Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sending SMS
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Sending SMS Post 302081715 by System Shock on Thursday 27th of July 2006 07:50:30 AM
Old 07-27-2006
You may also look into a WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) application.
But first follow the advice of amitkhiare, contact your telephone service provider and ask them if they relay e-mail to SMS.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending SMS on AIX unix

Is it possible to send SMS messages from an AIX unix machine? Preferable using a unix script. I hope somebody knows the answer. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

sending sms to handphone

Hi guys, anyone knows exactly how to send sms to handphone from a unix server? What is/are needed to perform such a task??Pls Advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexjee
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending SMS Via Unix Script?

Hi, Is it possible to send sms to a mobile from unix box using Shell Scripting? I really wonder if anyone can help me with some information regarding how to setup the environment if possible. Iam also searching and trying to setup the same. My Environment: HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Omkumar
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

sending sms through shell script

pl. if any one can help me in this . i wouldlike to know if there is a way to send sms through unix box. i have tried using mailx option. but what type of servers will be required . if any one can give me references... Thankxs in advance Regards, Alpa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alpareshamwala
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash unix cron + sending sms

Hi all, i'm trying to send an sms (notification sms) via a bash script executing throw crontab. The script works fine, but the sms itsn't sent to me. can you help me to resolve this issue, plz. Thanks. Yes - we probably COULD help you if you WOULD provide us with your script, the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arezki76
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Sending SMS from Solaris 10 - Help

All, I'm an in-experienced Solaris user, but our application is now hosted on Solaris 10, after being hosted on HPUX for many years. In some of our scripts, we send a text message to a support persons cell phone using the mailx command: echo "process count high on $HOST" | mailx -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: turk22
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Help with SMS sending Script

I would like assistance on a script that could send a text message to my mobile phone when I run a command and the text should be send only if a condition is met. I want to have a cron-job running every 10 minutes to check the system for overload conditons with a command: more logfile.log | grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinktank
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending sms through Shell script

Can anyone please help me to in scripting of sending sms through shell script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gargidas15
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending sms from UNIX server

Hi, I am currently using Unix solaris server. I need to send a sms to my mobile whenever the CPU usage exceeds the threshold. I tried using mail command its not working. I am using Vodafone sim. Can anyone help me to find this as soon.:confused: And also exactly i don't know the SP name... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arasu123
9 Replies

10. AIX

Sending SMS from my AIX server

Hello AIXian :) I'm trying to send SMS from my AIX server, but I can't find any good solution :confused: Can anyone help me please to finish this task? Many thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
2 Replies
PAGERMAP(5)							File Formats Manual						       PAGERMAP(5)

NAME
pagermap - SNPP pager identifier mapping file DESCRIPTION
The file etc/pagermap (by default) is used by the SNPP support in hfaxd(8) to map pager identifiers specified with the PAGE directive to IXO/TAP or SMS service providers and optionally a Pager Identification Number (PIN). (The ability to specify a PIN makes it possible to define aliases for pagers.) Note that etc/pagermap may be called a different name; the filename is specified with the PagerIDMapFile con- figuration parameter read by hfaxd(8). The pagermap file is comprised of one or more lines of the following format: <pattern> <dialstring>[/<pin>] Each line specifies a <pattern> that is matched against a client-specified pager identifier string. A pattern may be a plain string or a POSIX 1003.2 extended regular expression; plain strings must compare exactly while regular expressions are unanchored and any substring match constitutes a ``hit''. Regular expressions are distinguished from plain strings by the presence of one or more of the magic charac- ters ``[]*.^$-+{}()''. The <dialstring> identifies the IXO/TAP or SMS service provider to contact for delivery or, if <dialstring> is the string ``reject'' (case insensitive) then the pager identifier is rejected. If the optional <pin> is specified then it used to deliver the page instead of the client-specified identifier. If the matching expression is a regular expression the optional <pin> may reference the entire string matched by the regular expression with the ``&'' character. Substrings matched with the ``(...)'' constructs may be referenced by using `` '' where n is a single numeric digit between 1 and 9 that refers to the n-th matched substring; c.f. re_format(7), sed(1), etc. hfaxd processes lines in the mapping file sequentially; the first line with a pattern that matches the pager identifier is used to deliver or reject the page. Lines that begin with a ``#'' are treated as comments and discarded. Leading whitespace on a line is also ignored. EXAMPLES
The following defines an alias for ``sam'', submits all destinations with a leading ``Sky'' to a particular IXO/TAP service provider, and otherwise rejects the pager ID. (Note that using alphabetics in dial strings requires a dialstring rules file that understands how to map alphabetics to key codes--or one that passes them through verbatim.) # a simple mapping example sam 5551212/99 Sky(.*) 1800SkyTel/1 .* reject SEE ALSO
hfaxd(8), hylafax-server(5) May 8, 1996 PAGERMAP(5)