Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Urgent printing problem
Operating Systems HP-UX Urgent printing problem Post 302081834 by filipd on Friday 28th of July 2006 04:26:10 AM
Old 07-28-2006
Urgent printing problem

I can no longer print from HP-UX 10. All the printers are network printers. I have already stopped and restarted the spooler (lpshut and lpsched), but still the same problem. The printers react when I ping them.
I have also tried with SAM, but the system cannot find the printers.
Can somebody help me.

Last edited by filipd; 08-10-2006 at 09:07 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ulimit problem(Urgent)

Hi all, In Tru64 UNIX,there is a command ulimit which sets or reports a resource limit. -d option specifies number of Kilobytes for data area. But when i give same man ulimit in HP-UX, it does shows some ulimit function. I want to replace ulimit -d command in .profile file which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: informshilpa
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent problem with wtmpx

Hi everybody I have a problem with wtmpx. Accounting file. I activated it. It works but to well :( Writes the same message every minute. "faxmodem" As you can see it does not take to long until my /var file is soon full. Thanks Peter (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peterh
26 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help urgent problem

i accedently "deleted" all workspaces I have a black screen and dont know what to do solaris common desktop enviroment (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssshakir
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Another Urgent HDD problem

I have another Hdd problem with Ultra 1 machine the hdd is segate (+-)17560 MB and when I start installtion of sun solaries 2.6 the system sees the hdd correctly, and the installtion goes fine with partioning the disk as follows / 150 MB swap 500 MB /user 1000 MB /user1 100MB /usr3 5500 MB... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adol3
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent: ACCESS PROBLEM

Hi I have users A and B in UNIX system both are not having root priveleges. User A has written a script file where it connects to database and uses a logfile directed to the path in directory of USER B. I copied the script into USER B directory and tried to run the script. Its giving... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent: script problem???

#!/usr/bin/sh read file #exec 3<&0 exec 0<$file while read line do if then BOUND=$line break fi count=`expr $count + 1` done #exec 0<&3 echo $BOUND sh check.sh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating a report -Formatted printing -Urgent

Hi, My aim is to generate a report using shell script. There are various formats fields coloumns etc. I want to print in a single line (row) but in different coloumn as given below: field1 field2 field3 field4 ....... ....... ...... ....... The spacing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent lprm problem

hi all i have printer call prt1 we send to this printer some job and then we want to cancel it. we did lpstat no job id found so i did lprm and it wrote to me No active jobs on prt3!(which i don't have this kind of printer) then i wrote lprm prt1 lprm: No active jobs on prt1! ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT HELP: problem with mv command

I was trying to move a file to a particular directory. In a hurry i forgot to give the dest directory, as below mv prod.log The file disappeared. :confused: Any idea where it might have moved??? And I have tried moving files based on date from one directory to another as below.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siteregsam
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 problem - need urgent help -2

I installed Solaris 10 x86 on a HP server, all OK showing on graphic screen. However it never automatically mount cdrom on boot and one our apps needs to auto-mount the app cdrom on boot to complete the installation. Please help. ALso I connected to this HP server's COM1 with a null-modem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gping
0 Replies
lpshut(1M)                                                System Administration Commands                                                lpshut(1M)

NAME
lpshut - stop the LP print service SYNOPSIS
lpshut DESCRIPTION
The lpshut command stops the LP print service. Printers that are printing when lpshut is invoked stop printing. Start or restart printers using lpsched(1M). EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/var/spool/lp/* LP print queue. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWpsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lp(1), lpstat(1), lpadmin(1M), lpmove(1M), lpsched(1M), attributes( 5) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration SunOS 5.10 8 Jan 1998 lpshut(1M)