Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem sending mail to outlook Post 302081848 by Terrible on Friday 28th of July 2006 06:32:30 AM
Old 07-28-2006
thanks a million. seems like it worked
Terrible

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have a problem in sending mail

Hi, I have a problem in sending mail ...... #!/usr/bin/perl -w $file_length = `cat file.txt | wc -l`; if ( $file_length == 0) {} else { `mail -s "Tool" <mymailid> < file.txt`; } Eventhough i have used `uuencode Mailfile$App_Server$line | mail <mymailid>`;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaysabari
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I have a problem in sending mail

Hi, I have a problem in sending mail ...... #!/usr/bin/perl -w $file_length = `cat file.txt | wc -l`; if ( $file_length == 0) {} else { `mail -s "Tool" <mymailid> < file.txt`; } Eventhough i have used `uuencode Mailfile$App_Server$line | mail <mymailid>`;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysabari
2 Replies

3. AIX

Problem sending mail

Everytime i try sending mails using the command line have a reply form the daemon saying : ? 1 Message 1: From MAILER-DAEMON Wed Apr 25 10:42:36 2007 Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:42:36 -0500 From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON> To: malarie MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Netghost
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with sending E-Mail

Im having trouble with sending a file with attachment. The attach file wasn't sent to to the recepient. We tested this manually and it works but with the script it doesn't work. I'm thinking there is a problem with the script. Here is the code: mailto=`/dir/dir2/dir3/GET_EMAIL_ADDR.sh... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iq_zero
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem in sending mail to a group

I am calling a unix script in oracle to send a mail to outlook group using mailx. The cmd looks like this: mailx -s "AA_BBB_" APPostServices@xyz.com APPostServices@xyz.com isa group but the mail is not sent but when i send mail to another group it works fine. What are the things that i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervuksich
1 Replies

6. Debian

Sending mail from outlook to virtual debian

Hello to all! I have a problem and i would really need your help. I have virtual debian on my VMware player with already set postfix and dovecot programs so I can send mail from user to user. Next step is to set outlook express on my physical computer (win xp) to send mail to virtual debian.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Red_Lion
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Sending mail as an attachment

Hi, I need to send a email as a txt file and i used the commands, (echo `echo $EMAIL_MSG` ; uuencode "file.txt" "file.txt" ) | mailx -s "$EMAIL_SUBJECT" "$EMAIL_ID" I received email with a attachment with all data but i get all of them in one row. For example: If file.txt contains value... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skcvasanth
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in sending mail with attachment

Hi Team, I have written the following code snippet to send mail with attachment to recipient. But I am getting mail with attachment. But the file is empty. All the 3 Attachment* size is more than 80KB. Not sure what is wrong in the command. MSG_BODY1="hi" LOG_FILE="a/b/c/log1.log"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Troubleshoot the mail sending problem?

I am trying to send a mail through terminal from last week still now I can't able to send it.If there is any resolution Please help me out of this problem.It is very urgent . mail -s "check" upload.xxx@example.com < /root/mail.txt # tail -15 /var/log/maillog Sep 19 16:52:04 edms032... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
15 Replies
IWGETID(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							IWGETID(8)

NAME
iwgetid - Report ESSID, NWID or AP/Cell Address of wireless network SYNOPSIS
iwgetid [interface] [--raw] [--scheme] [--ap] [--freq] [--mode] [--protocol] [--channel] DESCRIPTION
iwgetid is used to find out the NWID, ESSID or AP/Cell Address of the wireless network that is currently used. The information reported is the same as the one shown by iwconfig, but iwgetid is easier to integrate in various scripts. By default, iwgetid will print the ESSID of the device, and if the device doesn't have any ESSID it will print its NWID. The default formatting output is pretty-print. OPTIONS
--raw This option disables pretty-printing of the information. This option is orthogonal to the other options (except --scheme), so with the appropriate combination of options you can print the raw ESSID, AP Address or Mode. This format is ideal when storing the result of iwgetid as a variable in Shell or Perl scripts or to pass the result as an argument on the command line of iwconfig. --scheme This option is similar to the previous one, it disables pretty-printing of the information and removes all characters that are not alphanumerics (like space, punctuation and control characters). The resulting output is a valid Pcmcia scheme identifier (that may be used as an argument of the command cardctl scheme). This for- mat is also ideal when using the result of iwgetid as a selector in Shell or Perl scripts, or as a file name. --ap Display the MAC address of the Wireless Access Point or the Cell. --freq Display the current frequency or channel used by the interface. --channel Display the current channel used by the interface. The channel is determined using the current frequency and the frequency list pro- vided by the interface. --mode Display the current mode of the interface. --protocol Display the protocol name of the interface. This allows to identify all the cards that are compatible with each other and accept the same type of configuration. This can also be used to check Wireless Extension support on the interface, as this is the only attribute that all drivers support- ing Wireless Extension are mandated to support. SEE ALSO
iwconfig(8), ifconfig(8), iwspy(8), iwpriv(8). wireless-tools 02 December 2003 IWGETID(8)