Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to create ghost images of a Solaris system? Post 302081856 by correro on Friday 28th of July 2006 07:48:40 AM
Old 07-28-2006
Thanks for referring me to Solaris flash archive. It seems to be what I'm looking for. But when I read through the pages, I got lost.

I can understand how to create a flash archive.

But how do I restore it?

Suppose I have Solaris CDs, and have booted the machine into "ok" prompt. What do I do now?

Thanks!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

burning Solaris 8 images

this is probably going to sound really stupid...but how do i burn the Solaris 8 images i got off of Sun's servers? i know youre supposed to burn them in Nero/EasyCD/whatever, but Nero gives me some bullshit about it being an "unrecognized format" and EasyCD wants to burn it as an audio file. do i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fuji250
4 Replies

2. Solaris

rsh commands not getting executed from Solaris 10 System to AIX System

Hi Friends, I am trying to execute rsh commands from Solaris 10 system to AIX system. When I give; Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ls -l , it gives me an error rshd : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known At the same time, Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ---- gives me remote shell of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
25 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 8 images

I need a set of CD's for solaris 8 , but for THE PC. if someone could direct where to either download them or share them with me, that would be great. I need to repair a system here for legacy purposes. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
2 Replies

4. Web Development

store images into databases or path to file system files ?

hi, I need a quick information about storing images into mysql databases. Is more convenient to store a path to the filesystem folder in which the images are stored, or is possible to directly store the images into my tables ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 8 02/04 CD images

Hi all friends of the Forum, i want to ask you if someone would be so kind to provide me the links for Solaris 8 02/04 CD images.. (I can't find them in the Net, maybe my google-fu is weak) (Also i don't have an Oracle Solaris support contract so i can't download them from their site) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk2soldier
0 Replies

6. Linux

Create partition in FFS images.

Hi, Firstly, I created a 50MB image using: dd if=/dev/zero of=./disk.img bs=1MiB count=48 Then I formatted it using: mkfs.ufs ./disk.img This worked correctly as stated by the output of: raphaelsc@debian:~/Desktop/FFS$ file disk.img disk.img: Unix Fast File system (little-endian)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raphaelsc
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to find/sort/move images/duplicate images from USB drive

Ultimately, I'm looking to create a script that allows me to plug in a usb drive with lots of jpegs on it & copy them over to a folder on my hard drive. So in the process of copying I am looking to hash check them, record dupes to a file, copy only 1 of the identical files (if it doesn't exsist... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JonaQuinn
1 Replies
curs_beep(3CURSES)					     Curses Library Functions						curs_beep(3CURSES)

NAME
curs_beep, beep, flash - curses bell and screen flash routines SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lcurses [ library ... ] #include <curses.h> int beep(void); int flash(void); DESCRIPTION
The beep() and flash() routines are used to signal the terminal user. The routine beep() sounds the audible alarm on the terminal, if pos- sible; if that is not possible, it flashes the screen (visible bell), if that is possible. The routine flash() flashes the screen, and if that is not possible, sounds the audible signal. If neither signal is possible, nothing happens. Nearly all terminals have an audible sig- nal (bell or beep), but only some can flash the screen. RETURN VALUES
These routines always return OK. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curses(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <curses.h> automatically includes the headers <stdio.h> and <unctrl.h>. SunOS 5.11 31 Dec 1996 curs_beep(3CURSES)