Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script not working as desired Post 302081789 by reborg on Thursday 27th of July 2006 07:13:24 PM
Old 07-27-2006
Hmm, that's awkward, but this might work. I havn't been able to test it however.

Code:
awk -v complete_file=${1}_$(date '+%Y%m%d') 'FNR != 1 {

data[NR] = $0
out=FILENAME "new"
file[NR]=out
records[out]=NR

}

END {
        for ( r in records ) {
                r_count=-1
                for ( j in file ) {
                        if ( file[j] == r ) {
                                r_count++
                        }
                }
                if ( r_count != data[records[r]]) {
                      printf "Record count error in : %s\n", substr(r, 0, length(r)-3)
                      exit(1);
                }
        }

for ( i in file ) {
             if ( i != records[file[i]] ) {
                   print data[i] > file[i]
                   print data[i] > complete_file
            }
        }
        close(file[i])
        close(complete_file)
} ' $files

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod not working as desired

my file had permission -rw-rw-r-- I did chmod +rwx, expecting everything to now be rwx, but it is -rwxrwxr-x why doesn't o have x permission? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script not giving the desired output

Hi, I have a script in which an entry like this ..... FILENAME_B="PIC_${DATE}0732*.JPG" The script connects to an ATM and pull a pic file from it.The format for the file is like PIC_2008061400000001.JPG in the ATM. Means 1st 8 digit is the date(YYYYMMDD) field 2nd 8 digit means hrs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

C shell integer tests, less than and more than, not working as desired

Hello, I am creating a script that gives me system load info when i start a shell or log in via ssh(in the /etc/profile.d/ folder). I created it successfully for bash and want it to work with c-shell as well. This is where i'm having problems, the integer test in the if sentence does not work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: str1fe
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if statement not working as desired

Hello all, I am trying to write a post-commit hook script using bash script. What I am trying to do here is: Developers check in their files to a branch. I check the repository and based on the commit I email QA people. QA verifies and moves the files to a prod branch and email is sent... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kminkeller
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script is not working from cron while working manually

Hello, I am facing a very strange problem when I run my script manuallu ./Fetchcode which is using to connect with MKS integrity from linux end it workks fine but when I run it from cron it doesn't work.Can someone help me 1) How could I check my script when it is running from cron like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job is not working in the desired manner on IBM AIX

Hi, I have created a cron job on IBM AIX but it is not working in desired manner ! Here are the steps which I have followed :- #!/bin/ksh #------------------------------------------------------------------ find /some/file/at/the/user/side/test.log -exec cp {}... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidburn_007
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working in cron but working fine manually

Help. My script is working fine when executed manually but the cron seems not to catch up the command when registered. The script is as follow: #!/bin/sh for file in file_1.txt file_2.txt file_3.txt do awk '{ print "0" }' $file > tmp.tmp mv tmp.tmp $file done And the cron... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasperux
2 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Script to fill the file system mount with empty files to desired size

We are regularly using for our testing, where we are manually filling up the mount with desired size with following command dd if=/dev/zero of=file_2GB bs=2048000 count=2000 We are planning to automate the task where taking input for % of size as one input and the name of the file system... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu123
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed shell script to append desired text to each line in a file

Hi, I had generated a report in my tool as followsoutput.txt 43.35 9 i needed the script to generate a new file like below i want to append the text to each of these lines of my filenewoutputfile.txt should be Total Amount : 43.35 Record Count:9 Regards, Vasa Saikumar. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need comand or script for append text after searching for the desired string

Hi all, i have a generated report in unix in the following command like input.txt 47.85,10 0124,42.35,8 0125,3.5,2 the input file format is fixed I need the my output file with append text as below output.txt 0124 amount:42.35 0125 amount:3.5 0124 count : 8 0125... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
34 Replies
MARC::File::XML(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      MARC::File::XML(3pm)

NAME
MARC::File::XML - Work with MARC data encoded as XML SYNOPSIS
## Loading with USE options use MARC::File::XML ( BinaryEncoding => 'utf8', RecordFormat => 'UNIMARC' ); ## Setting the record format without USE options MARC::File::XML->default_record_format('USMARC'); ## reading with MARC::Batch my $batch = MARC::Batch->new( 'XML', $filename ); my $record = $batch->next(); ## or reading with MARC::File::XML explicitly my $file = MARC::File::XML->in( $filename ); my $record = $file->next(); ## serialize a single MARC::Record object as XML print $record->as_xml(); ## write a bunch of records to a file my $file = MARC::File::XML->out( 'myfile.xml' ); $file->write( $record1 ); $file->write( $record2 ); $file->write( $record3 ); $file->close(); ## instead of writing to disk, get the xml directly my $xml = join( " ", MARC::File::XML::header(), MARC::File::XML::record( $record1 ), MARC::File::XML::record( $record2 ), MARC::File::XML::footer() ); DESCRIPTION
The MARC-XML distribution is an extension to the MARC-Record distribution for working with MARC21 data that is encoded as XML. The XML encoding used is the MARC21slim schema supplied by the Library of Congress. More information may be obtained here: http://www.loc.gov/standards/marcxml/ You must have MARC::Record installed to use MARC::File::XML. In fact once you install the MARC-XML distribution you will most likely not use it directly, but will have an additional file format available to you when you use MARC::Batch. This version of MARC-XML supersedes an the versions ending with 0.25 which were used with the MARC.pm framework. MARC-XML now uses MARC::Record exclusively. If you have any questions or would like to contribute to this module please sign on to the perl4lib list. More information about perl4lib is available at <http://perl4lib.perl.org>. METHODS
When you use MARC::File::XML your MARC::Record objects will have two new additional methods available to them: MARC::File::XML->default_record_format([$format]) Sets or returns the default record format used by MARC::File::XML. Valid formats are MARC21, USMARC, UNIMARC and UNIMARCAUTH. MARC::File::XML->default_record_format('UNIMARC'); as_xml() Returns a MARC::Record object serialized in XML. You can pass an optional format parameter to tell MARC::File::XML what type of record (USMARC, UNIMARC, UNIMARCAUTH) you are serializing. print $record->as_xml([$format]); as_xml_record([$format]) Returns a MARC::Record object serialized in XML without a collection wrapper. You can pass an optional format parameter to tell MARC::File::XML what type of record (USMARC, UNIMARC, UNIMARCAUTH) you are serializing. print $record->as_xml_record('UNIMARC'); new_from_xml([$encoding, $format]) If you have a chunk of XML and you want a record object for it you can use this method to generate a MARC::Record object. You can pass an optional encoding parameter to specify which encoding (UTF-8 or MARC-8) you would like the resulting record to be in. You can also pass a format parameter to specify the source record type, such as UNIMARC, UNIMARCAUTH, USMARC or MARC21. my $record = MARC::Record->new_from_xml( $xml, $encoding, $format ); Note: only works for single record XML chunks. If you want to write records as XML to a file you can use out() with write() to serialize more than one record as XML. out() A constructor for creating a MARC::File::XML object that can write XML to a file. You must pass in the name of a file to write XML to. If the $encoding parameter or the DefaultEncoding (see above) is set to UTF-8 then the binmode of the output file will be set appropriately. my $file = MARC::File::XML->out( $filename [, $encoding] ); write() Used in tandem with out() to write records to a file. my $file = MARC::File::XML->out( $filename ); $file->write( $record1 ); $file->write( $record2 ); close() When writing records to disk the filehandle is automatically closed when you the MARC::File::XML object goes out of scope. If you want to close it explicitly use the close() method. If you want to generate batches of records as XML, but don't want to write to disk you'll have to use header(), record() and footer() to generate the different portions. $xml = join( " ", MARC::File::XML::header(), MARC::File::XML::record( $record1 ), MARC::File::XML::record( $record2 ), MARC::File::XML::record( $record3 ), MARC::File::XML::footer() ); header() Returns a string of XML to use as the header to your XML file. footer() Returns a string of XML to use at the end of your XML file. record() Returns a chunk of XML suitable for placement between the header and the footer. decode() You probably don't ever want to call this method directly. If you do you should pass in a chunk of XML as the argument. It is normally invoked by a call to next(), see MARC::Batch or MARC::File. encode() You probably want to use the as_xml() method on your MARC::Record object instead of calling this directly. But if you want to you just need to pass in the MARC::Record object you wish to encode as XML, and you will be returned the XML as a scalar. TODO
o Support for callback filters in decode(). SEE ALSO
<http://www.loc.gov/standards/marcxml/> MARC::File::USMARC MARC::Batch MARC::Record AUTHORS
o Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com> perl v5.14.2 2011-02-11 MARC::File::XML(3pm)