Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Mounting NAS Drive on solaris Post 302081784 by 0ktalmagik on Thursday 27th of July 2006 05:19:30 PM
Old 07-27-2006
its up. here you go...

# ps -ef |grep rpc
root 128 1 0 May 20 ? 4:12 /usr/sbin/rpcbind
root 283 151 0 May 20 ? 0:00 rpc.metad
root 22685 22647 0 14:19:00 pts/2 0:00 grep rpc
#

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mounting a drive

Trying to mount a drive which has been dropped after corruption. What is the quickets and esiest command to run and which switches? cheers olly (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ollyparkhouse
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Drive mounting

Hello, people. I am pretty new to linux, but I heard it was supposed to be good. So I installed it on an ancient 33mhz 486 with 27mbs of RAM. Ran into problems, patched them, and am here now. I am trying to figure out how to use my floppy and CD-ROM drives. I click their respective icons on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Furtoes00
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Mounting AFS drive

I have an old amiga IDE drive that I wish to read. Its formated in FFS and I understand I can mount this under linux as an AFS filesystem. The drive is already installed in the PC. Can anyone explain in newbie terms the steps t mounting and reading this drive? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SocketSlave
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting a Windows Network Drive on Solaris 10

Hi, I have a Solaris 10 OS. I would like to map a network drive to a Windows machine. I have typed the following command #mount 192.1.1.1:/content_dir /windows 192.1.1.1 - ip address of my windows box content_dir - directory that I have shared out to others users on my windows box... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: annointed3
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Mounting XP Drive in Solaris 10

Hi All, I'm a relative rookie when it comes to the world of Unix and Windows networking, and hoping you can help me out! My predicament: I have a Windows machine running VMWare with an instance of Solaris 10. I have a Windows XP Pro "server" with a large hard drive that I need Solaris to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spiffy05
7 Replies

6. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

7. Linux

CD drive Mounting

Can any one suggest me how to mount the cd drive from unix? I have installed Ubuntu8.0 on my laptop. Your response is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

8. Solaris

mounting usb drive

hi, first of all, i would really like to know how to find out where my usb is in the system. if i "cd to /dev/usb i have a hub0 to hub4 and hid0 -- hid5 .. how do i know where my usb is? and i guess once i find out which one my usb is at, i can do something like "mount /dev/usb/xxx /tmp" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: k2k
5 Replies

9. Solaris

NAS drive (WD My Book Live) via Solaris

Anyone ever done this? Is it even possible to mount the remote NAS drive under Solaris? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
7 Replies
rpc.statd(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      rpc.statd(8)

NAME
rpc.statd, statd - Network status monitor daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rpc.statd [-c] OPTIONS
Available only on TruCluster Server systems. This option starts the clusterwide network status daemon, which helps provide highly available NFS service. Do not use -c directly. Highly available NFS service is configured by default and typically does not require intervention. If you do need to start the clusterwide network status daemon, use the CAA command, caa_start cluster_lockd. For more information, see the TruCluster Server Administration manual. DESCRIPTION
The rpc.statd daemon monitors the status of the client and server sites in response to a request made by the local rpc.lockd daemon. When a site failure is detected, the rpc.statd daemon notifies the local rpc.lockd daemon, which then processes the recovery of the locked files or file regions. RESTRICTIONS
The crash of a site is only detected on its recovery. FILES
A directory created by the statd daemon. Each file name in the directory is the host name of a client or server that the statd daemon will notify upon its recovery. A backup directory created by the statd daemon. A file created by the statd daemon to store its state number. SEE ALSO
Daemons: rpc.lockd(8) Files: statmon(4) rpc.statd(8)