Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sending SMS
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Sending SMS Post 302081826 by grial on Friday 28th of July 2006 03:25:32 AM
Old 07-28-2006
Helo.
I'm afraid that you will have to add new software to your system in order to do so. As far as I know, there's no way to send sms from unix. However, here you are some interesting links. Anyway, you will need a mobile, 3rd party software and/or the help of a service provider.
GNOKII: http://www.gnokii.org/
SMSSEND: http://zekiller.skytech.org/smssend_menu_en.html
SMSClient: http://www.smsclient.org/

If you have a mobile with GSM modem, you can use chat scripts also to send SMS.

Regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending SMS on AIX unix

Is it possible to send SMS messages from an AIX unix machine? Preferable using a unix script. I hope somebody knows the answer. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

sending sms to handphone

Hi guys, anyone knows exactly how to send sms to handphone from a unix server? What is/are needed to perform such a task??Pls Advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexjee
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending SMS Via Unix Script?

Hi, Is it possible to send sms to a mobile from unix box using Shell Scripting? I really wonder if anyone can help me with some information regarding how to setup the environment if possible. Iam also searching and trying to setup the same. My Environment: HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Omkumar
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

sending sms through shell script

pl. if any one can help me in this . i wouldlike to know if there is a way to send sms through unix box. i have tried using mailx option. but what type of servers will be required . if any one can give me references... Thankxs in advance Regards, Alpa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alpareshamwala
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash unix cron + sending sms

Hi all, i'm trying to send an sms (notification sms) via a bash script executing throw crontab. The script works fine, but the sms itsn't sent to me. can you help me to resolve this issue, plz. Thanks. Yes - we probably COULD help you if you WOULD provide us with your script, the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arezki76
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Sending SMS from Solaris 10 - Help

All, I'm an in-experienced Solaris user, but our application is now hosted on Solaris 10, after being hosted on HPUX for many years. In some of our scripts, we send a text message to a support persons cell phone using the mailx command: echo "process count high on $HOST" | mailx -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: turk22
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Help with SMS sending Script

I would like assistance on a script that could send a text message to my mobile phone when I run a command and the text should be send only if a condition is met. I want to have a cron-job running every 10 minutes to check the system for overload conditons with a command: more logfile.log | grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinktank
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending sms through Shell script

Can anyone please help me to in scripting of sending sms through shell script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gargidas15
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending sms from UNIX server

Hi, I am currently using Unix solaris server. I need to send a sms to my mobile whenever the CPU usage exceeds the threshold. I tried using mail command its not working. I am using Vodafone sim. Can anyone help me to find this as soon.:confused: And also exactly i don't know the SP name... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arasu123
9 Replies

10. AIX

Sending SMS from my AIX server

Hello AIXian :) I'm trying to send SMS from my AIX server, but I can't find any good solution :confused: Can anyone help me please to finish this task? Many thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.5 2011-08-13 URI::URL(3)