Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun Domain configuration
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Domain configuration Post 302081864 by muthulingaraja on Friday 28th of July 2006 09:55:16 AM
Old 07-28-2006
Thanks,

I got a idea for creating domains from that document. Do u have any other documents related to the Domain configurations. If u have means send me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to create Logical domain in Sun Fire T2000 server

Hi I am fresher in Virtualisation in solaris 10.I need to know how to install and configure guest OS, I have a server Sun T2000 with solaris 10 OS BASE. How to install logical domain, what are the prerequest for installing l domain can some one guide me what are the basic requirement to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
2 Replies

2. Solaris

how to get cpu and memory configuration on sun

Hi folks, can you please help to print cpu and memory configuration on sun host. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggolub
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

subprocess termination: sun java domain

I have only one domain in my sun java apps. I restarted however I got the error below server failed to stop: abnormal subprocess termination could not stop domain could not stop domain could not stop one or more instances in the domain: domain1 starting up myapplication instance... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun M5000 hardware domain creation - How to keep current OS?

Hi, This Sun M5000 currently has a single domain (0) created. Solaris 10 is installed on this domain with some local zones. Now we need to add a secondary hardware domain (1) to this M5000. My question: Can we keep the current OS settings on domain 0 when adding the secondary domain 1? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun M5000 hardware domain creation - How to keep current OS?

Hi, This Sun M5000 currently has a single domain (0) created. Solaris 10 is installed on this domain with some local zones. Now we need to add a secondary hardware domain (1) to this M5000. My question: Can we keep the current OS settings on domain 0 when adding the secondary domain 1? Thank... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Postfix Configuration:Hostname/Domain Name Doubts

I have a RHEL server where I want to create a mail server so I can send myself alerts whenever X process have problems. Disclaimer: Im a programmer thats been forced to do IT. So I'm trying my best here. The problem: While configuring Postfix it asks for $myhostname which apparently must be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
2 Replies

7. Hardware

Sun T2000 activity LED in slow blink even though Domain is up

Hello All I have a SunFire T2000 running f/w 6.3.2 The activity led is in slow blink mode. this typically indicates that the domain is down, however it is up and running. I had this issue before and resetting the sc fixes the issue, but now it has come back. showfaults from the sc indicatess... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gls5161
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Copying/duplicating a weblogic domain in sun Solaris

hi Description: I'm trying to duplicate a weblogic domain via command line. Copying the domain is not the problem. I need to clean up the domain of all directories that contain *.log*, *.out* and *.dat* files. So in a nutshell I need to cherry pick these directories and remove them before I tar... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsabo40
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS - domain controller configuration (SAMBA)

Hello! Never configured a Linux server from a scratch. Reviewed the official documentation and dozens of different "how to", but now one of them helped me to solve the issue. The need: My final goal is to install a small network (later with around 10 stations) where I can controle the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AQwert
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Documentation on T5-4 Domain Configuration ?

In time I will be rebuilding a T5-4 which currently hosts S10 and S11. I'm unable to find any documentation on managing, configuring -> installing solaris on domains. Even through My Oracle Support, wasn't able to locate any useful documentation except diagrams of the server. Unless my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samthewildone
3 Replies
dcs(1M) 						  System Administration Commands						   dcs(1M)

NAME
dcs - domain configuration server SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/dcs [-s sessions] DESCRIPTION
The Domain Configuration Server (DCS) is a daemon process that runs on Sun servers that support remote Dynamic Reconfiguration (DR) clients. It is started by inetd(1M) when the first DR request is received from a client connecting to the network service sun-dr. After the DCS accepts a DR request, it uses the libcfgadm(3LIB) interface to execute the DR operation. After the operation is performed, the results are returned to the client. The DCS listens on the network service labeled sun-dr. Its underlying protocol is TCP, and it is invoked as an inetd server using the TCP transport. The service FMRI for DCS is: svc:/platform/sun4u/dcs:default These entries enable remote DR operations. If you disable these services, DR operations initiated from a remote host fail. There is no neg- ative impact on the server. If you are using a Sun Fire high-end system and IPC is configured on the sun-dr port (port 665), you must also remove the policies in /etc/inet/ipsecinit.conf that reference the sun-dr port, then use the ipsecconf(1M) command with appropriate options to flush the policies. If you disable sun-dr services without deleting and flushing the corresponding entries from /etc/inet/ipsecinit.conf, any process that attempts to use the sun-dr port hangs. This is because the IPSec policy is still in effect for that port. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s sessions Set the number of active sessions that the DCS allows at any one time. When the limit is reached, the DCS stops accepting connections until active sessions complete the execution of their DR operation. If this option is not specified, a default value of 128 is used. ERRORS
The DCS uses syslog(3C) to report status and error messages. All of the messages are logged with the LOG_DAEMON facility. Error messages are logged with the LOG_ERR and LOG_NOTICE priorities, and informational messages are logged with the LOG_INFO priority. The default entries in the /etc/syslog.conf file log all of the DCS error messages to the /var/adm/messages log. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdcsu, SUNWdcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), cfgadm_sbd(1M), inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), ipsecconf(1M), svcadm(1M), syslog(3C), config_admin(3CFGADM), libcfgadm(3LIB), sys- log.conf(4), attributes(5), smf5dr(7D) NOTES
The dcs service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/platform/sun4u/dcs:default Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). Responsibil- ity for initiating and restarting this service is delegated to inetd(1M). Use inetadm(1M) to make configuration changes and to view config- uration information for this service. The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.10 4 Nov 2004 dcs(1M)