http://www.example.com/scores.txt | grep mylocation`; date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S) >> myscores.txt This script works fine, except that it places the timestamp at the end of the file myscores.txt. How do add the timestamp as the first column and then a tab and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove duplicate lines of a record without changing the order

Hi all, I have to remove duplicate lines in a file without chainging the order.for eg if i have a record pqr def abc lmn pqr abc mkh hgf the output should be pqr def abc lmn mkh hgf (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi.roy03
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reversing file order using SED

Im trying to develop a shell script that will change the content order of the file. For example I have a file that says a b c d I want to change this to be d c b a Im trying to use sed to this by reading the file and then inserting each line at the top #!/usr/bin/ksh ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MBGPS
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to order a file

Hi - I have a file with lots of lines in that I need to order based on the number of commas! e.g the file looks something like :- cn=john,cn=users,cn=uk,dc=dot,dc=com cn=john,cn=users,dc=com cn=users,cn=groups,dc=com cn=john,cn=admins,cn=users,cn=uk,dc=dot,dc=com... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming files by changing date order

I'm looking for a simple solution to rename a batch of files. All of the files in this directory start with a date in the format mm.dd.yy followed by a space and then additional descriptive text. Example: 01.21.10 742 P.xlsx 02.24.09 730 Smith.xlsx The information following the date can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kreisel
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Changing boot order doesn't work

Hey i am running both ubuntu 10.10 and windows 7, trying to make the default boot be windows 7 instead of ubuntu but it doesn't want to work. Ive tried changing default in the grub file it didnt work, then i installed startup-manager and set windows 7 as the OS and it still boots into ubuntu. Thx... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Era555
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed string with any order

Hi, i have a strange prob. log file contains ip, protocol, user name, agent . these can be in any order. If log contains the above order able to fetch all details but if details are in diff order not able to fetch all details. using below command. grep -A50 "Entry " "/logs/file.log" \ |grep... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - searching token in certain order

Hello. I would like to write a bash function which would return "true" if the search succeed else return anything else. something like if ] ; then exit 1 fi function my_funct () { find first occurrence $2 in $1 if not found return "false" from that position,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename multiple files in shell bash, changing elements order.

Hi, I want to rename several files like this: example: A0805120817.BHN A0805120818.BHN ..... to: 20120817.0805.N 20120818.0805.N ...... How can i do this via terminal or in shell bash script ? thanks, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pintolcv
6 Replies
COLORGCCRC(5)							File Formats Manual						     COLORGCCRC(5)

NAME
colorgccrc - configuration file for colorgcc DESCRIPTION
A colorgccrc configuration file is used to configure the highlighting of the compiler output from colorgcc. SYNTAX
Each line consists of a keyword designating a configuration variable. The keyword is followed by `:' and then one or several values (depending on the keyword). Lines beginning with a hash mark `#' are comments. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
g++ | gcc | c++ | cc | g77 | gcj | gnat | gpc Specifies the paths to the compilers. Takes one value; a path to the compiler. nocolor Specifies what terminal types colorization should be disabled on. Takes one or several values, separated by whitespace. srcColor Specifies the highlighting attributes source-code should be given. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. introColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for normal compiler output. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningFileNameColor | errorFileNameColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the filename in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningNumberColor | errorNumberColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the line-number in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningMessageColor | errorMessageColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the message-text in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. COLOR ATTRIBUTES
The following attributes are valid for highlighting. clear, reset bold, underline, underscore, blink, reverse, concealed black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white on_black, on_red, on_green, on_yellow, on_blue, on_magenta, on_cyan, on_white SEE ALSO
gcc(1), colorgcc(1) HISTORY
Jan 15 2003: Initial version of this manual-page. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <jmoyers@geeks.com> AUTHORS
Jamie Moyers <jmoyers@geeks.com> is the author of colorgcc. This manual page was written by Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>, and modified by David Weinehall <tao@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Jamie Moyers This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Jan 15, 2003 COLORGCCRC(5)