Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to type "^C" in VI editor Post 302081586 by phrazz on Wednesday 26th of July 2006 10:57:40 AM
Old 07-26-2006
^v, ^c is a bad separator character

You can use ^v to enter control chars on the command line, too.

Might be better to "parse" using "tr" first and convert to an ASCII delim.

tr '^c' '|' < infile > outfile # convert ^c characters to pipes

To do this also use the ^v "trick" on the command line, or use octal codes.

"Parsing" in vi I am guessing you mean "converting".

What are you trying to do?

-Phrazz

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a Shortcut (to just type "l" but it runs "ls -lah")

How do I create shortcuts? For example: I just want to type one key "l" and have it output the command of "ls -lah" I believe it's creating a file called l with 755 permissions but I'm not sure where to put the file. *if it matters, I'm on a shared hosting web server using cPanel with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustsawmars
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Web Development

Why using this kind of format in Web Development <script type="text/javascript"><!-- ...//--></scrip

I am just wondering why do programmers are using this when programming the web? When you making a joomla templates and the more focus in your mind is to target the search engines then java is very important.Not to use that. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Content-type: text/html No input file specified." Only in CRON but not when executed directly

Hi gang, I have the following code inside a the file script.sh #!/bin/bash todaysdate=$(date --date='7 day' +'%d') todaysmonth=$(date +'%m') todaysyear=$(date +'%Y') yahoodatestring=$todaysyear$todaysmonth$todaysdate nicedate=$(date --date='5 day' +'%A') nice="$nicedate,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpchick
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

8. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
XML2(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   XML2(1)

NAME
xml2 - convert xml documents in a flat format 2xml - convert flat format into xml html2 - convert html documents in a flat format 2html - convert flat format into html csv2 - convert csv files in a flat format 2csv - convert flat format into csv SYNOPSIS
<xml2|2xml|html2|2html|csv2|2csv> > outfile < infile DESCRIPTION
There are six tools. Except csv2 and and 2csv they don't take any command-line arguments. They are all simple filters which can be used to read files from standard input in one format and output it to standard output in another format. The flat format used by the tools is specific to these tools. It is a syntax for representing structured markup in a way that makes it easy to process with line-oriented tools. The same format is used for HTML and XML; in fact, you can think of html2 as converting HTML to XHTML and running xml2 on the result; likewise 2html and 2xml. (Of course, this isn't how the implementation works.) SEE ALSO
This program does normally not include any documentation in form of manpages. However it has a real excellent documentation online with a lot of example. In fact this manpage was based on this documentation. Please find it on: http://dan.egnor.name/xml2/ref Examples can be found here: http://dan.egnor.name/xml2/examples AUTHOR
xml2 was written by Dan Egnor. This manpage was written by Patrick Schoenfeld <schoenfeld@in-medias-res.com> for the Debian project, but may be used by others under the same terms as xml2 is distributed. BUGS
Bugs can be reported through the Debian Bug tracking system. 7h february 2008 XML2(1)