Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux web portal <--> linux configuration Post 302081582 by Corona688 on Wednesday 26th of July 2006 10:45:08 AM
Old 07-26-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemeot
Dear experts,

I am new to linux. I found that my linux server does not support the webportal links, causing the file system in the webportal to disappear as well. I suspect 1st: configuration of linux not set properly, 2nd: access link lost for the filing system.

Please give me a rough idea where to start checking the linux configuration & access link, thank you very much!
Could you say what's going on, please? I don't understand what you mean by webportal links and what this has to do with the filesystem. I'm thinking you're talking about some sort of web administration system but beyond that I can't guess.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Linux network configuration problem

I have clients that will be connecting to a server (ServerA) through a switch. ServerA connects to the switch through eth0 and i use another ethernet card - eth1 to connect to the Internet through an ADSL router. The clients can access the internet with no problem, i have set up IP forwarding and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robple11
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Web server configuration in Unix

Dear All, i'm very new to this forum, infact just joined today. :o . i want to install and configure web server on Unix (Sco Openserver 5.0.7). i want any documents or text guide on this..... awaiting for experts help, Thanx Nikhil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niksharma
1 Replies

3. Linux

Wireless setup/configuration on Linux

hi all, :) Please let mew know some useful link that has some information about wireless set-up and configuration for Linux FC-8 on laptop. -regards Ashvin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashvin Gaur
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

samba server configuration on linux.

Today I have configured samba server on my linux machine .I thought it would be better if i share it here and get feedback from an experienced users. This configuration is based on Redhat release 5. # lsb_release -a LSB Version: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wireless configuration on My linux

Hello All Please can some one help me to use my USB wireless card D-Link on my laptop i want to configure it, I am using madriva 2010 my system Acer Aspire 4315 i want to know how to configure it and where to get special driver to download the driver Please (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bealoumluka
0 Replies

6. Linux

Linux networking configuration

I have a question concerning default gateways in RHEL. In Linux, the default gateway does not have to be associated with a specific interface - when you look at your routing table with route -n, your default gateway can be associated with the default route on the last line, and doesn't have to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rojizo
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Permissions configuration for web server

Greetings! I have a Solaris workstation that I use for web hosting. It runs SAMP and everything was working good for me until I got a need to add a couple of co-workers to help me with development. I'm trying to find some guidance for how to set up filesystem permissions so everybody would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pn8830
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a simple web portal/GUI to execute scripts?

Very new to this..... What I would like to do: Create a simple GUI/Web portal with 3 buttons and 1 text field The three buttons need to take the input into the text field and use that as the variable to execute scripts located on a server Problem: How can i get the buttons on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: poops
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to change bonding configuration in Linux 5.9?

I have 2 ethernet port in my linux (Red hat 5.9) machine.The 2 ethernet ports (eth0 and eth1)are bonded and are making one single ethernet port namely bond0. I have adaptive load share option selected.Now in this condition, if my eth0 port disconnected due to some failure, then will eth1 take the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
0 Replies

10. IP Networking

DHCP option 90 Configuration on Linux

Hello Friends, I am looking for the configuration steps to enable option 90 on Linux DHCP server.Also i need to add secret id to be configured for option 90. can someone help me in providing the steps with parameter values . Thanks in advance, Veera (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: veera_s99
0 Replies
UUID(3) 							    Libuuid API 							   UUID(3)

NAME
uuid - DCE compatible Universally Unique Identifier library SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid/uuid.h> DESCRIPTION
The UUID library is used to generate unique identifiers for objects that may be accessible beyond the local system. This library generates UUIDs compatible with those created by the Open Software Foundation (OSF) Distributed Computing Environment (DCE) utility uuidgen. The UUIDs generated by this library can be reasonably expected to be unique within a system, and unique across all systems. They could be used, for instance, to generate unique HTTP cookies across multiple web servers without communication between the servers, and without fear of a name clash. CONFORMING TO
OSF DCE 1.1 AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux-ng package since version 2.15.1 and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux- ng/. SEE ALSO
uuid_clear(3), uuid_compare(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_time(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux-ng May 2009 UUID(3)