Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Squid 2.6STABLE1 and IE6 SP2
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo Squid 2.6STABLE1 and IE6 SP2 Post 302081779 by this213 on Thursday 27th of July 2006 04:42:49 PM
Old 07-27-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard
I tested by setting the suggested http 1.1 setting and that allowed the proxy to work. The problem I'm facing is that our Windows admin is positive there is no way to set this for all the browsers centrally.
You can do exactly this from within your AD DC. Depending on the policies you currently have, you may have to create a new policy specifically for this. See http://www.mensys.nl/netop/docs/NNF_deployment.pdf for the general directions.

On a different note, I would seriously question anything I was using that only allowed me to use IE (as opposed to any other browser). Chances are, you have no real reason to even have to use Windows in a corporate environment, especially if your applications are already web-based. Since your critical applications are web based (I'm guessing due to your professed "need"), someone messed up one of the main reasons to have web-based applications to begin with. That being the ability to connect using cheaper, non-proprietary, platform independant clients.

On yet another note, if your Windows systems admin doesn't know how to apply group policies to a corporate AD domain, they either need to be replaced or trained or your whole network should be migrated to Linux (mainly for security reasons). IMO Windows doesn't belong on a corporate network to begin with, but if you're not using AD to its full potential someone in charge over there really needs to take another look at the way your infrastructure is operating. I don't mean for this to sound rude, nor am I trying to spout the "joys of open source solutions" to you. Rather, I'm giving you sound advice which may stop a future incident from crippling your infrastructure (and perhaps costing people jobs).

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 dualboot with Win Xp sp2 ....Plz help !!!!!

Hi All , I am new to solaris & i would like to explore it to taste a flavour of Unix. Before I installed I did a lot of googling as I did not want to play with the data i have on win XP & finally installed Solaris in a dual mode option along with Win XP. These are the steps i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: codewarrior
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install Cygwin on Windows XP SP2

Please can anyone help me with how to install cygwin on a windows Xp SP2 platform, I cant seem to get it to work? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimoney
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where are the repositories located in SUSE SLES 10 SP2

Hi, In SUSE SLES 10 SP2 where are the software repositories located? In CENTOS they are in /etc/yum.repositories or something like that. What does SLES use? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suse 10 SP2 VNC Password

hi guys I've configured some CentOS where you can set a password for VNC and that password is requested before connecting to the normal user login But I found that Suse 10 SP3 has no such thing basically it has this configuration under /etc/xinetd.d/vnc service vnc1 { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Squid vs iptables = no Squid access.log?

Hello, I have a pretty useless satellite link at home (far from any civilization), so I wanted to set up caching in order to speed things up. My Squid 2.6 runs "3128 transparent" and is set up quite well on a separate machine. I also have my dd-wrt router to move all port 80 traffic through... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: theWojtek
0 Replies

6. Fedora

Install memcached on Suse 11 SP2

hi guys I am trying to install this extension for php named memcached but I am not really able to do it PECL :: Package :: memcached I have Suse 11 SP2 installed without any registration (I mean installed not paying subscription) so my question is there a way to install it like in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sometimes getting SP2-0734 error message

Hi All, Once I try to execute the below script,it will execute the script and it will generate the output file. Sometimes,it got executed successfully and generate the output file.. sometimes,it got executed and generate the output with error message as ********************************* Top of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenk768
3 Replies
Mojolicious::Guides::CodingGuidelines(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		Mojolicious::Guides::CodingGuidelines(3pm)

NAME
Mojolicious::Guides::CodingGuidelines - Coding guidelines OVERVIEW
This document describes the coding guidelines that are the foundations of Mojo and Mojolicious development. Please do not send patches unless you agree with them. MISSION STATEMENT
Mojo is a runtime environment for Perl real-time web frameworks. It provides all the basic tools and helpers needed to write simple web applications and higher level web frameworks such as Mojolicious. All components should be reusable in other projects and in a UNIXish way only loosely coupled. Especially for people new to Perl it should be as easy as possible to install Mojolicious and get started. Writing web applications can be one of the most fun ways to learn a language! For developers of other web frameworks it should be possible to reuse all the infrastructure and just consider the higher levels of the Mojolicious distribution an example application. RULES
Web development should be easy and fun, this is what we optimize for. The web is a moving target, to stay relevant we have to stay in motion too. Keep it simple, no magic unless absolutely necessary. The installation process should be as fast and painless as possible. (Less than a minute on most common hardware is a good rule of thumb) The addition and modification of features is decided by majority vote or the pumpking. Any core developer may nominate a new one, who must then be accepted by a 2/3 majority vote. The pumpking has veto rights and may select his successor. It's not a feature without a test and documentation. A feature is only needed when the majority of the userbase benefits from it. Features may only be changed in a major release or after being deprecated for at least 3 months. Refactoring and deprecations should be avoided if no important feature depends on it. New features can be marked as experimental to be excluded from deprecation policies. A major release is signaled by a new major version number and a unique code name based on a unicode character. Only add dependencies if absolutely necessary and make them optional if possible. Domain specific languages should be avoided in favor of Perl-ish solutions. No inline POD. Documentation belongs to the guides, module POD is just an API reference. The main focus of the included documentation should be on examples, no walls of text. (An example for every one or two sentences is a good rule of thumb) Everything should be ordered alphabetically if possible. The master source code repository should always be kept in a stable state, use feature branches for actual development. Code has to be run through Perl::Tidy with the included ".perltidyrc", and everything should look like it was written by a single person. Code should be organized in blocks and those blocks should be commented. No spaghetti code. Comments should be correctly capitalized, and funny if possible, punctuation is optional if it doesn't increase readability. Every file should contain at least one quote from "The Simpsons" or "Futurama". No names outside of "Mojolicious.pm". No Elitism. Peace! MORE
You can continue with Mojolicious::Guides now or take a look at the Mojolicious wiki <http://github.com/kraih/mojo/wiki>, which contains a lot more documentation and examples by many different authors. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojolicious::Guides::CodingGuidelines(3pm)