Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mouning a Jaz drive on a DEC Alpha? (with a little Solaris thrown in) Post 302081597 by Ebbi on Wednesday 26th of July 2006 11:32:35 AM
Old 07-26-2006
You could try to get the gcc compiler from http://www.sunfreeware.com/ or the Sun Studio (free of charge) running on the Solaris box.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing unix jaz disk in Linux Mandrake..Can I??

Can I utilize Linux to read a Unix formatted Jaz drive in linux mandrake... Basically are the ext2 files compatible... I seem to be having a rather nasty time due to my ignorance on the platform... Help would be much apprecited Thanks !! T.J.:( ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpmania
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error thrown

I am unable to trace the syntax error reported.... can any one help? #codefor assert9419 #rchakra18jun2004 function hextodec(hexa) { result=0; lon = length(hexa); #print "long:"lon for (i = 1; i <= lon ; i++) { k = substr(hexa, lon + 1 - i, 1); #print "k:"k j=0 if (tolower(k) ==... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rraajjiibb
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Mounting XP Drive in Solaris 10

Hi All, I'm a relative rookie when it comes to the world of Unix and Windows networking, and hoping you can help me out! My predicament: I have a Windows machine running VMWare with an instance of Solaris 10. I have a Windows XP Pro "server" with a large hard drive that I need Solaris to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spiffy05
7 Replies

4. AIX

Error thrown while trying to build in AIX 5.2

Hi All, Currently my project source code is compatible with HP-UX11.0 and Sun Solaris5.8. I m trying to build the source code in AIX 5.2 using gcc 4.2.2 compiler. Can anyone suggest me after seeing the rules file, what options do i need to specify to get rid of the cb error I m... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleopatra789
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

background image not loading in newly thrown html page by shell script

I m trying to throw back html page when a file is found.While throwing back html page, the background image is not coming. I am using Apache server.Please suggest how to resolve... #!/bin/ksh echo -e "Content-type: text/html\n\n" echo "<html><head></head><body background=\"/asc/ppp.jpg\">"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi18s
10 Replies

6. Linux

Linux on DEC Alpha platform

Hi All, Is there a commercially available version of Linux which will run on a DEC/Digital/HP Alpha platform. Specifically a AlphaStation 200 4/166. I am currently running VMS 8.3 on the machine but the HP license conditions are encouraging me to change the OS. Thanks and Regards, Ron... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roslynlea
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Thrown in position, need to manage AIX 5.3

Hey Everyone, First post and I'm coming here for help. Basically, the company I work for has been put in a weird situation with staff turnover. I used to manage an application on our IBM p5 running AIX 5.3, but I am now managing the whole server itself. I have no experience, no box to test... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pvpkife
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install SCSI Jaz drive in Sparc Solaris

I recently got a Sun Sparc 10 Ultra with Solaris 10 installed on it. Now I'm trying to connect my SCSI Jaz drive to it. I moved my Adaptec AHA-2940U PCI SCSI card from my XP PC (where it was working OK) to the Sun and that's about as far as I got. I did a probe-scsi-all and got nothing back,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
0 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)